Liquidation reprieve

bluechip

Why would it have? HMRC almost never accept less than 40p in the £. They've made it clear yesterday that going after those responsible is more important than the money.

And anyway, who has the money to offer 20p in the £? And why haven't they come forward in the 4 months since we entered administration?

Think Portsmouth cva will be much less, and accepted Kev

Didn't TBK and Bill Ng deal run about 20p in the Pound

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

So, you saying 20p in the £ wouldn't be accepted? IT WOULD HAVE

No it wouldn't - hence why there is nothing we can do.

They want to go after those who cheated them, make no mistake about it. They want Whyte's head on a platter, and probably want Murray too.

Think Portsmouth cva will be much less, and accepted Kev

Didn't TBK and Bill Ng deal run about 20p in the Pound

HMRC may have no choice if their share of the debt doesn't amount to 25% of the total. The problem for Rangers is that HMRC was in a position to block the CVA.

No it wouldn't - hence why there is nothing we can do.

They want to go after those who cheated them, make no mistake about it. They want Whyte's head on a platter, and probably want Murray too.

Do you honestly believe that, they have made their statement to all Football Clubs

You know what i have had as much as i can take of this whole situation i just want it finished and us to move on one way or another! This has been a year from hell for us as supporters. Whyte needs to be hunted down and made to pay for his crimes IMO!

If the Newco situation is best for us now then so be it lets just get it done quickly so we know where we stand etc.

Well why didn't they say so way back?

HMRC almost never shows its hand. To be honest, I'm surprised this rejection was disclosed so early. HMRC usually waits until the last minute before it acts. In the previous instance at Portsmouth I think it was the final day of the "cooling off" period that HMRC launched its legal challenge to the acceptance of the CVA.

Want to stop the newco, you will need to have 100 million to pay off the debts (assuming we lose the big tax case) have another 20 million to run the club next year and the clout to force a judicial review by Friday. The administrators accepted an offer to purchase the club that had no conditions to it, the proposal to purchase included two scenario's, one 8.5 million for a CVA and if the CVA was not accepted a 5.5 million offer for assets to form a new co. With the newco all Rangers assets (stadium, training ground, players contracts, etc) are transferred to the newco. Green has a legal contract with the administrators for all this, it would take a court challenge to remove it, NOT going to happen before Friday or Monday in order to stop the liquidation and newco formation. These are the cards we have been dealt, we need to play them. I am praying Green plays them well. i.e. NOT accepting sanctions from the SPL to remain there that makes it impossible for us to win or compete in the SPL for the championship. And I dont care what ever happens if we do remain in the SPL then Rangers take ONLY 50 tickets per away game, they then have to provide extra security policing etc. And the BUT I go to every Rangers game huvnae missed wan aunywhaur in the World crowd can fight for those tickets BUT dont dare buy anything from their poxy concession areas, (well mibbe Killie pies outside the ground), lets see how the clubs going under like the sanctions they have just voted in. Believe me there are 4-5 clubs in the SPL that are not far from going into administration. Let the bassas twist on the vine.

Edit:

PS I am a year older than the OP first went to Ibrox in 1965 game against clyde, we won 6-1 and I led the Cop in chants of Easy at 5-1, was hooked for life afterwards, I did not chose Rangers, Rangers chose me, dont remember wearing the sorting hat though, just glad it was not slytherin with their Moldevort look alike manager.

You're kidding yourself on if you think the support can, or has the desire to, raise that kind of money.

That became obvious when the club was up for sale.

Your'e missing the point. I am not talking about the 50,000 that fill Ibrox every other week and the away support. I am talking about every Rangers fan worldwide. That is a massive amount of people. Another point you missed was if someone like walter Smith was the figurehead then people would trust him to take our money and do the right thing with it.

