Walter Smith to try and buy Rangers

Dunny_01

The other bidders have two options.

1. Create a firestorm for Green to try and stop his completing the sale of the assets. Arguably we're seeing that this morning via a co-ordinated approach (Walter and Ally).

2. Buy the club after the fact from Green if he does complete.

I suspect '2' is more likely (if Green can raise the funds) and I expect the club to be for sale again possibly as soon as next week. An auction will suit Green and his investors.

Have you got it confirmed that Walter/TBK/King are interested in buying the club Frankie?

I've said throughout all of the previous bidders (outwith Miller) remain interested in buying the club.

The problem, for now, is the binding agreement between D&P and Green. Because of this, Walter's alleged pleas aside, D&P have refused to open up the newco bidding. I'd fancy McCoist resigning is attempt to force D&P into doing this - perhaps also via the fans forcing BDO/HMRC into a more active role in moving the assets on for a higher price than £5.5million.

I'm not convinced such a tactic will work late in the day so I believe it's more likely Green will sell after the fact - probably for around £8-10million. He and his investors double their money and the club is back in (hopefully) more suitable hands.

you could probably bet your bottom dollar that a lot more people, more than those offering a CVA, were hanging around the periphery waiting to see if liquidation was a possibility. Green stated a couple of days ago that if someone offered him his money back (the 5.5 million i think) then he would consider it - so maybe someone has. I remember Bill Ng stating that he would consider making an offer on a liquidated Rangers. I just wish this whole episode was over so we can get back to some sort of normality - i've aquired so much grey hair i'm starting to look like Paulie from the Sopranos :(

I've said throughout all of the previous bidders (outwith Miller) remain interested in buying the club.

The problem, for now, is the binding agreement between D&P and Green. Because of this, Walter's alleged pleas aside, D&P have refused to open up the newco bidding. I'd fancy McCoist resigning is attempt to force D&P into doing this - perhaps also via the fans forcing BDO/HMRC into a more active role in moving the assets on for a higher price than £5.5million.

I'm not convinced such a tactic will work late in the day so I believe it's more likely Green will sell after the fact - probably for around £8-10million. He and his investors double their money and the club is back in (hopefully) more suitable hands.

Ideal scenario for all concerned. Funny feeling this was on the agenda from day 1 and would not be least surprised if all parties were in on it!

If i fuck it up then so be it, but it was too good not to post, so i dont care

I would be minded to doubt this story from anyone rose but you have broke to many big stories to disbelieve you so I hope your right.

Also hope its not tbk that are backing this deal as well but apart from the owner what difference will it make? Will it save is from liquidation?

Ideal scenario for all concerned. Funny feeling this was on the agenda from day 1 and would not be least surprised if all parties were in on it!

You have to wonder of TBK stepped aside or put in low offers to allow someone else to try and get the CVA agreed, knowing full well it would not be.

They then step in at the last minute to buy the club and are seen as saviours.

You have to wonder of TBK stepped aside or put in low offers to allow someone else to try and get the CVA agreed, knowing full well it would not be.

They then step in at the last minute to buy the club and are seen as saviours.

Yeah, id said at the time TBK were/are only init to get buy the club for pennies as more of an ego boost for themselves than anything else and whoever does eventually takeover will have a massive club, debt free and for pennies, and will make a shed load of money from it.

I think there is more to this whole situation than we are likely to find out!

I would be minded to doubt this story from anyone rose but you have broke to many big stories to disbelieve you so I hope your right.

Also hope its not tbk that are backing this deal as well but apart from the owner what difference will it make? Will it save is from liquidation?

Not save us from Liquidation that is a reality, But maybe in EVERYONES eyes, would see us in Safe hands. I think they will go straight to BDO and Duff n Phelps and not Green, I like Green in the way he was conducting himself, but ALOT of people dont, and im also sure Green was quoted on camera on sky the other day to the words to the effect......'' if any group are going to try get in the last minute, they can speak to me and show me thier money'' etc.......

mental all this total mental

Is another bid from the blue shytes anticipated???? Did they acquire some additional cash???

The Blue Knights have plenty cash, for some reason they fucked about with fronting it up.

Not save us from Liquidation that is a reality, But maybe in EVERYONES eyes, would see us in Safe hands. I think they will go straight to BDO and Duff n Phelps and not Green, I like Green in the way he was conducting himself, but ALOT of people dont, and im also sure Green was quoted on camera on sky the other day to the words to the effect......'' if any group are going to try get in the last minute, they can speak to me and show me thier money'' etc.......

mental all this total mental

Don't know what it is about him but I trust Green he comes across very well in my opinion having said that its Sir Walter Smith who wouldn't love him as owner of our great club.

Having said that if we do end up liquidated anyway is there much point I in the event of third division football would rather a business man to take the difficult choices that lay ahead of us.

But if it is going to be Walter then more players will stay in my opinion.

Dunny

I hope your source is right - all trust the Rangers support ever had has been destroyed over the last few months.

Walter is probably the only man alive on this planet who could restore it.

Totally Right mate, Hes the only guy who could do this !! Another thing I made a suggestion a few weeks ago, the RFFF bank account is in place, he could easily ask the fans to subscribe to ''Rangers Unite'' type membership plan, its all in place and im sure as heck I would buy into Rangers and give Walter my money no doubt !!