Division 1, new attitudes and a new league structure?

dan_ger

Ibrox could be hosting Division One matches next season if SLF shake-up is given the go-ahead

NEWCO Rangers could be offered a route into the First Division next season – as part of a radical overhaul of the Scottish game.

The Ibrox club may not have to start again in the bottom tier of the senior game if it is expelled from the SPL as Sky bosses fret over their absence for at least three years.

The broadcaster is willing to risk a 12 month “hit” as its new, £80million television deal prepares to kick in next season but has warned it cannot sustain its investment without Rangers.

Now Scottish Football League chief executive David Longmuir wants talks with the SPL and SFA in a bid to seize a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to restructure the game.

He hopes to lobby for discussions that would attempt to benefit clubs on issues such as reconstruction of the leagues and cash distribution as well as the business and moral quandries that have arisen since the old Rangers went into liquidation.

However, clubs would have to set aside the existing rule book and agree a charter for reform in a bid to take the game forward.

That would mean Rangers could be granted entry to the First Division, maybe even as part of a new league set-up, instead of dropping to the lowest rung of the senior game, Division Three.

Longmuir was reluctant to be drawn yesterday but said: “We can use this opportunity to fix the game for good as well as do what is necessary with Rangers.

“We need a different type of mindset that is based on a willingness to fix the game in Scotland, not just deal with the situation at Ibrox.

“Various scenarios have been talked about and they are not lost on me because I have thought about them myself. However, it will take a different type of attitude to make it happen and one that involves getting people around the table.”

A least Longmuir has half a brain, unlike his counterpart at the SFA, but will the attitudes change??

I won't be holding my breath.

This is the cunts having their cake and eating it. Sky will still plough in the dosh as long as we are only away from the top table for 12mths.

That way Dundee Hibs, The sheep etc still get their tv dough and we get royally fucked.

Twisted, spineless cunts.

This needs to happen in Scotland any but it shouldn't be div 1 2 3 getting restructured, it should be all 4 and the SPL being scrapped. Restructure the 3 leagues and then tell the SPL to fuck off.

To be fair, Longmuir isn't been quoted saying anything about Div 1. Might just be DR making stuff up.

The league structures need to be changed, I don't really see why it has to take this to happen for them to restructure things. Says it all really.

Ffs will everyone please stop going on about losing fucking titles.

It cannot and will not happen.

EVER.

No matter what the bheasts say.

For clarity, our next Spl title will be number 55.

Do not listen to the cunts who are more obsessed with us than they are of their own vile team.

Monk.

If we are demoted to division 1.

Why would we have titles stripped?

It won't and cannot Fucking happen.

The sooner we man up and start telling the bead rattlers to Fuck right off with the stupid fantasy the better.

54 AND COUNTING.

Monk.

If we are demoted to division 1.

Why would we have titles stripped?

It won't and cannot Fucking happen.

The sooner we man up and start telling the bead rattlers to Fuck right off with the stupid fantasy the better.

54 AND COUNTING.

Don't know why it would happen just wondering if it could because as I said there was a thread on it yesterday

Don't know why it would happen just wondering if it could because as I said there was a thread on it yesterday

1 question - do you remember watching and celebrating every title win in that period?

Assuming the answer is 'yes', then what the hell are you worried about?

You cannot erase history and I'm getting fed up of folk worrying about such things.

They could claim we've won fuck all and it wouldn't irk me in the slightest, because I know we won it. I was there. Unless they have some device that erases your memories, so will you.

I support Rangers because they are Rangers. I'd support them if they had no 'official' trophies or if they had a million of them. Don't be so easily wound up by those so desperate to hurt us

Ffs will everyone please stop going on about losing fucking titles.

It cannot and will not happen.

EVER.

No matter what the bheasts say.

For clarity, our next Spl title will be number 55.

Do not listen to the cunts who are more obsessed with us than they are of their own vile team.

Technically if we go to Div 1 and win THAT would be our 55th title :P

Listen mate ,Theres a lot of mischief making with threads even on here .IMO Some of them should be blanked esp ones with taig connotations and sadly there's plenty getting on here .It even worries me that we actually advertise the beggars new strip on here ffs what is that all about

I've been thinking it may be the First Division for us for a while, limit the hit that they take. But at the same time is there really enough time to restructure the club? Would we lose the same number of players that we would have going to the Third Division? If so, I doubt that we'd be able to get back to a team that could challenge for the SPL title within a year. Something really annoys me about the idea of us only being there for financial gain of those who have had a good kick at us.

First Division IMO would be better than SPL with say 10 points deducted for 3 years (or whatever other sanctions) as we'll only be hit for one season and then were back. Maybe we could loan out players like Davis, Naismith if they don't want to be in that League and then they return for some tim skelping a year later.

:crabflute: