The players can be "big big players" in the boardroom brinksmanship

OlegKuznetsov

In fairness to Green, he has put up the money, done what he said would with the CVA debt and the newco getting the assets. Ally seems unhappy, the fans aren't fully convinced by Green and now the emotional linkage with our identity enters as a late entrant.

The fans and their purchase of season tickets, or lack thereof will be a huge factor, pressuring Green.

However, he still holds all the cards.

That said, he needs the players too and they now have it within their hands to back Walter and McColl with their registration. To me, that would, along with season ticket money, really apply pressure to Green.

Ultimately, I want this resolved ASAP, just as most of the fans will. I just want to know when it's safe to invest and buy a season ticket, but don't want to do that if it only adds uncertainty if Walter can take over. If he can't, fair does and we can move on.

Perhaps the best solution is to get these Rangers men with money on board, in order to both move on and maximise investment, whilst ensuring the soul of the club, which unquestionably still survives and strongly so, has Rangers men keeping a close eye on it. I think that's the biggest win-win scenario.

I don't understand why it would need to come to that and Green has done nothing wrong for it to come to that unless being the one to try and save the club is a crime.

Green made it clear he is not here for the long haul and is looking to make money on his purchase.

McColl and Park have plenty of cash and Green obviously welcomes there interest and wants them to contact his people instead of the media to talk it over.

If these men want Rangers as badly as yesterdays statement then offer the money it would take to see Green do what he intends to do in 12 months or so...walk away.

I don't understand why it would need to come to that and Green has done nothing wrong for it to come to that unless being the one to try and save the club is a crime.

Green made it clear he is not here for the long haul and is looking to make money on his purchase.

McColl and Park have plenty of cash and Green obviously welcomes there interest and wants them to contact his people instead of the media to talk it over.

If these men want Rangers as badly as yesterdays statement then offer the money it would take to see Green do what he intends to do in 12 months or so...walk away.

I think working together has to be the solution. Green says that now is the time for unity and you're right to mention that he has done the dirty work. To have more cash in the pot and Rangers men keeping a close eye on proceedings is the ideal win-win scenario for all of us.

The way I see it, Walters mob shied away from the dirty work and now hope to use fan power and player power to leverage Green out.

Green however, stepped forward, put up the money and did what he said he would do, even if it was purely for financial gain.

Therefore it is a bit rich for Walters mob to expect to get it handed over to them on a plate.

I'd have been a lot happier if they'd just put in a straightforward bid rather than playing on the fans.

They must accept that Green will want paying for stepping aside and I hope this doesn't descend into any more dirty tricks.

If they want the club, negotiate a deal and pay the man. I suspect Green will be happy to move on if the money is right.

If not they'll lose my respect and it will just look like they whored Walters name out to sap the fans and players.

Have said on a number of threads.............I cannot understand why McColl and Co do not join in joint venture with the owners of the cub.........£6m would be a boost to the company and the club, backed with seasin book money and share issue , would make the club cash rich.

Plus they would have a good % of the company and make sure they get to of their own on the PLC board and Walter and whoever he has in mind running the Football Board and Green as CEO to Walters Chairmanship....................how can anyone not see the benefit in this.

Have said on a number of threads.............I cannot understand why McColl and Co do not join in joint venture with the owners of the cub.........£6m would be a boost to the company and the club, backed with seasin book money and share issue , would make the club cash rich.

Plus they would have a good % of the company and make sure they get to of their own on the PLC board and Walter and whoever he has in mind running the Football Board and Green as CEO to Walters Chairmanship....................how can anyone not see the benefit in this.

This is pure speculation, but have you considered the possibility that Walter and his people know something about Green and/or his investors and want to remove the club from his hands completely?

Just a thought.

This is pure speculation, but have you considered the possibility that Walter and his people know something about Green and/or his investors and want to remove the club from his hands completely?

Just a thought.

Zeus Capital have had discussions with them and a well run company.........Malcolm Murray you do not run funds the size the he has without being above board.plus he is a Rangers man. No the sole reason they have stepped in is simply ..debt free company and have mobilised this feeling of we are Rangers men (no doubt they are) and would be better f you step aside now...... unfortunately they are not dealings with the like of whyte and instead as mentioned hard nosed businessmen who will know exactly what it's worth and what they will take to move.

