The Bitter Scotsman

gsa

Aye right you. :lol:

So the media over there completely downplay any chance Northern Ireland have ? The media in any Country are supposed to be optimistic and positive with the national side, if they didn't they'd deal with floods of complaints and boycotts.

See tbh though mate, the Scottish media seemed to think this was a great group. Wales and Belgium are now very good young sides and the Croats and the Serbs are very good sides. Scotland at home hard to beat, Scotland away are just another Belarus etc

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I had a full out argument with my mate last night, he wanted to punch me cause I said I wanted England to do well in the Euros.

Way I see it is I love following the EPL, the England players play in that League so why not watch them all together as a team and wish them well.

Scotland are shite, and the tartan army hates Rangers :pipe:

The EPL is full of foreigners, that's the only reason its any good.

It's that time again, a major championship for football fans to enjoy. In Scotland this is when a particular species raises his head.....the bitter Scotsman. The bitter Scotsman mocks England's chances of winning the tournament despite his own team being unable to qualify (again). The bitter Scorsman mocks England's fans for getting behind their team ( this only applies to England, every other countries fans are applauded for this type of support and the bitter Scotsman himself supports evermore, following his brave heroes to Belarus in the hope of sneaking a 0-0 draw) the bitter Scotsman is very angry at the English "media", he will repeat again and again the myth that Englands media are somehow worse than any other countries, of course this is nonsense and every countries media becomes jingoistic when a major tournament comes round. Obviously in the case of the bitter Scotsman his countries media becomes jingoistic during qualifying campaigns as actual tournaments are a distant dream.

When the tournament finishes the bitter Scotsman will hibernate for a while then will dust down his costume for another attention seeking trip to Lithuania where he will hope everyone notices him supporting his brave heroes evermore.

'bitter'? yerr havin a fucking laugh, eh?

yesterday, i phoned my english mate and said, 'the sweden game was a great result for you, you must be happy about it'

his reply, 'well, to be honest it wasn't really a big deal for me. all i'm thinking about is who we're getting in the final.'

lucky i was on the phone so he couldn't see me pishin masel laughin at him.

it's not 'bitter' at all, pal.

we really love the english.

you're comedy fucking gold!

we scots and the rest of the football world are constantly bombarded with english propaganda - the 'greatness' of england's national team. a reputation spawned by a world cup final that occurred 46 years ago which was won, but where you got outplayed on your own patch.

then watching this same 'best team in the world' completely defeated, outclassed, and humiliated by scotland a few months later.

we love listening with rolling eyes to the constant barrage of english propoganda shite because it makes the inevitable reality check - like your humiliation by the gerries in SA, so much funnier.

naw son, we're no 'bitter' at all.

in fact, we really appreciate the english and your world class humour - Fawlty, Gervais, Python, Norman Wisdom, Hancock and most of all - the england football team.

maybe if the english propensity of fucking arrogance could be garnished with a little modesty once in a while then maybe the sound of scot's laughter might be a little less voluminous.

till then :lol:

The idea that the English media tell us all England are going to win it is total shite as well. As far back as Italia 90 I can remember them doing the team and staff down in the run up to the tournament and nothing has changed.

It seems the bitter Scotsman likes to create a few myths to justify his ways.

yesterday, i phoned my english mate and said, 'the sweden game was a great result for you, you must be happy about it'

his reply, 'well, to be honest it wasn't really a big deal for me. all i'm thinking about is who we're getting in the final.'

we scots and the rest of the football world are constantly bombarded with english propaganda - the 'greatness' of england's national team. a reputation spawned by a world cup final that occurred 46 years ago which was won, but where you got outplayed on your own patch.

then watching this same 'best team in the world' completely defeated, outclassed, and humiliated by scotland a few months later.

we love listening with rolling eyes to the constant barrage of english propoganda shite because it makes the inevitable reality check - like your humiliation by the gerries in SA, so much funnier.

in fact, we really appreciate the english and your world class humour - Fawlty, Gervais, Python, Norman Wisdom, Hancock and most of all - the england football team.

maybe if the english propensity of fucking arrogance could be garnished with a little modesty once in a while then maybe the sound of scot's laughter might be a little less voluminous.

It's better if your stories aren't fabricated...

