Can't Rangers apply to join England

Gers1690

425 members have voted

1. 1. For or Against Rangers joining English football league if possible

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't we have Austrian teams in Germany.

Swiss teams in Austria.

Canadian sides in the US

British sides in Ireland.

Welsh sides in England and

An English side in Scotland.

No harm in asking...if they say no what have we lost.

I would rather play in England than give any of these back stabbing bastards up here my cash.

source or shutup.

Earlier this year president of the FA stated that they would not entertain an application from a Scottish Club out of respect for the SFA. And think about it for a second, if Rangers were allowed to compete in the EFL, it would be anarchy across various football associations.

Earlier this year president of the FA stated that they would not entertain an application from a Scottish Club out of respect for the SFA. And think about it for a second, if Rangers were allowed to compete in the EFL, it would be anarchy across various football associations.

But we're a new company who aren't in the SFA's guidlines until we apply to get in.We have to apply to the SPL first then the SFL if knocked back and if they agree we apply to the SFA.

Right now we can play for any league in the British isles as long as they agree...

Guest KarlG45

...and in response to the thread title...stop asking double negatives :)

Would that not be 'can't rangers not apply to join England' ?

:sherlock::)

The players, chairmen, board members & fans all sit in anticipation of League & FA cup draws, hoping to catch a big team like Arsenal or Manchester United. Why? Because the full house they get in the stadium, plus the TV rights, plus the sponsors they will attract even for the 1 game, plus merchadise they can sell, will give them by far the biggest pay day of the year (or had in years).

The TV rights are the big thing and they would not get that for a 3rd division game. Also I suspect that Torquay United (for example) would not sell out just because we were playing them. We are not as big down there. Hell, it doesn't even sell out at most SPL games where we are a powerhouse.

I think now that we are going down the new co route, and out of Europe for 3 years, it would be stupid not to at least try to get in.

This is the once in a generation opportunity, if it don't work so be it, but at least try.

10 years from now we could be mixing it with Europe's best in terms of talent and income!

As far as I am aware the SPL / SFA wrote to the FA essentially saying not to entertain the idea out of respect for a fellow FA.

Essentially they are trying to screw us whilst limiting our lifelines. Vindictive is an understatement.

Can't they done for trying to limit a new companies options even before they have started trading..There must be laws against this vindictive behaviour.It's bullying

Should we move to England? YES! obviously, we dont get a fair deal in Scotland- been that way for years. I'd much rather see us down there without the bias and the parochial shite we put up with in Scotland. The English would love to have us: our loyalty to the crown would be an inspiration for many other supporters. And we bring a lot to the table: we are one of the biggest clubs in the world.

HOWEVER, we should stand firm on where we belong: at the top! I honestly worry when I think about the prospect of mixing with the like of Torquay United. FFS how many fans do they have apart from the Major :craphead:

Our place is in the Premiership not League 2, and the talk of going in to the Conference, or even lower??? doh. We have bigger fish to fry!

you hypocritical jocks dont fool us english.loyal to the queen,who gives a fuck.after the scots led labour government,the last thing we want to do is help anymore free loading jocks.any how were will you play your home matches,they'll be selling ibrox any time now.so grow a pair and vote for independence,then at least you'll fuck celtics chances up of joining english football.seriously though,give up football.you're crap at it....take up the scottish national sport instead....which is.....TOSSING.......ENGLAND FOREVER Britain NEVER.....

you hypocritical jocks dont fool us english.loyal to the queen,who gives a fuck.after the scots led labour government,the last thing we want to do is help anymore free loading jocks.any how were will you play your home matches,they'll be selling ibrox any time now.so grow a pair and vote for independence,then at least you'll fuck celtics chances up of joining english football.seriously though,give up football.you're crap at it....take up the scottish national sport instead....which is.....TOSSING.......ENGLAND FOREVER Britain NEVER.....

127 grammatical errors. You're a fucking genius. The curious thing is that you registered in November 2011. Have you really been lurking on this site for eight months ya fucking weirdo?

Morris, get dancing. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Derry city moved leagues in the 1980s to the league of ireland. So a precedent has (kinda) been set. Although the move was more for political reasons. It is possible to move if the governing thinks there is due cause.

Posted this in the other thread

"Gretna played in england in the 90's, they even played bolton in the fa cup in 93, why don't we join the english pyramid system.

Might be 10 years of shit but after that it's a lifetime of being in with the bigboys"

• 3 months later...

I voted against.....because it will NEVER happen

I would love it to happen....BUT IT JUST WONT.

I will lay any bet that in the next 50 years we will NOT be in an ENGLISH league.

I really do wish people will try to stay in reality....just a wee bit.

Why did you bump a thread from ages ago to go on a rant?

Just why?

I voted against.....because it will NEVER happen

I would love it to happen....BUT IT JUST WONT.

I will lay any bet that in the next 50 years we will NOT be in an ENGLISH league.

I really do wish people will try to stay in reality....just a wee bit.

if you're going to bump a thread from ages ago you might as well add substance to it.

right now, more than ever, it would look like we're considering england. with CG saying rangers will never join the SPL with the current people in charge...

it's unlikely, but what argument do you pose?