The Bitter Scotsman

gsa

It's that time again, a major championship for football fans to enjoy. In Scotland this is when a particular species raises his head.....the bitter Scotsman. The bitter Scotsman mocks England's chances of winning the tournament despite his own team being unable to qualify (again). The bitter Scorsman mocks England's fans for getting behind their team ( this only applies to England, every other countries fans are applauded for this type of support and the bitter Scotsman himself supports evermore, following his brave heroes to Belarus in the hope of sneaking a 0-0 draw) the bitter Scotsman is very angry at the English "media", he will repeat again and again the myth that Englands media are somehow worse than any other countries, of course this is nonsense and every countries media becomes jingoistic when a major tournament comes round. Obviously in the case of the bitter Scotsman his countries media becomes jingoistic during qualifying campaigns as actual tournaments are a distant dream.

When the tournament finishes the bitter Scotsman will hibernate for a while then will dust down his costume for another attention seeking trip to Lithuania where he will hope everyone notices him supporting his brave heroes evermore.

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When I passed the local "Tartan Army" pub this morning, there were two flags on poles outside, those of Ukraine and Sweden - obviously there from last night. When I passed it again this evening, another two flags were up - Czech Republic and Greece. Doesn't take a genius to work out they are displaying the flags of the teams as they play in Euro 2012.

Nice gesture, except when England played France yesterday evening there was only one flag on display. - no prizes for guessing which one was missing. I'll keep an eye on it to see if they manage to fly the rag of the ROI.

In case you ain't noticed Rangers are a Scottish club. So therefore Scottish people follow them and i might be risking it here...might not want England to do well. I do not fall into that bracket as i was born in England and have family there. But i do understand why some Scottish folk do not want England to do well. Hopefully someone can redirect you to some English fan's forum where they spend a lot of time laughing at the Scotland team's efforts.

In case you ain't noticed Rangers are a Scottish club. So therefore Scottish people follow them and i might be risking it here...might not want England to do well. I do not fall into that bracket as i was born in England and have family there. But i do understand why some Scottish folk do not want England to do well. Hopefully someone can redirect you to some English fan's forum where they spend a lot of time laughing at the Scotland team's efforts.

From providing the national team with fantastic support, Rangers fans are turning away in their droves from the Scotland team and tbh the shite with the SFA is making it worse

From providing the national team with fantastic support, Rangers fans are turning away in their droves from the Scotland team and tbh the shite with the SFA is making it worse

I can't really see any rangers fans going to Scotland games now tbh.

When I passed the local "Tartan Army" pub this morning, there were two flags on poles outside, those of Ukraine and Sweden - obviously there from last night. When I passed it again this evening, another two flags were up - Czech Republic and Greece. Doesn't take a genius to work out they are displaying the flags of the teams as they play in Euro 2012.

Nice gesture, except when England played France yesterday evening there was only one flag on display. - no prizes for guessing which one was missing. I'll keep an eye on it to see if they manage to fly the rag of the ROI.

Well obviously.

IF you seriously expect an England flag to be in display outside of a Tartan Army pub then you're just fucking silly.

Agreed.

But I can still see plenty in attendance tbh.

There will be mate, i imagine some will use the away games to make up for the not going away with Rangers, however i hope we can get a couple of friendlies abroad on European weeks with maybe some big clubs who never made Europe

There will be mate, i imagine some will use the away games to make up for the not going away with Rangers, however i hope we can get a couple of friendlies abroad on European weeks with maybe some big clubs who never made Europe

I was thinking about that earlier myself. It would make up for me not getting away on holiday this year anyway, a week-long friendly in Ibiza will do me just fine. :pipe:

I was thinking about that earlier myself. It would make up for me not getting away on holiday this year anyway, a week-long friendly in Ibiza will do me just fine. :pipe:

laugh.gif

Due to my work i can only make one euro trip in the group sections so a friendly would suit me big style or as you say a week long friendly pipeb.gif

Well obviously.

IF you seriously expect an England flag to be in display outside of a Tartan Army pub then you're just fucking silly.

It didn't really surprise me, but it's a bit petty to go to the bother of flying 15 different flags so you can make a point by not flying one.

Its alot beter to support scotland and want england to fail than be scottish and want your own country to fail

I don't want Scotland to fail. However I certainly don't define my Scottishness by hating England.

Well I can't understand why anyone would want our fellow Brits to do badly. Particularly when Scotland have not qualified you would expect people up here to get behind England.

Most English people couldn't give a fuck either way about Scotland, they certainly don't have the same level of hatred as the tartan army(aka attention seeking cunts)

Nor does anyone.

Are you for real?!! Haha!

You are seriously trying to claim that nobody define their Scottishness by hating England?!! What an idiot. I can only assume you are joking! Funny lad!

Are you for real?!! Haha!

You are seriously trying to claim that nobody define their Scottishness by hating England?!! What an idiot. I can only assume you are joking! Funny lad!

What does that even mean ? :lol: Only support Scotland because you hate England ? <cr>

You don't know what defining your Scittishness by hating England means? Haha! Back to the tartan army boards Hamish. You can trawl through pictures of fat stupid looking men wearing timberland boots and kilts.

You don't know what defining your Scittishness by hating England means? Haha! Back to the tartan army boards Hamish. You can trawl through pictures of fat stupid looking men wearing timberland boots and kilts.

You could've probably explained what you meant in a post in less time it took you to make yourself look like a complete and utter mong in this one.

I don't want Scotland to fail. However I certainly don't define my Scottishness by hating England.

Hoping england get humped out of major tournaments isnt exactly hatred, i dont hate the english people i just find it funny seeing them getting knocked out, probably out of sheer badness on my part but icant help myself. Would probably never get quite so bitter as to hang opposition flags outside my house but each to their own