This calling for don't buy season books will hurt the club simple as that. As Ness put it..........you are Rangers men and have the money well get the cheque book out and make an offer that will make the owners yes owners want to seel up..have they lied as regards wanting to make a return on their investment...but they are not stupid to know that they would have to get the club back on it's feet...............the arraival of the Rangers fans well that has brought maybe their departure to head .but......will only happen if as Lesie Crowther used to say Come on Down The Price I s Right,

The way I see it, Walters mob shied away from the dirty work and now hope to use fan power and player power to leverage Green out.

Green however, stepped forward, put up the money and did what he said he would do, even if it was purely for financial gain.

Therefore it is a bit rich for Walters mob to expect to get it handed over to them on a plate.

I'd have been a lot happier if they'd just put in a straightforward bid rather than playing on the fans.

They must accept that Green will want paying for stepping aside and I hope this doesn't descend into any more dirty tricks.

If they want the club, negotiate a deal and pay the man. I suspect Green will be happy to move on if the money is right.

If not they'll lose my respect and it will just look like they whored Walters name out to sap the fans and players.

got to agree with you.

this was stagemanaged pure and simple.

we keep hearing this "Good rangers men" take Walter out of the equation and what have you got...

A)nothing but businessmen who sat back till others done all the dirty work then rolled out a figurehead they knew the fans would jump behind in the hope of fan power allowing them to get the club (now debt free) for a bargain basement price.

one thing for sure US as normal everyday supporters are being played (i think duped the word of the moment) outcome to us will be the exact same...

1) A share issue ----- THAT WE WILL DIG DEEP FOR.

2) whichever consortium which has control at that time will having a rather LARGE CHUNK of dosh in their personal pockets.

make no mistake about it this is not about "good rangers men" owning the club it's about that future share issue money.

Uncalled for speculation, they wouldn't have let him get this far in the process if that was the case. For me, and I'm sure a lot of others, its not a case of not trusting green (although whyte gives us good reason) its more a case of I would trust walter more. Point is, at the end of the day, green is I'm charge and Walter n co are in same position tbk were, put up or shut up.

Just a thought.

And there we have it. Drip, Drip.

Have YOU thought about the possibility there is something we should know about the people behind Walter ?

You're keen on questioning everyone else.

And there we have it. Drip, Drip.

Have YOU thought about the possibility there is something we should know about the people behind Walter ?

You're keen on questioning everyone else.

Yup, I think there should be some disclosure about the plans, funding etc. However, I do not doubt for a second that Walter will have involved himself with people who have the best interests of Rangers at hearts. I cannot say the same about Green.

I think working together has to be the solution. Green says that now is the time for unity and you're right to mention that he has done the dirty work. To have more cash in the pot and Rengers men keeping a close eye on proceedings is the ideal win-win sccenario for all of us.

I'd go along with that.

Green as we are well aware is not here for the long haul so Walter and co will not be working with him for very long.

Both parties and both investments would do us the world of good!

I think Walter has been badly advised and I'm sure he is the last person who is wanting to get involved in a nasty takeover struggle.

If the money men behind Walter were not willing to do the dirty work Green has had to do, then they need to pay Green for doing the work. Good Presbyterian values, payment for hard work.

This new consortium smacks of all the amateur media tricks TBK were trying. Conducting everything through the media and trying to get fans to turn against the lawful owner of the club.

Badly advised.

The fans want Walter, they want known Scottish business men. We don't want an acrimonious takeover. We've dealt with quite enough fucking shit so far and quite frankly, there is far more shit to deal with the SFA and SPL without 'real Rangers men' adding to it.

Green has gone about it in totally the right way. He was unknown until be became preferred bidder and has dealt with the people with the control. If Walter's consortium want to dance, they need to pay the piper.

The RST email urging fans to hold off buying season books is reprehensible and just confirms my view these clownshoes have no interest in the club. My CLUB needs my money, I give it to MY CLUB, not the owner.

Walter and everyone else of the old "Rangers Men" can piss off..I don´t want anyone from any old regime close to the club ever again

Walter is a man of integrity and while I think Ally has done a fantastic job of being the anchor for us, he needs support and Walter is the man to give him that.

As for Walter's backers, I would trust them more than Green's but I fully expect they are looking for a nice payout when the fan share issue comes along in a few years.