JJB, Azure Catering

Dennis

laugh.gif Unusual for an old fella eh!? craphead2.gif

And not a blue pill in sight.........that's waht happens when you have a 35 yr old beside you ..........................now what was that Beatles song again.....................when I get older ..............:uk:

see that is what separates us from them..........we can still chuckle through a crises that is why they will never have the upper hand.

I was wondering about the JJB contract yesterday -

if ripped up, then it would be difficult for a newco to start putting the investment and infrastructure in place to enable the club to start flogging our own merchandise again.

Alternatively, if the contract was up for re-negotiation, I doubt JJB or another company would offer anything similar to what we have at present, certainly not in today's climate.

Far more important than jerseys and burgers is that G4S are owed £395,000. What if thy say they won't contract to a newco unless they get paid what they're owed from the oldco?

Are there other companies out there who could do the work? Remember that Rock Steady are no more.

Far more important than jerseys and burgers is that G4S are owed £395,000. What if thy say they won't contract to a newco unless they get paid what they're owed from the oldco?

Are there other companies out there who could do the work? Remember that Rock Steady are no more.

Employ our own jobs for bears

I don't think G4S would have any legal right to claim any monies due by the oldco from the newco. They have the right to refuse the work from the newco, which makes your point a very valid one.

I'm sure there are other companies who have been shafted - that might not be too keen to work with the newco, without insisting on certain assurances or obligations being put in place first.

Employ our own jobs for bears

A forward-thinking owner would factor in such contingencies and possibly start up a security firm within the organisation.

As long as he (they) gave me the job of interviewing prospective employees. :rolleyes:

INTERVIEW

CB: "Hi, thanks for coming along today. This won't take long as I have your CV in front of me. Now then.....what school did you go to?" :sherlock:

If we could get rid of JJB and eventually start having the Rangers stores again, that would be brilliant, we would get the money ourselves.

And where is all the money going to come from to open up these stores, pay for stock, staff, rates and all other associated costs ???

Said it all along this is a massive opportunity to make our own money while giving jobs to bears....we went into administration and had nowhere to spend money to help the club directly....at least we will have revenue and cash flow opportunities again.

i personally hated the JJB deal. with living in england, it was very hard to find a JJB store with ANY Rangers merchandise in stock. most of my purchases were made online or from a few visits back to Glasgow. i know if it goes back to Rangers stores, i doubt they'd open one in Barnsley lol but some kind of deal where shops in the WHOLE of the UK would stock Rangers stuff ( even if its just Tops & other small pieces of merchandise )

Also, how does the newco affect the deal with Umbro? in my opinion, a team of our stature should be kitted out by either nike or adidas