Walter Smith to try and buy Rangers

Dunny_01

Sir Walter must win. The fans will not support Green while Walter is in the wings.

Do they know something we don't? Maybe Green and his consortium aren't too keen on going forward with a Newco Rangers. Afterall he did say he only wanted be there for a year, it would be hard selling a Club like Rangers with a Euro ban for another 2 years.

Talking to Green and weeks of preparation..

Nothing has been easy in this mess, but let's hope this part is.

Sidenote : Just put on SSN and 'Three Little Birds' was on an advert. It's a fucking sign :praise:

Bloody hell Greens new chairman is named then this story about Walter.................only concern is that in his statement Walter asks Green to step aside think he will be looking for a few bob to step aside after the money laid out. Well we have a battle on for real now, would be happy to see Walter back and involved in the running of the club and one wonders as to his his management team is...not meaning on the football side.

Finally somebody getting involved that we can trust the fans now need to make it 100% clear that Walter's group is who we want. The various Rangers supporters groups need to get together quickly and plan an agreed way to proceed to put as much pressure on D&P to accept Walters bid.

Statement on behalf of Walter Smith:

I can today confirm that following talks over the last few weeks I am leading a new bid for Rangers Football Club.

I have been assisted by Jim McColl, Douglas Park and other prominent Scottish businessmen with a shared objective – that Rangers Football Club should be in the hands of Rangers people who will stabilise the Club and protect it from future situations like we find ourselves in today.

With this in mind, representatives have, on behalf of my group, made representations to BDO, Duff and Phelps and indeed Charles Green, notifying them of our willingness to offer on the "Newco" basis on which Mr Green is proceeding.

We would call on Mr Green to step aside and allow us to proceed with our deal which is in the best interests of the creditors, the employees, the fans and the various other stakeholders of Rangers Football Club.

None of our group has any desire to own Rangers Football Club but we have put this deal in place to save the Club. However, our overriding objective is to ensure that the stadium, the history and everything else magical about Rangers Football Club is protected and nurtured back to good health and provide a platform for Rangers for generations to come. Let's be clear, this is an acquisition designed to stabilise the Club and ensure history does not repeat itself. We are not in this to take money out of the Club but more so to do whatever it takes in a turnaround plan to ensure within a few years the Club can be passed on intact and to the right people. The supporters should be under no illusion that it will be extremely hard but with their support we can overcome financial hardship that lies ahead by lending their support to what we feel is the correct way forward – for Rangers people who know the Club inside and out to control its destiny.

The prominent Scottish businessmen involved have agreed to provide acquisition funding to allow myself and a management team to take on Rangers Football Club and make the business self-sufficient with long term sustainability being essential.

I would hope that this offer is fully supported by everyone in the Rangers Family as without them the Club cannot and will not survive. We therefore want to ensure honesty and transparency in everything we do.

We want to rebuild Rangers Football Club and in doing so return the institution to the standards it is known for.

OMG - was it good for you to?

This PLEASE This ! It would at least put a aside the majority of the mistrust going on.

:21:

Brilliant news. Almost in tears hearing it.

No animosity towards green though. He's done nothing wrong but hopefully he does the right thing.

How appropriate there was an advert on SSN there with bob marley's don't worry bout a thing in it . :lol:

We should let our feelings be known that we want Walter leading us in a peaceful way. Green will know that with Walter and co waiting in the wings many of us will not purchase season tickets unless they own the club, so Green really has no choice but to sell after all he will be making money on the sale.

Hopefully he does the right thing, but if this saga has taught me anything it’s there are always twists and turns around the corner!

A small ray of light in what has been a tough few months. I pray that this happens. Not that I have much against green but I would love real rangers men in charge.

My biggest worry though is sweet f all has gone smoothly recently and I really can't see green stepping aside.

Even if he realises it's gonna be unpopular etc I just don't see it happening.

If Smith's bid fails and we hound green out where are we left.

Praying for smith though...what a f u c k i n g legend.