Can/should we lock out guests, temporarily?

Should we lock out guests, temporarily?  

212 members have voted

1. 1. Should we lock out guests, temporarily?

• Yes
    • No

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Im of the opinion that not as many guests are taigs as people think. I was a guest for many months before i took the plunge and joined and i still sumtimes lurk if i want to catch up quick without signing in. Alot of bears are guests, we probably got just as many taigs with accounts as lurk, sadly.

I agree with this (tu)

Its just a hunch...but I think one of the unwashed is on the loose. Quick, catch him before he reaches the children!

You wonder how long the sad bastard has had that on a word doc ready to post (in the event of our newco) in every thread he can. I have never got annoyed when the dark side posted here in the past but this normally mild mannered older bear will not put up with their shite at the moment. Get the cunt banned.

I'm kinda in two minds over this,there will be plenty of bheasts,trousers round their ankles reading this with a picture of next doors kid taped to the corner of the screen,but their will also be bears like myself,a former lurker who finally took the plunge and joined,tis a tricky one indeed

Charleschaplin just proved our point.

Displaying the typical tim intelligence ie none, he has helped the case for shutting him and his fellow bogtrotters out.

Not the sharpest tool in the box, but a tool nonetheless. :lol:

I imagine his fellow kiddy fiddlers on the net will be hitting him with their E-hats at the moment.

So let me get this straight....there is a suggestion that a New Co means that all of your history is wiped.

That means that the new C*ltic entity in 1994 lost all of its history too. Right, so the 1967 European Cup is gone then? Ohhhh no no no, I hear the mhanks cry, the history was retained due to the circumstances of Pacific Shelf Fuckers Co coming in to being.

So, your history was retained notwithstanding the 1994 company change?

OK then, so the history of the C*ltic Boys Club child abuse scandal was retained too?

I thought so...

no way. this is a free forum - its what makes it different to a lot of other football forums.

to lock out guests will stop a lot of people joining up, the majority of which will be fellow bears. yes the odd tim gets in but thats why there's a large team of admins and mods helping to keep this place clean.

people ask for guests/new members to be banned every time there is a big story, but it won't help anyone - especially RM.

How do Bears know whether they want to join up or not if they can't see what the forum's like?

Ban the tims when they out themselves but leave guests free to have a look is my opinion

This. Besides, more guests means more hits and as a result more revenue for the site (as is my understanding) so let them come and spy.

Apart from assuming that the guests are all ill-meaning outsiders, remember that this is a time when a lot of genuine Rangers fans, who don't do the online forum thing will be hungry for information.

Agree, was on here a while before I registered. There will be alot like me who started to come on here for news instead of the BBC site.