Was speaking to Bill Leckie last night...

JamieG54

I dont buy the Sun or the Record anymore i just read online if someone posts a link but i got the opportunity to chat with the above journalist for 5 mins or so about his thoughts on the situation. Wont make this long but to sum up..

He is pretty confident we will get voted back in the SPL. I argued Hearts, Aberdeen Celtic Utd Hibs etc will vote against us but he says the clubs have to come out with this talk to go with the fans. He says especially if Walters group takes over that the clubs will come to a deal with Rangers i.e money split more even/gates/tv money/maybe 14-16 team league and they will let us in. He says any of those options and Rangers would take it. Obviously not e.g 50-50 home gate money but basically better than what the clubs are getting just now and this could make the league better overall if they have more cash,

Says if Greens group can make even 3/4m they will sell for a quick profit but they do want to make Rangers a success. But obviously if fans are not buying tickets then the plan has to change.

He seemed a nice man and spoke very well. Neutral as he supports St Mirren but says SPL needs Rangers.

Ye were pished, right.

Leckie's a wank.

Ma mate's wan ay the maist mild mannered guys ye could hope tae meet.

10 minutes talkin tae that prick an he was wantin tae rip his heid aff.

Ye must've scared him.

Whenever anyone talks of introducing split gate receipts (50-50? 60-40?), remember it doesn't include season tickets.

They are considering applying this in some of England's lower leagues, the thinking being it will boost season ticket sales because fans will want their club to get the money not the opposition. If implemented in the SPL it would make little difference to us, it may even make rangers more money due to our fantastic travelling support.

Whenever anyone talks of introducing split gate receipts (50-50? 60-40?), remember it doesn't include season tickets.

They are considering applying this in some of England's lower leagues, the thinking being it will boost season ticket sales because fans will want their club to get the money not the opposition. If implemented in the SPL it would make little difference to us, it may even make rangers more money due to our fantastic travelling support.

I'll be travelling fuckin nowhere other than tae Ibrox from now on.

Fair enough comments, but I still believe that it would take more than 3/4 of a million profit to get rid of Green and co. How many investors have actually put their money where their mouth is? 4 or 5? So that's not much more than a hundred grand each, and I'm sure Green will want a slice as well. For such cut-throat businessmen that they seem to be, that seems like pittance.

They should be pretty confident they'll make more than that back.

Fair points but if we're expected to give out more gate money just for being allowed back in the league I would tell them to fuckoff.

Agree. Why the fuck should we have our bills to pay for policing, stewarding, etc. and give some other club a whack of our gate money?

Why the fuck would we give other teams cut of RFC gate money beyond they supporters they bting? Lets give them a cut of a sold out ibrox if they only bring 500 fans?

Sorry, leckies not got a fuckin clue.

he is a journalist mate,they talk good to every cnt but write any sensationalist pish to keep them in a job,believe me i know how they work,but to be fair he has not been the hardest on Rangers,what i would ask is 'what gives you the right to write about football when you clearly have never played the game, [the odd 5 a side with your mates aside]its like myself clueing up on chess and trying to tell people all about it.......

Fair points but if we're expected to give out more gate money just for being allowed back in the league I would tell them to fuckoff.

thing is though if we arent in the spl then the other clubs could just club together to vote in more equal gate money,meaning when we return to the spl the rule would be in and nothing we could do about it

Agree. Why the fuck should we have our bills to pay for policing, stewarding, etc. and give some other club a whack of our gate money?

No chance,if that was to happen it's them having their cake and eating it.

Rangers in the SPL to secure them Sky money and a great travelling support to fill their ground(so they think) but they also want to see us deducted points and take our income.

We're in or we're out,no point entering a league where they're making us play games with a burst baw.

thing is though if we arent in the spl then the other clubs could just club together to vote in more equal gate money,meaning when we return to the spl the rule would be in and nothing we could do about it

I can't see SPL teams voting to give up more of their income,they can't just keep making rules up to suit themselves.

Its a pity you couldnae o caught his column in Fridays SUN you could of asked him about some of his requirements on our being allowed to stay that he forgot to mention in yer wee chat - and I quote

'If I was one of the chairmen sitting in judgement this reprieve would only happen on my terms. I would be putting my demands on a sheet of A4 and chucking them under the nose of whoever was running the light blues that week. With a simple message Accept them and stay Reject them and sling yer hook.

1. Change the vote to 8-4

2. Even split of all commercial income

3. All gate money split 50/50

4. 16 or 18 team league

5. 2 down 2 up with 3rd place play off

6. Withdrawal of stadium licences for abusive, racist or sectarian chants

7. Serious talks aimed at uniting the 3 bodies running the game