3 year ban in effect is really 4?

dave7867

So with us banned from europe for 3 years(3 seasons) would it be the third season where we finish in whatever european place we get back in europe or the 4th year which would be the 5th year of not being in europe all very confusing.

FFS use some punctuation.

As I see it, we are banned from competing in Europe in seasons 12/13, 13/14 and 14/15. So if we win the cup or finish in a European place in the SPL (or whatever) in season 14/15 then we can compete in Europe in season 15/16

Is there no way we can appeal to UEFA for a one year ban etc? Does it have to be the 3? I think when things settle down then we may well try

There isn't, but because of the new financial regulations that UEFA have brought in, clubs have to be able to provide the company's previous 3 years of finances in order to compete. As its a new company holding the club, the club has to wait 3 years before it can compete.

We may have bigger things to worry about, but the European nights will very much be missed. I'm sure the Challenge Cup brings the same buzz!

:lol:

As new entrants, we'd presumably be unseeded in the Challenge Cup. Remarkable, given that four years ago we were finalists in the second most prestigious club competition in the world.

I don't think the European ban starts until the 2013/14 season. Therefore, the earliest we could be back in Europe would be 2016/17. I think it is something to do with the fact that the Newco had to be registered by the 1st June under UEFA rules if I read correctly. However, you can take anything the media says with a pinch of salt. They seem as confused as anyone else.

Edit: Just checked UEFA'S website and can't find any evidence to back up my above assertions but I definitely remember reading something to that effect. More disinformation from the media.

I don't think the European ban starts until the 2013/14 season. Therefore, the earliest we could be back in Europe would be 2016/17. I think it is something to do with the fact that the Newco had to be registered by the 1st June under UEFA rules if I read correctly. However, you can take anything the media says with a pinch of salt. They seem as confused as anyone else.

hmmmmmm

That would mean we are playing in Europe next season then?

Not the case I'm afraid.

/quote

No, we wouldn't be able to play in Europe next season and the three season ban would not kick in until 2013/14 thus effectively making it a 4 season European ban. But I accept I wasn't clear about it in my post. As I said in my edit I can't remember where I heard or saw this and there is nothing about it on UEFA's website so I think it is just another press scaremongering story.

:lol:

As new entrants, we'd presumably be unseeded in the Challenge Cup. Remarkable, given that four years ago we were finalists in the second most prestigious club competition in the world.

True, at least we'll be welcoming the big teams to Ibrox anyway!