McColl to officially submit bid

Gaz92

He wont pay more than £8.5 if he was going to do that then he would have bought it straight from the Admins, but since he didnt match Greens original £8.5 bid then chances are he aint going higher this time either, Green won't sell at that price so dead in the water.

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

He wont pay more than £8.5 if he was going to do that then he would have bought it straight from the Admins, but since he didnt match Greens original £8.5 bid then chances are he aint going higher this time either, Green won't sell at that price so dead in the water.

How do you come to the conclusion his highest will be 8.5

mccoll says £6million

green says £20 million

halfway agreement roughly £13million

OR

mccoll says £15million

green says £25million

halfway agreement roughly £20million

to beat a cut throat businessman like green you've got to be cut-throat yourself. i suspect mccoll knows what he is doing

The club debt free even in it current condition is worth at least 30m. Green knows this, don't expect negotiations to go well if people make stupid offers.

We as a club have enough shit to deal with in the coming weeks without another one of these BK bidding saga’s to deal with on top of things. McColl should know (if he doesn’t then should at least meet Green and or his people to discuss it) what is needed and equally should know the fans deserve it to be as painless and quick as possible if a deal is to be done.

What I fear here is exactly what happened with TBK, making bids and trying to get fans onside to put pressure on people (D&P now Green) to accept the bid because it has Rangers men at the helm. We saw how that unfolded when trying to purchase our club on the cheap. We simply do not have the time for this kind of saga again, players need to know what is happening or they could pack up and go, fans need to know also.

99.9% of us would love it for Walter and his men to have our club because it seems a much safer bet than an unknown businessman who knows little to nothing about our club BUT in hindsight we had so called Rangers men at the helm before and look where we are today!

I pray this is not a drawn out saga played out in the media because it will be excruciating and will split fans yet again, if it’s to happen then get it done and we can plan ahead.

mccoll says £6million

green says £20 million

halfway agreement roughly £13million

OR

mccoll says £15million

green says £25million

halfway agreement roughly £20million

to beat a cut throat businessman like green you've got to be cut-throat yourself. i suspect mccoll knows what he is doing

Your two options have McColl bidding first and I never said that.

If you read it again I said ask Green what he wants then go from there.

A buyer never bids first unless it is derisory as in this case and is designed to get men round tables.

And one other point, so called cut throat business never usually deal with people they think are taking the piss and quite frequently ask for more than they were willing to take as a lesson to the piss taker.

Your two options have McColl bidding first and I never said that.

If you read it again I said ask Green what he wants then go from there.

A buyer never bids first unless it is derisory as in this case and is designed to get men round tables.

And one other point, so called cut throat business never usually deal with people they think are taking the piss and quite frequently ask for more than they were willing to take as a lesson to the piss taker.

id agree with that last point to be fair

but green has already said what he wants, its been all over the papers and hes chancing it

We as a club have enough shit to deal with in the coming weeks without another one of these BK bidding saga’s to deal with on top of things. McColl should know (if he doesn’t then should at least meet Green and or his people to discuss it) what is needed and equally should know the fans deserve it to be as painless and quick as possible if a deal is to be done.

What I fear here is exactly what happened with TBK, making bids and trying to get fans onside to put pressure on people (D&P now Green) to accept the bid because it has Rangers men at the helm. We saw how that unfolded when trying to purchase our club on the cheap. We simply do not have the time for this kind of saga again, players need to know what is happening or they could pack up and go, fans need to know also.

99.9% of us would love it for Walter and his men to have our club because it seems a much safer bet than an unknown businessman who knows little to nothing about our club BUT in hindsight we had so called Rangers men at the helm before and look where we are today!

I pray this is not a drawn out saga played out in the media because it will be excruciating and will split fans yet again, if it’s to happen then get it done and we can plan ahead.

"Go with us we are Rangers men through and through and only want whats best for the club, those other guys dont care about Rangers"

Ok fair enough. Make a good bid buy the club and make everyone happy all in the one go.

Embarrassing bid if true.

Get round the table. :disappointment:

That should be our Mantra -

Smith et al and Green - get round the table and get it sorted

SFA/ Rangers - get round the table and get it sorted

SPL Chairmen/Rangers - get round the table and get it sorted

Its time for some sensible head thinking and no more postulating - lets get back to football and ONE of the things we need to do - everyone - is stop fighting our corner and - get round the table and get a solution!

Side note: I wonder if ACAS would be a way to go for the SPL / Us / SFA! some sort of professional mediation / negotiation.

Ohh goody, the roundabout has been set spinning again !!!

We have been here before folks, there is a value that the seller wants, obviously there will be haggling involved but why would you offer sucha derisory low figure which will be laughed straight out of court & actually gives some (well, me !!) the impression that you aren't actually serious about this at all.

The Blue Knights did exactly the same thing, talked a great game, went to the press & the support to get them onside & backing them, getting them to apply pressure to the seller (administrator) so as they could get the club for less than other parties were willing to pay.

Here we have McColl et al, running to the press, badmouthing Green & using the fans to apply pressure that will allow them to get the club for a lot less than it's worth.

If you value the club so much & a desperate to ensure its ongoing survival, then you do what needs to be done, you submit a bid that can't be ignored !!

It's not a difficult leap to conclude that Green wants £20m but would likely take somewhere between £12-15m, so why not bid at £10m to begin with, start at the figure the sellers say it has cost them THEN negotiate.

You are at least offering to cover their costs, showing the seller & the support that it's a serious bid, from that point you play hardball.

Why do I feel this saga will continue for weeks ... to-ing & fro-ing, article & counter article in the press, each appealing to the support that their bid is the best one around.

All the while, the club is not moving forward, the club is stagnating & there is no figurehead to negotiate, how can you negotiate with SFA etc if you might not be the owner 2 weeks from now.

A terrible fate for a business is to make the wrong decision, the worst fate for a business is to make no decision at all !!

There is much merit in this.

I see it's now officially McColls bid and not actually Walters.

This offer if true, is derisory, they know it is derisory, but hope to ramp up the pressure to steal the club from Green.

I very much doubt Green will sell it for anything less than £12m, so we'll see a huge increase in stories slating Green and demonising him as the big greedy baddie.

This whole McColl saga is leaving a bad taste in the mouth and you have to wonder if they are the sort of people we want in the club. Walter has already indicated he isn't going to be involved post-sale, and is just a figurehead on the bid.

I want Walter, I don't want TBK2.

Ever heard of haggling?

Ask him what he wants and meets somewhere in the middle.

All happy win, win. Thats good business with all parties appeased.

The business you like is the vulture capitalist method of low bids and dodgy tactics.

We are Rangers and should be better than that imo.

Had enough bad business to last a lifetime at the club.

Wont haggle. . . . BERT!!

"Go with us we are Rangers men through and through and only want whats best for the club, those other guys dont care about Rangers"

Ok fair enough. Make a good bid buy the club and make everyone happy all in the one go.

I cannot possibly say that the owners do not care about Rangers.