Scots and the rest of the world are constantly bombarded with English propoganda aye? What a load of nonsense. Unless the rest of the world watches English t.v which is their own fault, Scotland are subjected to the English media because guess what, you watch and listen to the English media, fuck off and watch BBC ALBA?

The idea that the English media tell us all England are going to win it is total shite as well. As far back as Italia 90 I can remember them doing the team and staff down in the run up to the tournament and nothing has changed.

It seems the bitter Scotsman likes to create a few myths to justify his ways.

:lol: :lol:

It's better if your stories aren't fabricated...

so bernadette, you know for a fact that this is fabricated, do you?

:lol:

you actually believe that it is beyond the realm of possiblity that there's an english dude out there who actually believes that his team will be in the finals and that someone would have to make up such a story :lol:

what a fucking joke it is to read that you, a fucking tosser who gets his jollies off by attacking a burd who is providing some fun and entertainment for fellow bears in difficult times, have the fucking temerity to question the ethics of someone else. :lol:

listen you useless fuckhead you're not worth the time of fuckin day.

however, you have my sympathy - you're just a pathetic wee cunt who is the laughing stock on the board for your cowardly attacks on a burd - attacks that clearly illustrate a sexual deviancy most probably rooted in a four inch dick.

i guess, though, considering all the fabrication necessary to increase the size of such a mini dick, your psychological problem of projection is an understandable one.

so you think i made up a story that there's a limey out there assuming his team will be in the final?

it is the truth, wanker, - a trait which is the antithesis of a lowlife like yourself.

this might help:

http://www.amazon.com/Extender-Enlargement-streching-device-results/dp/B004J70H4Y

Every countries media is exactly the same. You might be aware of this if you had ever left the scheme.

I'm English and pretty patriotic mate , I've been to the last two world cups and I'm genuinely suprised by the attitude of the bloke you described as everyone I associate with has been so down/negative during the build up and into this tournament summed up I suppose by the almost a total absence of flags on cars across the country . If he's thinking about "who we'll play on the final" I imagine rather than being typical English he's just a bit of a knobhead, There is a thread of arrogance amongst most nations about their sporting heroes but certainly in this particular tournament from an England point of view it seems noticeable by its almost complete absence.

Every countries media is exactly the same. You might be aware of this if you had ever left the scheme.

every country's media is exactly the same?

oh, really?

can you cite a media in any country that is comparable to the incessant vitriolic attacks that Rangers have endured and continue to endure in the last months?... thought not.

now, china, like your pal, devlin, you're in fucking fairytale land with your inferences!

i am currently living in the west coast of Canada in a home worth in excess of 700,000 dollars, planning a business trip to Japan which, when concluded, i will travel to my property in Nicaragua, and not, as you suggest, to a housing scheme.

however, and more to the fucking point, your disparaging inference regarding individuals living in schemes is, ironically for you, a prime fucking example of the supercilious conceit associated worldwide with the english.

i was brought up in a tenement in glasgow, a notch lower than the 'scheme' you put down.

now, while that community had its many faults, being a fuckin big head was not one of them - because such a trait was knocked out of you before you reached the age of five.

the fact that the scots have always had the propensity to put english snots in their fucking place accounts for the bitter attacks by the english that we scots have to put up with.

I'm English and pretty patriotic mate , I've been to the last two world cups and I'm genuinely suprised by the attitude of the bloke you described as everyone I associate with has been so down/negative during the build up and into this tournament summed up I suppose by the almost a total absence of flags on cars across the country . If he's thinking about "who we'll play on the final" I imagine rather than being typical English he's just a bit of a knobhead, There is a thread of arrogance amongst most nations about their sporting heroes but certainly in this particular tournament from an England point of view it seems noticeable by its almost complete absence.

i'm afraid my mate is not the exception.

just have a wander down to any expat pub during a game.

many nations are not, in fact, arrogant about their football team.

many are self deprecating - and i think scotland (when we are not around the english) fall into this category.

countries have generic reputations, associations and national identities.

we scots are associated with being 'cheap' - which is, of course, a diabolical outrageous fucking lie!

the gerries are known as arrogant cunts with no sense of humour - which is true.

