Confused.com

jaywalker

Please humour me here and remember I am not a lawyer.

If Rangers FC(the club, not the company) still exist along with the history and finished 2nd in the SPL at the end of the season, who said Rangers FC(the club, not the company) wont be in the SPL next year and on what grounds should Rangers FC(the club, not the company) be punished.

Rangers PLC have been punished by all and sundry, Murray hopefully will be chased by the taxman and with a bit of luck Whyte will end up as a plaything for a frustrated prison wing, but if they are the guilty parties does that not exonorate Rangers FC(the club, not the company).

Ignoring the spirit of the law, and concentrating on the letter of the law, could it be there is an argument that the club(team) cannot, should not be shafted.

Please be gentle. :unsure:

I've wondered about this as well. If Murray and Whyte (and anyone else who was involved) were convicted, would the club not have a case for claiming compensation from the SFA/SPL for punishing us before a court of law had decided who the guilty parties are?

Have to agree and what really annoys me is our players and staff were all deducted PAYE, and one man decided not to pay it. You then ask why our club and fans should suffer because of a crook.

Just as BOS employees didn't suffer for Fred the Shreds crimes, so, why should we.

Just as BOS employees didn't suffer for Fred the Shreds crimes, so, why should we.

The government were as much to blame because of the lack of real control in the financial sector so they bailed them out with our money to save face, in many ways not unlike the SFA but at least the government accepted some blame for what happened unlike the SFA

Unfortunately that is the wat it is - when Farepak went tits up there were laods or ordinary people shafted and the directors syphoned of Milllions - but the law is pretty powerless to stop this - it doesn't make it right - but that is the way it is.