The Sun with a so called Walter blue-print for his led takeover.

Boab

Eh...McColl and Park were already in consortiums.

Smith isn't doing this because he wants to, it's because he needs to.

They/he needed to do it months ago, they didn't Charlie did.

I just dont get this at all.

Why pay something like £10m now when they could have bought it for £5.5m if they had stepped up to the plate weeks ago.

Thats crucial money that could have given us a start.

As much as i think its the right group to own us, i have to say their form over the past few days has been snake-like and very poor.

They are playing the fans like a fiddle. (tu)

It's the sun with no quotes. Absolute bollocks from start to finish. Can't believe we're even discussing it.

Agreed. In terms of blueprints the paper has very little detail, headline to get people to buy paper me thinks.

I just dont get this at all.

Why pay something like £10m now when they could have bought it for £5.5m if they had stepped up to the plate weeks ago.

Thats crucial money that could have given us a start.

As much as i think its the right group to own us, i have to say their form over the past few days has been snake-like and very poor.

They are playing the fans like a fiddle. (tu)

This.

It seems to be working as many are jumping in blind.

I also didn't think McColl was part ofmanymprevious consortium, based on everyone on here saying he would put money into a football club.

<div><br></div><div>All this article clarifies is Walter is being used for his name and nothing else.</div>

I think if Smith wants to take over Rangers his input has to be more than just currying favour with Our Support by using his name i'd want Smith to be more involved.

Big Mistake with this consortium not getting their bid in before green.

Been away for a week on holiday and came back to all this, a desperate situation!

The name Walter Smith instantly gives you confidence, his interests will always be 100% be the best for our club, but like all other bids we need clarity. We need to know their full plans, what roles certain people will take and more importantly proof of funds.

As for Green, I'm not really against him, but I think now Walter and co. have shown their card and have the fans on side I think it would be in his best interests for him and his consortium to step aside. I think there been far too much time wasted over the last few weeks and the last thing we need is more delays. We need the ownership of the club resolved as quickly as possible, so we can start building for the future.

Since the moment walters consortium was mooted I have voiced concern that it was no coincidence the Ally story was leaked on the day the CVA was formally rejected and a Newco formed.

I was also concerned that unwittingly or not, Walters name was being whored by this group to curry favour with fans.

It now seems that my initial fears were right and this is just the new slightly improved TBK with Walter being used as a front.

TBK have been attempting to manipulate folk from the start. They bought the RST with promises of power, and used tame journos to plant stories bigging up TBK and slating the opposition.

They have been a constant destabilising force throughout this admin and we're lucky they haven't killed the club off totally.

According to reports, Walter is only there as a poster boy and won't actually have anything to do with the club.

Their plans are very sketchy, in a way that would have provoked serious questions and innuendo if it were anyone else.

Don't get me wrong, I would love to see a well funded consortium, led by Walter, negotiate a deal and buy Rangers, fairly and squarely.

But I don't want to be manipulated into helping them steal it from Green. I could never fully trust them if that happens. It would be like the old Murray days when we were fed shite to cheer us up or mask some bad news. We don't need any more smoke and mirrors. That's patronising.

Just tell us the truth and behave in a decent manner.

We're not all sheep you can push around.