Where now for the RST?

I think the RST, the Assembly and the Association still have a roll to play, but it MUST be under the unbrella of a new supporters organisation that is representative of the support as a whole - however, problematic that may be to achieve.

The RST in particular has suffered badly at the hands of particular individuals who are concerned only with self aggandisement, and that's regrettable because the aims and objectives of the RST are laudable.

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Anti campaign don't make me laugh! Can u imagine any of the money men standing at the head of a march with megaphone blastin out' greenie oot oot oot'!! No they just get others to do their bidding for them bunch of sado's

I'm a bit confused by your post bud......can you explain it please.

Can RM release a statement on behalf of all users against the RST? What if 100 RM users are RST members and believe in it.

RM won't be issuing a statement about the RST. We're completely apolitical and don't - as a site - take a position on anything like this. Our members range from RST board members to vocal anti-RST campaigners, how could we possibly represent them in a statement?

We all have our individual views, and we are proud to be a site that allows all those views to be aired. We don't give statements on "RM's opinion" because it simply doesn't exist.

The one exception I can think of was the RFFF, we fully supported that and made a donation of £1872 to it as soon as it started. I don't think any members objected.

RM as a site is neutral. Whilst our admin/mods are fans, and naturally have an opinion, we all differ.

If people want to use this site a vehicle to drum up a cause, they are more than welcome to, as are people to criticise or support that cause.

I've just posted similar, at least we're singing from the same hymnsheet! :)

RM won't be issuing a statement about the RST. We're completely apolitical and don't - as a site - take a position on anything like this. Our members range from RST board members to vocal anti-RST campaigners, how could we possibly represent them in a statement?

We all have our individual views, and we are proud to be a site that allows all those views to be aired. We don't give statements on "RM's opinion" because it simply doesn't exist.

The one exception I can think of was the RFFF, we fully supported that and made a donation of £1872 to it as soon as it started. I don't think any members objected.

Hand wringers :)

Some of you on here are a disgrace, filled with your own self importance absolutely ripping apart fellow rangers supporters. Like children if the RST takes a stance on something the wee angry types on here will take the opposite view.

I joined and left the RST years ago as I wanted then to take the fight to Murray years ago. They never did this but I never doubted these guys were Rangers fans.

The support for Green by some on here is nonsensical , like Murray and Whyte he cannot be trusted in what is good for our team. His only interest is cash and a return for his investors.

To then read people on here being critical of Walter Smith is beyond a joke. Probably our best manager since Struth and complete nobodies on here are questioning his motives???

The plan for a rally in support of Smith was probably premature and far too early, however the boycott of season tickets I totally agree with. Green and his group need to sell for a small profit to Smith's group as we need Rangers men running the club who are prepared to take a hit for a few years and be able to cope with not being in the SPL.

Once again cannot believe some of the self important twats on this board at times.

Some of you on here are a disgrace, filled with your own self importance absolutely ripping apart fellow rangers supporters. Like children if the RST takes a stance on something the wee angry types on here will take the opposite view.

I joined and left the RST years ago as I wanted then to take the fight to Murray years ago. They never did this but I never doubted these guys were Rangers fans.

The support for Green by some on here is nonsensical , like Murray and Whyte he cannot be trusted in what is good for our team. His only interest is cash and a return for his investors.

To then read people on here being critical of Walter Smith is beyond a joke. Probably our best manager since Struth and complete nobodies on here are questioning his motives???

The plan for a rally in support of Smith was probably premature and far too early, however the boycott of season tickets I totally agree with. Green and his group need to sell for a small profit to Smith's group as we need Rangers men running the club who are prepared to take a hit for a few years and be able to cope with not being in the SPL.

Once again cannot believe some of the self important twats on this board at times.

A disgrace is it........................yet this organisation makes statements out with their remit.......as in this March is Pro Rangers.......maybe in their very very very limited numbers.

That is a sweeping statement on Green that he cannot be trusted............. what do you base that rather personal attack on?