1339612262' post='1060116289']

Want to stop the newco, you will need to have 100 million to pay off the debts (assuming we lose the big tax case) have another 20 million to run the club next year and the clout to force a judicial review by Friday. The administrators accepted an offer to purchase the club that had no conditions to it, the proposal to purchase included two scenario's, one 8.5 million for a CVA and if the CVA was not accepted a 5.5 million offer for assets to form a new co. With the newco all Rangers assets (stadium, training ground, players contracts, etc) are transferred to the newco. Green has a legal contract with the administrators for all this, it would take a court challenge to remove it, NOT going to happen before Friday or Monday in order to stop the liquidation and newco formation. These are the cards we have been dealt, we need to play them. I am praying Green plays them well. i.e. NOT accepting sanctions from the SPL to remain there that makes it impossible for us to win or compete in the SPL for the championship. And I dont care what ever happens if we do remain in the SPL then Rangers take ONLY 50 tickets per away game, they then have to provide extra security policing etc. And the BUT I go to every Rangers game huvnae missed wan aunywhaur in the World crowd can fight for those tickets BUT dont dare buy anything from their poxy concession areas, (well mibbe Killie pies outside the ground), lets see how the clubs going under like the sanctions they have just voted in. Believe me there are 4-5 clubs in the SPL that are not far from going into administration. Let the bassas twist on the vine.

Edit:

PS I am a year older than the OP first went to Ibrox in 1965 game against clyde, we won 6-1 and I led the Cop in chants of Easy at 5-1, was hooked for life afterwards, I did not chose Rangers, Rangers chose me, dont remember wearing the sorting hat though, just glad it was not slytherin with their Moldevort look alike manager.

If you offer 100p in the pound, it is no longer a CVA, so you sidestep the whole process.

If you offer 100p in the pound, it is no longer a CVA, so you sidestep the whole process.

Just to put another slant on it, how come Portsmouth get assistance from their governing body and we get crucified???

Your'e missing the point. I am not talking about the 50,000 that fill Ibrox every other week and the away support. I am talking about every Rangers fan worldwide. That is a massive amount of people. Another point you missed was if someone like walter Smith was the figurehead then people would trust him to take our money and do the right thing with it.

I admire your optimism, but I can't see it ever coming close to the amount required.

Why can't we agree to pay the full amount of debt owed over the course of say 10-15 years? Would this not be better for everyone? Everyone gets the FULL money owed, we save our club and history. Sorted. Aye we may be shite for a few years but I would take that. My wife is due to have our first boy in a few weeks and the thought of not buying him a Gers top and telling him what the stars mean on it is unthinkable

Charles Green has a point. If its policy for HMRC not to accept CVA's given what has gone with our club, then they should have given that indication ages ago and Charles Green could have liquidated the club earlier, saving him money trying to put together a CVA package.

Surely we can have the finality of this decision on Thursday deferred or postponed. It seems to me that Charles Green (Duff and Phelps choice) and Duff and Phelps(Whyte's choice) couldn't wait to go down the liquidation route. This all seems to be fitting together like a massive horror jigsaw, don't you think?

I am begging you guys out there who are Rangers supporters and hold financial clout or sway, please ,please, help stop our crown jewels of Ibrox Stadium, Murray Park and the Albion car park (£100M) being sold for a paltry £5.5 Million. Supporters associations, fans groups, supporters(wealthy), supporters like me (not wealthy), clergy, politicians and anybody else who loves this great institution, HELP.

THIS IS BLOODY SERIOUS. WHY SHOULD WE HAVE TO ACCEPT A NEWCO? HAS EVERY SINGLE AVENUE BEEN EXPLORED? NO.

HAS EVERY SHYSTER IN THIS WHOLE SORDID PROCESS BEEN INVESTIGATED? NO.

WHY ARE WE JUST LYING DOWN AND ACCEPTING THIS?

TOGETHER WE CAN RAISE THE MONEY REQUIRED TO RESCUE OUR CLUB AS IT IS, PAY EVERYBODY WE OWE AND RETAIN OUR HONOUR.

WE NEED A LEADER TO TELL THE ADMINISTRATORS AND CHARLES GREEN (unless he offers a decent pence in the pound CVA) TO F**K OFF.

STEP UP WALTER SMITH. WATP.

Haha - I take it all back now mate!