Our attitude to wards Charles Green is a disgrace

Where the fuck have they been since Feb 14th?

All these so called Rangers men have had ample time and opportunity to save the club, they chose not to.

This. I dreamt about this scenario months ago, hoping it would materialise. Totally floored by this. Why didn't they show there hand before now.

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Green has purchased the Club with a loan, one we (the support) are expected to pay back for him.

I find it incredible, absolutely incredible, that any Rangers supporter would have a preference for some no mark Yorkshireman above Walter Smith, a son of Glasgow and a man with The Rangers written into his DNA like his father and his father's father and like most of us posting on here.

If people on here are seriously telling me that they want to see how Green works out instead of applying supporter pressure to ensure Walter Smith and team take over then stop the world because I want off.

Stick around, it gets better.

Because Green was lauded for being the only show in town Turnberry and better than oblivion...............but now we have a far better alternative, only egos and petted lips are stopping those who should know better endorsing it. Madness..........

Iv gave up reading your posts

But Fergus WAS a mhank. Green has no love for us, only for himself?

Agreed but, we need to calm down though, he did everything he said he would try

He is now the owner of "The RFC", if every man and his dog starts slagging him, a slippery slope, where we do not know where it will end ?

And is that your answer? If you don't know, just say.

Getting boring, ok i will play. Jude Allen and Mazen Houssemi were named not sure why you are obsessing about a deal which has been done and was the only option remaining because of the stance of HMRC.

I do not pretend to know Green and I am sure he is only in for a return as has been his history but as has been seen he put forward money when no one else would and frankly others professed their love of the club but did nothing.

We have no better alternative Charles Green owns the club and dosen't look like going anywhere fast. Despite how much i love Walter Smith a man i regard as the greatest Rangers man to ever live. The chance for him to take over is gone lets hope he can link up in some way but in all honesty he left it too late or the administrators where wrong to agree to a binding contract with Green whichever way you look at it dosen't matter it's time to move on and give Green his chance.

Green has purchased the Club with a loan, one we (the support) are expected to pay back for him.

I find it incredible, absolutely incredible, that any Rangers supporter would have a preference for some no mark Yorkshireman above Walter Smith, a son of Glasgow and a man with The Rangers written into his DNA like his father and his father's father and like most of us posting on here.

If people on here are seriously telling me that they want to see how Green works out instead of applying supporter pressure to ensure Walter Smith and team take over then stop the world because I want off.

What a pile of crap. So a Yorkshireman can't run Rangers but a Carmyle-born close friend of David Murray can?

Total bollox.

who are the backers for Walters consortium?

Jim McColl - how much is he willing to invest in Rangers future funding (i haven't read about this figure anywhere but he's as good as a billionaire so must be loads eh!)

Douglas Park - Where was his millions when the Blue Knights were scraping about looking for backers to fund their bids, why did his consortium have to go to Ticketus and then Brian Kennedy for ALL funding they required (TBK were not putting in penny of their own wealth to buy the club that they supposedly hold dear)

From Walters statement today "None of our group has any desire to own Rangers Football Club but we have put this deal in place to save the club" so what makes anybody think that McColl is going to throw a fortune at the club - and where does future funding come from, probably the same place as some people are slating Green for - the fans. We all love Walter and what he means to the club but now isn't the time for blinkers - we need to scrutinise his bid the same as everyone elses.

Getting boring, ok i will play. Jude Allen and Mazen Houssemi were named not sure why you are obsessing about a deal which has been done and was the only option remaining because of the stance of HMRC.

I do not pretend to know Green and I am sure he is only in for a return as has been his history but as has been seen he put forward money when no one else would and frankly others professed their love of the club but did nothing.

I'm not asking you to play, I simply asked the basis of your confidence in Charles Green if you don't know his backers?

Has he named his backers yet?

I could be wrong but I believed he has, to a certain extent

Don't get me wrong Walter and co 100%, but I will not start telling him to f*ck off, that is my point, on this thread!

What a pile of crap. So a Yorkshireman can't run Rangers but a Carmyle-born close friend of David Murray can?

Total bollox.

Who said a Yorkshireman can't run Rangers?

You have a choice, Walter Smith and his consortium of known quantities to steer the good ship Rangers through rocky waters or Charles Green.

It is entirely up to you.

