Would now be a good time to restructure Scottish football?

gordonb23

It's something that has been talked about for years, making an SPL1 and an SPL 2, is now the right time to do it?

Maybe a 20 team league and a 24 team league similar to the premier league and championship.

The SFA don't want to send us down but they will likely be forced to. This way we would(hopefully) be back in the top flight within a year.

I know timing is probably a big factor and I'm not saying this to make things easier for ourselves but if it's something the SFA want to do, why not now?

Don't really like the idea of 20 team league, I'm not saying we're in a great situation just now, but there simply isn't enough teams with enough quality to make it in anyway more exciting.

The times always been right to make some sort of change, it won't happen now either.

They wont extend the league to 18 or 20 teams because future TV deals would drop in value with only 2 old firm games. Added to that we just don't have the quality of teams to be able to.

The split is dreadful but to get rid of it they'd have to extend the league or cut back to 10 again.

The only thing I'd like to see change is for them to add an extra relegation spot, even if it's to have a play off with the SPL 2nd bottom and 1st division 2nd top.

They wont extend the league to 18 or 20 teams because future TV deals would drop in value with only 2 old firm games. Added to that we just don't have the quality of teams to be able to.

The split is dreadful but to get rid of it they'd have to extend the league or cut back to 10 again.

The only thing I'd like to see change is for them to add an extra relegation spot, even if it's to have a play off with the SPL 2nd bottom and 1st division 2nd top.

Better chance of Aberdeen getting relegated then.

They defo need to bring in a play off spot, consider bringing back terracing and I duno how anyone else feels about it change the traditional ko time from 3pm to mebey 7 and allow alchohol back into the stadiums, the later kick off would allow people who work satardays to get to the games and also make the game your satarday night out rather than some people who are tight for money sacrificing the football for a night out etc sky or whoever could show more games putting more money in and hopfully raise the quality.

Friday nite football for me. Sky want 4 games from OF and they will get it. But having said that, all these other clubs just now are going on about well we only need to sell an extra 200 season tickets to cover the cost of tv money. So if they are up for restructuring, bearing in mind they will have to find an extra 200 muppets to support their diddy teams, then I would not be against it too much. If it was for the benefit for our game in this country (cause we are not going anywhere else) then it may be worth it.

I think the maximum teams we can get away with is 14 IMO with playing every team twice = 26 games then the split so two halves of seven play every team twice is an extra 12 games totalling 38 games still. As we need 4 OF's a season. 14 teams wouldn't be that bad though. 2 relagation places etc.

would like to see a 14 team spl,play each other twice then split into a top 8 and bottom 6,this would mean an end to the farcical playing away 3 times against the same side and also still keep 4 OF games a season,it would also be financially benefit clubs making the top 8 with a 40 game season as opposed to a 36 game for bottom 6,this would hopefully make the league more exciting with greater financial rewards meaning less "meaningless" games.

With the top 8 all battling for European football,I would also like to introduce a playoff for the second bottom club and 2nd in div1 meaning nearly everyone has something to play for right until end of season.

Don't really like the idea of 20 team league, I'm not saying we're in a great situation just now, but there simply isn't enough teams with enough quality to make it in anyway more exciting.

The times always been right to make some sort of change, it won't happen now either.

Two leagues of 18 with a non-league system behind it.