BBC article on what liquidation actually means for us

BBC - Rangers Liquidation

Copied and pasted these two main points raised in the article (main points are in bold)...

1.What happens to the club's history?

The Rangers Football Club PLC is a public limited company registered in Scotland (company number: SC004276) and was incorporated on 27 May 1899. When the current company is officially liquidated, all of its corporate business history will come to an end.

2.What if the application to transfer the SPL share is not successful?

If the SPL rejects the share transfer, the new club could then make an application to join the Scottish Football League. If successful, it would then apply for SFA membership. The new club can only apply for SFA membership when it has a competition to participate in. An opening would arise in the SFL if a club is promoted from the First Division to replace Rangers in the top flight.

All applications to the SFA are assessed on their merits. However, the SFA say any sanctions placed upon the oldco would be taken into consideration to act as a deterrent to other clubs following the same route. Additionally, the new club will not be able to participate in European competition for three years.

So the new-co will not carry on any history from the old-co as they are not related.

Yet the new-co will be influenced by sanctions placed on the old-co.

To when it suits them, the old-co and new-co are related, and when it suits them, they aren't related.

Are they just making stuff up as they go along?

Yes, yes they are.

In answer to point 1 - Corporate History is not related to sporting history, and it is a pathetic attempt at a smokescreen.

The point to put to them is really: When we are a newco, will you still hate us? When they say yes, then we are all right.

BBC - Rangers Liquidation

Copied and pasted these two main points raised in the article (main points are in bold)...

1.What happens to the club's history?

The Rangers Football Club PLC is a public limited company registered in Scotland (company number: SC004276) and was incorporated on 27 May 1899. When the current company is officially liquidated, all of its corporate business history will come to an end.

2.What if the application to transfer the SPL share is not successful?

If the SPL rejects the share transfer, the new club could then make an application to join the Scottish Football League. If successful, it would then apply for SFA membership. The new club can only apply for SFA membership when it has a competition to participate in. An opening would arise in the SFL if a club is promoted from the First Division to replace Rangers in the top flight.

All applications to the SFA are assessed on their merits. However, the SFA say any sanctions placed upon the oldco would be taken into consideration to act as a deterrent to other clubs following the same route. Additionally, the new club will not be able to participate in European competition for three years.

So the new-co will not carry on any history from the old-co as they are not related.

To when it suits them, the old-co and new-co are related, and when it suits them, they aren't related.

I think you are just making stuff up as you go along.

all of its corporate business history

Not all of its history. Not even the footballing history. Just the 'corporate business history'

I dont give two flying fucks what anyone says, or tries to tell me, the next time we win the league it will number 55 and countin, and if timmy doesnt like that then he can go and blow off his former coach.

The Airdrie situation is completely different, Airdrie United were actually Clydebank, so there is no continuity between Airdrie United and Airdrieonians. With Rangers, the new company is buying the club from the administrators of the old company, so you have continuity.

We have lost our history!! As of next season we will be the least decorated team in world football. We won't even have a match win to our names. This is fucking sick, we will have to start all over again and will never catch the records celtic will surely make, how can we, they will have a 140 year headstart on us. Fuck this, if we ;lose the history I will lay down my scarves with the true rangers if the club dies, too painful otherwise. I'll live in the past. WWTP (we were the people)

:anguish:

We have lost our history!! As of next season we will be the least decorated team in world football. We won't even have a match win to our names. This is fucking sick, we will have to start all over again and will never catch the records celtic will surely make, how can we, they will have a 140 year headstart on us. Fuck this, if we ;lose the history I will lay down my scarves with the true rangers if the club dies, too painful otherwise. I'll live in the past. WWTP (we were

the people)

and another tarrier outs himself.

There is a difference between corporate history and sporting history.

I blame the apartheid schooling

We have lost our history!! As of next season we will be the least decorated team in world football. We won't even have a match win to our names. This is fucking sick, we will have to start all over again and will never catch the records celtic will surely make, how can we, they will have a 140 year headstart on us. Fuck this, if we ;lose the history I will lay down my scarves with the true rangers if the club dies, too painful otherwise. I'll live in the past. WWTP (we were the people)

Glasgow Rangers the business have stopped but Glasgow Rangers the football club is all part of the assets Green will try purchase today.

So along with Ibrox stadium,Auchenhowie and the club name we will still have 140 years of history. The Business that started in 1899 will cease to run.

What a fucking clown you are, go back to your bead rattling pals you inbred fuckwit

away u go.

:lol: Utter rubbish!

The club still exists and it's history and records still carry on.

Your numbers are completely wrong as well. Celtic haven't even existed for 140 years! Rangers as a club have existed for this period of time, but it's plc company was brought in 113 years ago. Still sad to lose that aspect, but the club was born and even won trophies prior to this. Anyone who says otherwise is just pendering to what Celtic fans and sensationalist journalists want to hear.

Load of tosh anyone with the same feelings should read the article below about how clubs can come back stronger in this situation.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/m/middlesbrough/4978578.stm

Middlebough formed in 1876--(liquidated in 1986) but still the same club, uefa cup finalists 20 years later.

They seem to want it both ways, newco would have no history and would not be the same club but it must get the sanctions of the oldco who they claim no longer exists?

Only in Scotland...

It is ridiculous the amount of sensationalist rubbish we have to read, the sad thing is some folk just take it as fact and dont bother to do any thinking of their own.

I did not support The Rangers Football Club Plc 1899 I support the club. I still do today, still will tomorrow and still will till theres no more breath left in me. No amount of scaremongering by the media or anyone else will change that. If it does for some people good luck to you in your future endeavours, we don't need you.