Daily Record Reporter sneaked in to redundancy meeting today

Adoniram

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Only a bank can forcefully liquidate you.

The club as has been stated will transfer all staff to a newco by TUPE. Once done then old company will be liquidated.

The club will remain in its full eternity and will continue as Rangers FC.

Might be a daft question but why hold a meeting wouldn't all staff just transfer over to newco?

Ive been involved with TUPE before. Ok, not in football, but feel informed enough to comment on it. TUPE protects workers in transferring to a new company. But im sure, whenever ive been involved with it, its been IF they want to transfer.

Obviously if the employee doesnt want to transfer he/she is out of a job. But for a footballer thats a different matter. It means no transfer fee, a bigger signing on fee, more wages.

The good thing for us it that, we have alot of bluenoses in our team, but even at that, i fear the worst.

The name John Ferguson has been quoted as reporter, just a rumour

Googled John Ferguson of the daily record and on 2nd page I found something trivial.

A comment on celticfanzone.net mentioned on 23.2.10 ,when Shagger appeared to be attacked in Bath St,that night JOHN FERGUSON was at Cillian Sheridan's birthday party.

So he's in the other camp.

Googled John Ferguson of the daily record and on 2nd page I found something trivial.

A comment on celticfanzone.net mentioned on 23.2.10 ,when Shagger appeared to be attacked in Bath St,that night JOHN FERGUSON was at Cillian Sheridan's birthday party.

So he's in the other camp.

Cheerz mate, this will be used (tu)

I must of missed that press release that Rangers HAD been liquidated.

Yeah, fair enough, I'm premature. If/when we go into liquidation though this is what will happen, the newco transfer wheeze won't stand up in court if challenged.

We are still in administration. We haven't been put in to liquidation, yet. The assets and staff will be transferred to the NewCo before liquidation as per the contract betweenD&P and Green.

That is my understanding of the situation.

Fair cop, see my post above.

No. We're in liquidation so TUPE doesn't apply. If we were in administration it would apply but not liquidation. All employees will be entitled to redundancy payments from the government based on their length of service although these are capped.

The 'newco' can offer all of them jobs but they don't have to accept them.

I don't know your motivation for peddling such shite but please don't.

I really should write a TUPE thread so that nobody can be so easily misled by tripe like this.

Ive been involved with TUPE before. Ok, not in football, but feel informed enough to comment on it. TUPE protects workers in transferring to a new company. But im sure, whenever ive been involved with it, its been IF they want to transfer.

Obviously if the employee doesnt want to transfer he/she is out of a job. But for a footballer thats a different matter. It means no transfer fee, a bigger signing on fee, more wages.

The good thing for us it that, we have alot of bluenoses in our team, but even at that, i fear the worst.

I too have been involved in TUPE transfer, length of service and terms and conditions all preserved and yes there is an option to say no if u wish to stay with the company you already work for. So that should be the case for all non-playing staff. Regarding the players, I dont know enough to comment but I guess they have SFA / UEFA / FIFA regulations that have to be applied too and this may be the reason why Wishart says they can walk.

I too have been involved in TUPE transfer, length of service and terms and conditions all preserved and yes there is an option to say no if u wish to stay with the company you already work for. So that should be the case for all non-playing staff. Regarding the players, I dont know enough to comment but I guess they have SFA / UEFA / FIFA regulations that have to be applied too and this may be the reason why Wishart says they can walk.

Anyone can refuse to transfer as long as they declare so prior to the date of transfer. This removes any normal employee rights and effectively acts as a resignation.

It is perhaps Charles green's position that a player cannot resign outwith their contractual terms however I should be absolutely clear about this - you can't pick and choose which parts of TUPE to apply and which to ignore.

Therefore if Green wishes to TUPE transfer the players to newco then he must accept every single aspect of the TUPE regulations - which includes employee rights to refuse to transfer.

Let me repeat - you cannot pick and choose with TUPE. It either applies or it does not. If it does, every single part of it applies. There are NO TUPE hybrids.

I don't know your motivation for peddling such shite but please don't.

I really should write a TUPE thread so that nobody can be so easily misled by tripe like this.

Yes, maybe you should. Or, you know, you could just continue to criticise others.

There are special rules in the Transfer of Undertakings (Protection of Employment) Regulations 2006 (TUPE) dealing with the transfer of an insolvent business, to assist the rescue of failing businesses. The rules apply in two distinct ways. Where the insolvency is not with a view to liquidation of assets, there is a narrow exception to the normal TUPE rules, such that the transferee does not pick up all of the liabilities that would otherwise transfer, and there is greater scope to change terms and conditions. However, there is a much fuller exception where the insolvency proceedings have been instituted with a view to the liquidation of the assets. In such circumstances, there is no transfer of employees, nor any special unfair dismissal protection (the TUPE exemption), although other TUPE obligations, including the duty to inform and consult, continue to apply.

I don't like to but if you peddle shite and panic others then I'll tell you. It's not a time for just making shit up and passing it off as something u know about.

Oh, don't be bashful, go on, a long post explaining the finer points of employment law, and from an expert too, think of the rep you'll get!! I'll rush to the cliff and stop all those people I panicked from doing anything silly.

Oh, don't be bashful, go on, a long post explaining the finer points of employment law, and from an expert too, think of the rep you'll get!! I'll rush to the cliff and stop all those people I panicked from doing anything silly.

Look at the number of posts I've made since 2006. Do I look like an attention seeking, rep hunting kind of poster? No.

Just don't post pish and pass it off as fact mate. It's not helpful.

Look at the number of posts I've made since 2006. Do I look like an attention seeking, rep hunting kind of poster? No.

Just don't post pish and pass it off as fact mate. It's not helpful.

Okay, I'll leave you to post the pish from now on then. Happy now?