Our attitude to wards Charles Green is a disgrace

Sorry I thought you did, you asked where he got the money.My post in the topic was that he was the only one who put money in rather than talk about doing so and,therefore,was the only option and who seems to have done the deal no matter whether I or you wanted this to happen. My preference would have been the pipedream that a true supporter with multi millions to throw away would buy the club but as we all know that hope was an impossibility as would seem a transparent clear cut takeover of the club.

So, you don't know his backers but give him your support?

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

He was the only one to take us to the door of a cva........my personal view is that Walter and his guys did not really want the stigma of being the ones that tried and never achieved the cva therefore been tarred with the liquidation stigma.

(tu)

Also, no one wonted lumbered with the "big tax case' payments if we lost it ;) .

He was the only one to take us to the door of a cva........my personal view is that Walter and his guys did not really want the stigma of being the ones that tried and never achieved the cva therefore been tarred with the liquidation stigma.

(tu)

Also, no one wonted lumbered with the "big tax case' payments if we lost it ;) .

I feel like these are seen as bad things. But really, did anyone want these things? I'm quite confident that Green took these hits fully aware that he would be tarred with these things. There's a reason he says he wants out in a year. He's the guy who takes the hit and takes the small profit. Good luck to him. Think nows the time to sell up though

I think the answer lies more in the financial backers of the bid.

Park & McColl would not have wanted to be saddled with all that toxic debt. They have played a clever waiting game.

They are buisnessmen - astute buisnessmen in fact. We are football fans prone to emotion. The former are not when money is involved.

Possibly.

If Greens plans were to sell at the end of the next season... why doesnt he just sell now?.... and why does he want such a high price for his shares already? I mean, I doubt he'd make £15m-£20m next season and its also doubtful there would be a buyer.

Who knows, lol.

I just want someone trustworthy at the helm. The Yorkshire accent is very trustworthy. I think thats helped Green tremedously but that just makes him more dangerous IMO, lol.

I reckon we need to be very careful, and who better than Walter?

Like Chris Graham said on STV yesterday... its nothing against Charles Green but if its between him and Walter then he needs to step aside. :)

Great post Jim. (Repped)

While Walter Smith is and always will be a hero of mine, I feel he has made a big mistake becoming involved with this late bid. If McColl, Park etc. truly wished to save the club why didn't they throw their money into the Blue Knights bid when they had the chance? Because they were afraid of the CVA, the big tax case, and having their names associated with the liquidation of Rangers, that's why. But now that Charles Green has done the dirty work they want to be cast in the role of saviours of our club and are willing to use Walter as the catalyst for a fans revolt to get their way. And make no mistake, Walter Smith is being used and will be cast aside when he is no longer needed.

I have no idea what Charles Greens' true intentions are, or those of his consortium, but they have spoken with actions as well as words, unlike those "Rangers Men" who sat on their wallets until the risks were minimized.

Also, Dingwalls' call for a Season Ticket embargo stinks to high heaven, as does everything he touches.

I agree. But I feel now it's time Rangers fans took charge

just remember the last time we had supposed Rangers men in the boardroom

They sat back while our club went to pot, Bain, AJ, SDM, Mini Murray, McClelland the list is quite shocking of the so called fans of the club and how we ended up

Perhaps it is time to get away from all that, guys that will put the balance sheet before anything else, can it hurt to try it

The fans that have never gave him a shot, never spoke anything positive about him, and today demanded he fuck off before and after he bought the assets need a fucking good look at themselves

Even today when he offered Walter the chairmans role in the club we have fans still demanding he simply sell up and leave no matter what.

This is the guy that at least gave us a fighting shot at a CVA, he at least gave the money to secure all assets instead of them being picked apart by the fucking vultures.

McColl and Park in this supposed Smith fronted consortium were nowhere to be seen when we needed a CVA, nowhere to be seen when Green made a binding agreement to buy all assets even with the threat of numerous sanctions from the SFA and SPL

I think the Rangers support should be firstly thanking Green for all he has tried to do and all he has done, then asking Smith's consortium where the fuck they were 6 weeks ago.

The shite heading towards Green is nothing short of shambolic :angry:

I'm still not sure of him myself but your right that some of our fans are an utter disgrace considering he has been the one to step up. (tu)

The thing I don't get is that I believe green would hand almost full control to Rangers men in return for an investment in the club so why wouldn't McColl, Park, Smith put their £6 million or however much it is into the club coffers as part of the consortium in exchange for them having a say so on the board.

This makes much more sense than chucking potential investment away ffs. (tu)

The thing I don't get is that I believe green would hand almost full control to Rangers men in return for an investment in the club so why wouldn't McColl, Park, Smith put their £6 million or however much it is into the club coffers as part of the consortium in exchange for them having a say so on the board.

This makes much more sense than chucking potential investment away ffs. (tu)

I have lost count of the number of posts I made on various threads yesterday regarding your point...........................Green even stated on tv that he would welcome them, but no one has approached them and the position of Chairman for the football board would be there for Walter. Plus that £6m will come in handy and give McColl and the rest a stake in the club ......on the terms they mentioned i.e they would not be owners.