No one on here has questioned rst are not Rangers fans , mor to the fact that thier self righteous statements that they speak for the Rangers fans...................Critical of Walter Smith I have not read a post personally with anyone attacking Walter Smith.............end of the day he is a Rangers fan just like you and I.the fact he managed the club is not relevant as to what has been going on just now.

Has he been offered the Chairmanship of the Football side of things from Geeen Y/N

Have McColl/Park been asked to get round the table and discuss investing their £6m into the club.............after all they do not want to own the club, but merely have Rangers men involved...well Malcolm Murray as Plc Chairman..Walter as Chairman of Football Board and his own appointments with him..........McColl/Park sitting in on PLC Board with a bluenose Chairman.

Yet here we have you calling for fans not to purchase a season book that as well as being a benefit to the club would allow these fans to watch that team....yes the team.

Your last one is very strange , yet when people pass a similar thought on the people running the rst you actually turn on these guys for saying the same as you finish your post on.

Green's group don't "need" to anything.

Walter is a great guy and he fully deserves a long, happy retirement with all our best wishes.

Hi the point i was trying to make was let's give the new management a chance to put things right, their being pre judged before they have had a chance to pull the club around 'no offence ment'

No .as never any taken .............you made a point and have explained it................I have the same point if view 00000042.gif

I would not give Green the steam from my shit never mind money. All he is interested in like whyte before is too try and make money. He is a bit more intelligent than Whyte, however they are still out for the same thing and he doesn't care what state the team is in as long as he makes a profit. McColl is no fool and invests his money wisely he wants a fit and healthy Rangers. He isn't in it for a fast buck, he just wants the team he loves out of the mess they are in.

As for chairmanship of the football team, come on Gordon Smith was tainted getting into bed with Whyte, Walter isn't that daft.

I want a ban on season tickets as it is our only tool as a fan to have a say. green is desperate for our funds and doesn't have the investment needed to run the club efficiently. It would be whyte mark 2.

As for the team pish, don't give me that shit the players would probably join the support as they do not want the uncertainty we have had over the last few years carrying on, which it would with Green.

I will not take back my view that this board is full of contrary wee nomarks who either are jealous of people getting involved with fans groups, or have been banned from FF for some reason.

It is this in fighting that has allowed the support to sit back and allow crooks to wreck Rangers football Club, the support should put aside all their petty shit and try to secure the long term security of the team we are supposed to love.

A disgrace is it........................yet this organisation makes statements out with their remit.......as in this March is Pro Rangers.......maybe in their very very very limited numbers.

That is a sweeping statement on Green that he cannot be trusted............. what do you base that rather personal attack on?

No one on here has questioned rst are not Rangers fans , mor to the fact that thier self righteous statements that they speak for the Rangers fans...................Critical of Walter Smith I have not read a post personally with anyone attacking Walter Smith.............end of the day he is a Rangers fan just like you and I.the fact he managed the club is not relevant as to what has been going on just now.

Has he been offered the Chairmanship of the Football side of things from Geeen Y/N

Have McColl/Park been asked to get round the table and discuss investing their £6m into the club.............after all they do not want to own the club, but merely have Rangers men involved...well Malcolm Murray as Plc Chairman..Walter as Chairman of Football Board and his own appointments with him..........McColl/Park sitting in on PLC Board with a bluenose Chairman.

Yet here we have you calling for fans not to purchase a season book that as well as being a benefit to the club would allow these fans to watch that team....yes the team.

Your last one is very strange , yet when people pass a similar thought on the people running the rst you actually turn on these guys for saying the same as you finish your post on.

For the record, I hear from within RST ranks that Dingwall is steadfastly refusing members' calls for him to step down.

Some RST board members have grown extremeley weary of his malign influence and wish he would just go now before damaging the trust irrevocably.

I would not give Green the steam from my shit never mind money. All he is interested in like whyte before is too try and make money. He is a bit more intelligent than Whyte, however they are still out for the same thing and he doesn't care what state the team is in as long as he makes a profit. McColl is no fool and invests his money wisely he wants a fit and healthy Rangers. He isn't in it for a fast buck, he just wants the team he loves out of the mess they are in.

