Liquidation reprieve

bluechip

Surely we can have the finality of this decision on Thursday deferred or postponed. It seems to me that Charles Green (Duff and Phelps choice) and Duff and Phelps(Whyte's choice) couldn't wait to go down the liquidation route. This all seems to be fitting together like a massive horror jigsaw, don't you think?

I am begging you guys out there who are Rangers supporters and hold financial clout or sway, please ,please, help stop our crown jewels of Ibrox Stadium, Murray Park and the Albion car park (£100M) being sold for a paltry £5.5 Million. Supporters associations, fans groups, supporters(wealthy), supporters like me (not wealthy), clergy, politicians and anybody else who loves this great institution, HELP.

THIS IS BLOODY SERIOUS. WHY SHOULD WE HAVE TO ACCEPT A NEWCO? HAS EVERY SINGLE AVENUE BEEN EXPLORED? NO.

HAS EVERY SHYSTER IN THIS WHOLE SORDID PROCESS BEEN INVESTIGATED? NO.

WHY ARE WE JUST LYING DOWN AND ACCEPTING THIS?

TOGETHER WE CAN RAISE THE MONEY REQUIRED TO RESCUE OUR CLUB AS IT IS, PAY EVERYBODY WE OWE AND RETAIN OUR HONOUR.

WE NEED A LEADER TO TELL THE ADMINISTRATORS AND CHARLES GREEN (unless he offers a decent pence in the pound CVA) TO F**K OFF.

STEP UP WALTER SMITH. WATP.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Lot of pish.

No one with any business sense would really want to invest in Scottish football, particularly a club with potentially hundreds of millions worth of debt.

We must accept it as there is now no alternative, we have been in administration for months and had one attempt at a CVA - it was rejected.

Blue Knights, Ng, Miller - all decided we weren't worth investing or didn't have enough money.

Charles Green at least attempted a CVA - it didn't work and now we must liquidate. It will allow us to retain out players, stadium, training ground, history and most importantly will make us debt free and a slightly more attractive investment option.

The is FUCK ALL we can do about it. It has already happened, Walter Smith can't stop it, the Blue Knights can't stop it and a post in capital letters on a forum can't stop it.

I agree with the OP. We can still stop it. We have rested on our arses whilst all this pish going on around us. We do have the ability to stop it.

I also agree with the OP and people bitching about large caps and shouting is just pathetic. HMRC gave us a lifeline and most surrendered on tuesday. I appealed on this forum to SJ and the OP has appealed to WS or any money men.

hmm don't know what to think of OP...

My Father took me to see my first Rangers game in the winter of 1969 it was against Airdrieonians. I have loved this club through thick and thin ever since. I am 55 years of age. I used to have a season ticket in the Govan Rear and was also a member of the Gourock Rangers Supporters Club. I don't get along that often now, although I was at the last three home games of the season and the Legends game. Is that enough information for you?

Surely we can have the finality of this decision on Thursday deferred or postponed. It seems to me that Charles Green (Duff and Phelps choice) and Duff and Phelps(Whyte's choice) couldn't wait to go down the liquidation route. This all seems to be fitting together like a massive horror jigsaw, don't you think?

I am begging you guys out there who are Rangers supporters and hold financial clout or sway, please ,please, help stop our crown jewels of Ibrox Stadium, Murray Park and the Albion car park (£100M) being sold for a paltry £5.5 Million. Supporters associations, fans groups, supporters(wealthy), supporters like me (not wealthy), clergy, politicians and anybody else who loves this great institution, HELP.

THIS IS BLOODY SERIOUS. WHY SHOULD WE HAVE TO ACCEPT A NEWCO? HAS EVERY SINGLE AVENUE BEEN EXPLORED? NO.

TOGETHER WE CAN RAISE THE MONEY REQUIRED TO RESCUE OUR CLUB AS IT IS, PAY EVERYBODY WE OWE AND RETAIN OUR HONOUR.

WE NEED A LEADER TO TELL THE ADMINISTRATORS AND CHARLES GREEN (unless he offers a decent pence in the pound CVA) TO F**K OFF.

Unfortunately the only way to stop liquidation would be to pay off the creditors in full, and buy a certificate of tax deposit for the disputed big tax case money. That would probably work out more than £100m.

The other thing is that the assets would only be worth that if they were sold off to be used as something else other than a football club. Not really what we want. As football club assets, they are only worth what they generate in profit, which is bugger all.

Lot of pish.

No one with any business sense would really want to invest in Scottish football, particularly a club with potentially hundreds of millions worth of debt.

We must accept it as there is now no alternative, we have been in administration for months and had one attempt at a CVA - it was rejected.