So Walter drive up the well worn road from your house to Ibrox and get the thumbs up from McColl and co................plus I do believe that you would have a strong partner in Malcolm Murray(well 3rd time lucky with that name)

Come on Walter this can be as dramatic as all the titles.

Why would smith and Mccoll do that though ?

Green may own the club but Smith owns the support, this can, and will, only end one way. Smith and Co have played this well and smart. A lot of people won't like that in the cold light of day as they have not let their heart rule there heads and tried to save us pre liquidation but what they have done makes sense for them having a minimum outlay to take control of the club.

Great post Jim. (Repped)

While Walter Smith is and always will be a hero of mine, I feel he has made a big mistake becoming involved with this late bid. If McColl, Park etc. truly wished to save the club why didn't they throw their money into the Blue Knights bid when they had the chance? Because they were afraid of the CVA, the big tax case, and having their names associated with the liquidation of Rangers, that's why. But now that Charles Green has done the dirty work they want to be cast in the role of saviours of our club and are willing to use Walter as the catalyst for a fans revolt to get their way. And make no mistake, Walter Smith is being used and will be cast aside when he is no longer needed.

I have no idea what Charles Greens' true intentions are, or those of his consortium, but they have spoken with actions as well as words, unlike those "Rangers Men" who sat on their wallets until the risks were minimized.

Also, Dingwalls' call for a Season Ticket embargo stinks to high heaven, as does everything he touches.

I think there is an elelment of truth in what you say Roy but I sincerely doubt Walter would be just cast aside - that would financial/buisness suicide for all involved with this new consortium.

Park/McColl etc didnt get where they are now by making "emotional" decisions - they got there by making buisiness decisons free from emotional baggage.

The buisiness model they are attempting to buy has a far more positive financial outlook than the toxic debt model the Blue Knights attempted to rescue.

I have no idea what Charles Greens' true intentions are, or those of his consortium

And that in a nutshell is the problem. In fairness to Green he has actually told us - he is here to make money. Who knows who he may sell us to a year down the line if he could maximise his profit. He has no Rangers history nor particular affiliation with the club.

Walter's credentials are without question. Furthermore he has only agreed to become involved in this bid if the fans are brought on board.

With no disrepect intended to Charle Green - it is quite simply a no brainer.

Why would smith and Mccoll do that though ?

Green may own the club but Smith owns the support, this can, and will, only end one way. Smith and Co have played this well and smart. A lot of people won't like that in the cold light of day as they have not let their heart rule there heads and tried to save us pre liquidation but what they have done makes sense for them having a minimum outlay to take control of the club.

Green doesn't own the club. The consortium do.

For a long time we have been saying it would be better to have a number of investors with cash to put in rather than a single entity.

Why wouldn't they say buy up 4 x 15% lots and instead of paying green and co off have the full amount going straight to the club.

What a start that would be to the newco.

External investors. Rangers minded investors. Walter smith. Fans buy in as Walter on board so season ticket money. Fans shareholding money again due to Walter.

I just cannot for the life of me see why we would get rid of that money in the time when we most need it.

Green doesn't own the club. The consortium do.

For a long time we have been saying it would be better to have a number of investors with cash to put in rather than a single entity.

Why wouldn't they say buy up 4 x 15% lots and instead of paying green and co off have the full amount going straight to the club.

What a start that would be to the newco.

External investors. Rangers minded investors. Walter smith. Fans buy in as Walter on board so season ticket money. Fans shareholding money again due to Walter.

I just cannot for the life of me see why we would get rid of that money in the time when we most need it.

Semantics ...i know what i meant ;)

To answer your question, The smith consortium will want total control of their investment, and with the people involved why not. Mcoll has an excellent track of turning round failing businesses (and not in an asset stripping way).

They will want to do things their way or not at all and i don't blame them. If it's a straight choice i will trust the guys i know. The fact i have dealt with the main protagonist quite a few times in a professional sense makes me even more confident, dependant on his level of involvement

The previous directors who sat on their asses doing nothing while all this shit went down?

So that means all Rangers men will be bad?

BTW, Park tried to fight Murray, but couldn't do much from his position. Murray hates Park.

The heckling and abuse of Green is pathetic, but if you look at the two groups from any angle (financial, potential further investment, buisiness history, respect of peers) there is only one winner, would you disagree?

The previous directors who sat on their asses doing nothing while all this shit went down?

I would hardly call SDM a Rangers Man - Ayr United after all were his first port of call - not Rangers.

Its quite clear from Bain's testimony at the recent enquiry that the board had little power and despite them flagging up the considerable concerns regarding Whyte - SDM chose to ignore them and sell the club - in fact SDM tried to get Bain to persuade the board selling to Whyte was the best option. Something to his credit, he refused to do.

I would hardly call SDM a Rangers Man - Ayr United after all were his first port of call - not Rangers.

Its quite clear from Bain's testimony at the recent enquiry that the board had little power and despite them flagging up the considerable concerns regarding Whyte - SDM chose to ignore them and sell the club - in fact SDM tried to get Bain to persuade the board selling to Whyte was the best option. Something to his credit, he refused to do.

they had little power dart, except when they were going to a cash machine to withdraw their wages they got from the club.