As for chairmanship of the football team, come on Gordon Smith was tainted getting into bed with Whyte, Walter isn't that daft.

I want a ban on season tickets as it is our only tool as a fan to have a say. green is desperate for our funds and doesn't have the investment needed to run the club efficiently. It would be whyte mark 2.

As for the team pish, don't give me that shit the players would probably join the support as they do not want the uncertainty we have had over the last few years carrying on, which it would with Green.

I will not take back my view that this board is full of contrary wee nomarks who either are jealous of people getting involved with fans groups, or have been banned from FF for some reason.

It is this in fighting that has allowed the support to sit back and allow crooks to wreck Rangers football Club, the support should put aside all their petty shit and try to secure the long term security of the team we are supposed to love.

Which of these two camps are you in then, mate?

Who needs enemies when you have pricks like this in our support

Although I do get a whiff of Declan

:shifty:

For the record, I hear from within RST ranks that Dingwall is steadfastly refusing members' calls for him to step down.

Some RST board members have grown extremeley weary of his malign influence and wish he would just go now before damaging the trust irrevocably.

see what I mean the hatred is dripping from this one

Like a gossiping woman giving ammo for all celtic fans to take the push.

How does going on about shit like this help Rangers in any way, apart from creating divisions amongst the support?

I am no fan of Mark and much preferred David or Chris as a spokesman for the Rangers support (I am sorry the jealous type, the fans do need a spokesman)

however this is just incredibly annoying and shows clearly why the support has been like a limp dick, and not up to the job.

You should be ashamed of yourself posting shit like this.

How does going on about shit like this help Rangers in any way, apart from creating divisions amongst the support?

I am no fan of Mark and much preferred David or Chris as a spokesman for the Rangers support (I am sorry the jealous type, the fans do need a spokesman)

however this is just incredibly annoying and shows clearly why the support has been like a limp dick, and not up to the job.

Whereas your post at 0928 is inclusive and wouldn't give your fellow Bheast fans any reason to knock one out?

Who needs enemies when you have pricks like this in our support

Although I do get a whiff of Declan

:shifty:

Your own fud it must be, I post as Jaws II on FF and I don't have to justify my credentials to you.

As for your wee insult us pricks must be in the majority as your views are only held by self important nobodies.

So what did you get banned permanently from FF for, to hold your childish wee grudge?

They've been actively pushing (well, one of them has :rolleyes: ) for this demo' to take place - you know, the "we're not complaining about Charles Green (well, we are actually), this is just a pro-Walter gathering"....and now it has been cancelled.

This group claims to represent (and speak on behalf of) the Rangers support.

They aren't doing a very good job.

Where do they go from here?

The RST concept is a good one - the management, operation and (dare I say) corporate governance have made it unfit for purpose!

The RFFF should absorb the RST - and then be utilised as a focal point for fans IMHO

So you're calling for fan unity, yes?

In that case, explain to me how one of your named spokesmen writing a threatening newspaper article calling for the new owner to sell up after 3 days at the club promotes unity? Explain to me how your friend Mark's policy of excluding any view which doesn't tally with his own fosters this spirit of unity?

Dingwall, a man who makes his living selling unofficial Rangers merchandise thus robbing the club of much-needed revenue, is a poisonous influence whose own members hate him. Fan unity would be far better served if he was thrown out of any fans' body

And you don't like gossip? Tough, here comes some more. I hear the great Mark has now fallen majorly foul of a much-respected ex-player and ECWC winner. It will be very interesting to see if MD departs from any representative positions in the near future.

The RST concept is a good one - the management, operation and (dare I say) corporate governance have made it unfit for purpose!

The RFFF should absorb the RST - and then be utilised as a focal point for fans IMHO

Now that I totally agree with. One group of Rangers fans for one purpose keeping Rangers and our history secure, and being able to mobilise the support politically and economically when someone puts it under threat.