I can't speak for others, but in my mind, it's not as clear cut as that.

I'd love to see Walter on board. But with Green.

I'm not in the camp of "it's Green or Smith".

I just hope between the two of them, they can come up with a workable solution.

Cracking post, this is exactly how I feel. This man deserves a chance. I do get confused when " supporters" complain about the man wanting to make money, he's not ghandi, he's a business man. I for one am extremely happy with his movements today for our club. He has done what he said. Walter smiths offer is fantastic from a fans point of view. However some dodgy tactics, 1. Didn't do the nitty gritty involved from may. 2. Smith must have known he couldn't do the CVA and liquidation was their only route, thus letting green take the heat for rangers folding. 3. Knowing his rangers status would make some fans revolt against green, hoping to force greens hand into selling up cheaper.

I still love Walter smith, however I want an end to the whole sale of the club and now focus on what will be happening with regards to getting into a league and focus on our team. I say stick with charles green.

For people asking why Walter threw a consortium together so late in the day, this is my theory....

Walter and Co have formed the consortium because in very, very recent times they've found out Green was another Craig Whyte?

I hope Green isnt another charlatan but this surprise bid from Walter has alarm bells ringing.

Who said a Yorkshireman can't run Rangers?

You have a choice, Walter Smith and his consortium of known quantities to steer the good ship Rangers through rocky waters or Charles Green.

It is entirely up to you.

I'll go with the guy who's put up his own money to buy the club ahead of the guy who's stood dumbstruck on the sidelines, breaking his silence only to praise his ex-boss, AKA the man who killed Rangers, any day of the week.

How about you?

I'll go with the guy who's put up his own money to buy the club ahead of the guy who's stood dumbstruck on the sidelines, breaking his silence only to praise his ex-boss, AKA the man who killed Rangers, any day of the week.

How about you?

You're clearly confused or just plain ignorant about how Green has financed his purchase.

At least you are honest, you prefer Charles Green, a man his manager at Sheffield Utd quotes as saying "I'd rather grow potatoes on this pitch than football players", ahead of Walter Smith, a Ranger who needs no introduction.

Green was nowhere to be seen in the first stages of administration either,

Think they just assumed the cva would go through as per most peoples opinion and it was only Wednesday it was revealed it wouldn't so since then they've took this course of action.

Green won't believe his luck been given the assets for 5.5 so will take a lot to get him to leave but from a fans perspective that would definitely be the preferred course of action so fingers crossed it happens

You're clearly confused or just plain ignorant about how Green has financed his purchase.

At least you are honest, You prefer Charles Green, a man his manager at Sheffield Utd quotes as saying "I'd rather grow potatoes on this pitch than football players", ahead of Walter Smith, a Ranger who needs no introduction.

Honestly mate i'm not being funny i really don't know how did Charles Green finance his takeover. Defo interested to find out. (tu)

I'm not asking you to play, I simply asked the basis of your confidence in Charles Green if you don't know his backers?

Sorry I thought you did, you asked where he got the money.My post in the topic was that he was the only one who put money in rather than talk about doing so and,therefore,was the only option and who seems to have done the deal no matter whether I or you wanted this to happen. My preference would have been the pipedream that a true supporter with multi millions to throw away would buy the club but as we all know that hope was an impossibility as would seem a transparent clear cut takeover of the club.

For people asking why Walter threw a consortium together so late in the day, this is my theory....

Walter and Co have formed the consortium because in very, very recent times they've found out Green was another Craig Whyte?

I hope Green isnt another charlatan but this surprise bid from Walter has alarm bells ringing.

I think the answer lies more in the financial backers of the bid.

Park & McColl would not have wanted to be saddled with all that toxic debt. They have played a clever waiting game.

They are buisnessmen - astute buisnessmen in fact. We are football fans prone to emotion. The former are not when money is involved.

Think they just assumed the cva would go through as per most peoples opinion and it was only Wednesday it was revealed it wouldn't so since then they've took this course of action.

Why did they say they have been working on it for weeks then?

Would they have raised their head if a CVA had been agreed?

At least you are honest, you prefer Charles Green, a man his manager at Sheffield Utd quotes as saying "I'd rather grow potatoes on this pitch than football players", ahead of Walter Smith, a Ranger who needs no introduction.

I'd rather have a CEO who has never sucked David Murray's cock.

And you?