and the scum are known worldwide for their paedophelia - which is true.

and the english, whether you like not, are identified worldwide as fucking snobs - which is also true.

don't worry, though, i wont bring it up when we're in the pub having a pint with our blue scarves on .

but ..emm... you've got the first round, eh? and the tip, of course! ;)

i'm afraid my mate is not the exception.

just have a wander down to any expat pub during a game.

many nations are not, in fact, arrogant about their football team.

many are self deprecating - and i think scotland (when we are not around the english) fall into this category.

countries have generic reputations, associations and national identities.

we scots are associated with being 'cheap' - which is, of course, a diabolical outrageous fucking lie!

the gerries are known as arrogant cunts with no sense of humour - which is true.

and the scum are known worldwide for their paedophelia - which is true.

and the english, whether you like not, is identified worldwide as fucking snobs - which is also true.

don't worry, though, i wont bring it up when we're in the pub having a pint with our blue scarves on .

but ..emm... you've got the first round, eh? and the tip, of course! ;)

I find the English and Brits are generally classed as thugs :uk:

every country's media is exactly the same?

oh, really?

can you cite a media in any country that is comparable to the incessant vitriolic attacks that Rangers have endured and continue to endure in the last months?... thought not.

now, china, like your pal, devlin, you're in fucking fairytale land with your inferences!

i am currently living in the west coast of Canada in a home worth in excess of 700,000 dollars, planning a business trip to Japan which, when concluded, i will travel to my property in Nicaragua, and not, as you suggest, to a housing scheme.

however, and more to the fucking point, your disparaging inference regarding individuals living in schemes is, ironically for you, a prime fucking example of the supercilious conceit associated worldwide with the english.

i was brought up in a tenement in glasgow, a notch lower than the 'scheme' you put down.

now, while that community had its many faults, being a fuckin big head was not one of them - because such a trait was knocked out of you before you reached the age of five.

the fact that the scots have always had the propensity to put english snots in their fucking place accounts for the bitter attacks by the english that we scots have to put up with.

Have you seriously just informed me how much your home is worth? Goodness!

"the fact that the scots have always had the propensity to put english snots in their fucking place accounts for the bitter attacks by the english that we scots have to put up with2

We don't though do we? English people really do not launch bitter attacks on Scots. Stop being silly.

emm...read the fucking title of your thread, china!

It's called the bitter Scotsman. It refers to a certain type of Scottish person being bitter towards the English, clearly.

Sorry? I'm not chinese?? Do you think I'm someone else, Tunisia?

Speaking as a Scot, the Scottish fans who set themselves up to be anti-English as their main form of identify are like the Aberdeen fans who think they have a rivalry with Rangers. The other side don't care, trust me, I live here, they don't care... not even a little bit, not even slightly.

Someone on the board owns a 700k house wow!!

Remember thats Canadian dollars.

Maybe we should all post the value of our homes.........cause that is something you would share on a football forum.

Speaking as a Scot, the Scottish fans who set themselves up to be anti-English as their main form of identify are like the Aberdeen fans who think they have a rivalry with Rangers. The other side don't care, trust me, I live here, they don't care... not even a little bit, not even slightly.

That is the point I have been making but the tarten army much like celtic fans like to portray themselves as hard done by and put upon by a big bad oppressor.

It's called the bitter Scotsman. It refers to a certain type of Scottish person being bitter towards the English, clearly.

Sorry? I'm not chinese?? Do you think I'm someone else, Tunisia?

were you informed, you would know that the term 'china' is a glaswegian term equivalent to the usage of 'mate' in england - some also believe that there is a slight 'wanker' connotation attached to it.

once again you have illustrated your extraordinary capacity for not letting your ignorance interfere with your opinions.

and as far as our 'bitter scotsman' debate is concerned: i hope you have brought in the 'chinese' comment as subterfuge for the obvious catch-22 you found yourself in, rather than not having the facility to recognize it.

perhaps a pint of bitter would help, or is that too heavy for you?

Remember thats Canadian dollars.

Maybe we should all post the value of our homes.........cause that is something you would share on a football forum.

and who the fuck posted the value of their own home?

looks like you walked head on into a fucking door again.

iz yerr heid no sore yit, china?

read the fucking post!