Blue Knights, Ng, Miller - all decided we weren't worth investing or didn't have enough money.

Charles Green at least attempted a CVA - it didn't work and now we must liquidate. It will allow us to retain out players, stadium, training ground, history and most importantly will make us debt free and a slightly more attractive investment option.

The is FUCK ALL we can do about it. It has already happened, Walter Smith can't stop it, the Blue Knights can't stop it and a post in capital letters on a forum can't stop it.

That's your opinion. My opinion is different. If every Rangers fan round the globe put in some money we could blow away this debt and have plenty left over. If we had a leader of men galvinising the support things would have been very different. Because your opinion is different , I will not stoop to your level and decry it. See apology to debear about caps lock.

So what can be done in your opinion to stop this?

If i knew Sprotson believe me I would have suggested something before now. I have tried the SNP, Labour (mistake) and the Conservatives, no help from that angle. I just feel if we could get this delayed we might be able to figure a plan B.

To all those who are upset by the over use of caps lock, my apologies. I have replied to a couple of guys to explain I am new to this game. Future posts will not include lots of shouting.

1339606094' post='1060116002']

I disagree it was the amount we offered taking into consideration on what we owed, it's in black and white.

You are quite correct, they said that it was not a refllecton on Greens consortium and the rest of the HRMC statement explains what they are hoping to achieve by not accepting the CVA.

That's your opinion. My opinion is different. If every Rangers fan round the globe put in some money we could blow away this debt and have plenty left over. If we had a leader of men galvinising the support things would have been very different. Because your opinion is different , I will not stoop to your level and decry it. See apology to debear about caps lock.

It's not about what I want differing from what you want. I'd have loved someone to save us from liquidation. Or for the fans to buy the club out. Or for Walter Smith to lead a millionaires consortium - but the sad fact is that it is not going to happen.

We have been here for months, with no backing for political parties, wealthy fans or our own football assosication. No one has stepped up to save us and no one will.

Scottish football is just not investable and everyday fans like us cannot produce the £100m required in all likelihood to meet a CVA.

I apologise for taking the piss, but this whole situation is frustrating me.

From the BBC:

Rangers: Football to continue at Ibrox say liquidators

Rangers' liquidators insist the club will continue to play at Ibrox.

Malcolm Cohen and James Stephen from financial company BDO have been appointed as Joint Liquidators.

A CVA proposal from a consortium led by Charles Green was rejected by HMRC forcing the club into liquidation.

The liquidators will seek to protect any remaining assets, maximise recoveries for the benefit of creditors, and investigate the reasons behind the failure of the company.

"It's important to understand that the appointment of liquidators will not mean the end of football at Ibrox - only the end of the company that ran the club," said Cohen.

"The liquidators will seek to protect any remaining assets, maximise recoveries for the benefit of creditors and investigate the reasons behind the failure of the company."

Administrators Duff & Phelps plan to transfer the business to a 'newco' set up by Green in the next few days.

Cohen continued: "Once this is done, BDO will determine what can be recovered from the remains of the existing company.

"It is right that there is a full and robust investigation into why the company failed, together with concerted efforts to recover monies for creditors and the taxpayer.

"This may include pursuit of possible claims against those responsible for the financial affairs of the company in previous years."

Green's consortium have continued discussions with the Scottish football authorities with the SPL holding a board meeting on Monday where issues at Rangers are expected to figure high on the agenda.

"We are still negotiating with the SFA and SPL to reach an amicable conclusion to the benefit of Scottish football," said Green.

"We need to carry on talking sensibly and get something that works for everyone."

To all those who are upset by the over use of caps lock, my apologies. I have replied to a couple of guys to explain I am new to this game. Future posts will not include lots of shouting.

I'm 5 years in front of you. You have to remember we don't know who we are talking to. Young/old/drunk/sober/happy/sad/angry/good/bad/tims/time zones etc.

Have a look at www.RangersUnite.com. I agree with you. We have the financial clout.

Apologies for the caps lock. I have not been a poster for long and I am getting on a bit. Just care for The Rangers so much.

Wot you apologising bout cap locks for. Only fucking pedantic clowns who think they are sooo clever And try to make a cunt out of someone bother

Any Rangers fan with money to 'save' the club would've come forward by now if it was possible. Why would they wait?

HMRC have made it clear in their statement yeterday that they are not going to accept anything other than a truly remarkable CVA offer. They want to go after Whyte et al to make a point. That is their aim now. They care not for Xp in the £. Time to realise that Newco is our only route left. And, importantly, that it does not in any way mean the end of Rangers. The club will be here long after RFC 1899 is gone. Don't let anybody else convince you of anything different.

So, you saying 20p in the £ wouldn't be accepted? IT WOULD HAVE