Can't Rangers apply to join England

Gers1690

425 members have voted

1. 1. For or Against Rangers joining English football league if possible

I'm English, and I love Scottish football more than English football, but in the current climate Rangers are in, would it be at all possible to join the English football league, particularly now that we're out of Europe for 3years anyway?

I know a lot of Rangers fans are against such a move, but I think it would be good... a great punishment to the SFA and lets see how long it takes for them to crumble and others to attempt to get into the English football league.

We've got Welsh teams playing in England and an English team playing in Scotland. So why not?

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They made it quite clear they don't want us either.

Why would they not want a club who have 40,000+ fans every week at home and large away following? It would be a blessing and make economic sense for any football league - just like it was a blessing for the Football League when Leeds were relegated.

the FA have stated time and time again that they will NOT entertain an application from a Scottish club as long as the SFA is in place. Yes there are Welsh clubs in the FA however their membership predates the formation of the WFA. England is NOT an option, I voted yes because the question was IF possible the unfortunate side is it is NOT possible.

I'd like to see it if it was possible but every league in england has already said they wouldn't take us.

Though the confrence contradicted that by saying we would have to pay a lot of money to get in.

I'm also not 100% that the football league only wouldn't only take us while we were still under the SFA,so maybe there is a small chance of it happening.

Here's hoping.

The english never made it clear they didn't want us. The premier league said no because they would have to vote us in, that means club would lose their place. The football league said whilst we were members of another fa it wasn't possible. Soon we wont be members...

aslong as the sfa are in place correct? so why not resign from scottish football?? we'd be a free club with no governing body looking for a league to play in with a following of millions worldwide, theres no way english fa would say no

The english never made it clear they didn't want us. The premier league said no because they would have to vote us in, that means club would lose their place. The football league said whilst we were members of another fa it wasn't possible. Soon we wont be members...

They've said they don't want the Old Firm - by that they mean Celtic. Why would we want thousands of unwashed fans waving an Irish flag in England singing offensive pro-IRA songs and chanting anti-Queen bile? The scum will never be welcome - but Rangers would be, especially under a newco I believe.

Exactly what goat says, if we're no longer members of the SFA/SPL then we can apply anywhere we like and there are no red tape issues involved. The biggest problem is, where we would fit into the pyramid really.

They've said they don't want the Old Firm - by that they mean Celtic. Why would we want thousands of unwashed fans waving an Irish flag in England singing offensive pro-IRA songs and chanting anti-Queen bile? The scum will never be welcome - but Rangers would be, especially under a newco I believe.

The English leagues have never said they don't want the Old Firm.

Exactly what goat says, if we're no longer members of the SFA/SPL then we can apply anywhere we like and there are no red tape issues involved. The biggest problem is, where we would fit into the pyramid really.

If only Portsmouth went bust :(

The English leagues have never said they don't want the Old Firm.

this.

i think im right in saying the premiership have said they do want want to accept us direct into the premiership but at no point were the football leagues ruled out.

it's a myth that england don't want us.

There is no way in hell we could ever walk right into the premiership - perhaps that is where the myth has came from.

the EFL chairman recently stated that it would be a vote amongst it's members if Rangers could join the EFL (which starts at league 2).

The terms of such a vote are unclear however, how much of a majority do we need for instance, and is at all the EFL members (from league 2 right up to the championship) or is it just the league 2 teams? And are the willing to make the league bigger to accomodate Rangers?

Given the financial boost we woudl provide to the smaller teams in league 2 who play in front of crowds of about 2k each week, we'd have a chance of winnign a vote.

applying to the league is another story though. Does renegading on Scottish football meet a required business plan of Greens consortium? If we lose a vote, do we go back to the SFL with our tail between our legs?

1339603149' post='1060115865']

it's a myth that england don't want us.

There is no way in hell we could ever walk right into the premiership - perhaps that is where the myth has came from.

the EFL chairman recently stated that it would be a vote amongst it's members if Rangers could join the EFL (which starts at league 2).

The terms of such a vote are unclear however, how much of a majority do we need for instance, and is at all the EFL members (from league 2 right up to the championship) or is it just the league 2 teams? And are the willing to make the league bigger to accomodate Rangers?

Given the financial boost we woudl provide to the smaller teams in league 2 who play in front of crowds of about 2k each week, we'd have a chance of winnign a vote.

applying to the league is another story though. Does renegading on Scottish football meet a required business plan of Greens consortium? If we lose a vote, do we go back to the SFL with our tail between our legs?

Some great points in here but the financial benefit wouldn't be huge as they only gain the higher attendance once as there is only home and away, different from the ridiculous set up that we have.

Is UEFA's main objection, not that cross border moves can't happen as long as the team has a viable league to play in. If we are refused the SPL share or the sanctions they put on us are unreasonable ensuring that we are not able to mount a realistic challenge for the league and have to apply to the SFL (who also seem to be flexing their muscles or enjoying their 15 minutes of fame.) it could be argued that we are not been allowed to particate and the sporting integrity is not being adhered to.

Some great points in here but the financial benefit wouldn't be huge as they only gain the higher attendance once as there is only home and away, different from the ridiculous set up that we have.

i disagree, i think the financial benefit would be greater than you think.

you need to look at it from the point of view of; What is the yearly, or seasonal revenue of torquay united? What would there chairman think in weighing up postives/negatives of Rangers being in their league?

The players, chairmen, board members & fans all sit in anticipation of League & FA cup draws, hoping to catch a big team like Arsenal or Manchester United. Why? Because the full house they get in the stadium, plus the TV rights, plus the sponsors they will attract even for the 1 game, plus merchadise they can sell, will give them by far the biggest pay day of the year (or had in years).

People underestimate a sold out stadium, 40k attendance is something of a norm for us. But if you take a Manny Pacquiao or Floyd Mayweather fight for instance, they aren't even selling out the MGM grand which i think is about 12k, and these are the biggest names in the sport since Tyson. american boxing fans were amazed at Froch selling out Nottingham forrest stadium recently vs bute & are taken aback so many tickets have sold in upton Park for Haye-Chisora. A crowd of 12k+ is a HUGE event, that puts money in pockets. For these teams to have a packed out stadium once per season + a trip to play in front of 40k at ibrox is a huge incentive. What cons does it have? Well maybe the top teams looking for promotion may feel it's unfair and think that having a better chance of promotion outweights the financial benefits, but the majority are more realistic, would certainly take the money, and greater exposure on the league.

Is this the 300th time this has been raised now? Can't happen as UEFA won't sanction it and there is no history of this h*ppening before. You also need the permissuion of the SFA and FA before you approach UEFA, I think we all know how the SFA wull vote!

Is this the 300th time this has been raised now? Can't happen as UEFA won't sanction it and there is no history of this h*ppening before. You also need the permissuion of the SFA and FA before you approach UEFA, I think we all know how the SFA wull vote!