[b]Ranger may escape sanctions from the SPL for their financial meltdown. [/b

North Rd

RANGERS may escape sanctions from the SPL for their financial meltdown.

Someone agree with me!!!!!

Join the conversation

The top-flight clubs meet on Wednesday to discuss changes to Financial Fair Play rules.

If approved, newco clubs would be deducted ten points for their first two seasons and denied 75 per cent of league sponsorship and broadcasting income for three years.

But it has been claimed that is not covered in the current rules of the League.

The SPL’s own Articles presently say the SPL can’t punish a Rangers newco with a points deduction or cash penalty.

SPL chief executive Neil Doncaster said: “There’s all sorts of different twists and turns which could arise and I won’t predict what might or might not happen.

“There are many things that could, and no doubt will, occur over the next few weeks.

“We respond according to our rulebook. The clubs set that could, and no doubt will, occur over the next few weeks.

“We respond according to our rulebook. The clubs set that rulebook, they agree them and we administer them.

“I understand some people don’t like the rulebook, but the clubs set the rules and they’re what we have to abide by.

Read more: http://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/scotsol/homepage/sport/spl/4340520/SPL-may-let-newco-avoid-rap.html#ixzz1yBInrfT7

Cmon guys, can anyone dispute this statement.

I can't bud,but thanks ever so much for your determination and endeavour today in all your posts,ive learned a few things, i appreciate it ! you're doing some great research!

My utmost respect!

we should go the american way and get some good lawyer's and sue at every oppertunity.we have seen with the sfa that they played the game poorly and were punished in court. let's hope the spl make the same mistake and we sue them rotten.i would hate to think that green is going round with the begging bowl willing to except whatever sanction just to stay in the spl.i hope he is telling them he'll see them in court and if the spl seaon is delayed or postboned in the process so be it.

North Rd, they DID vote.

http://sport.stv.tv/football/clubs/rangers/103942-spl-clubs-approve-new-financial-fair-play-rules-after-meeting-at-hampden/

can we close this thread? it's just spreading misinformation.

The SPL voted that they can apply sanctions as they see fit to newcos.

Yes, sorry, lock post please........