Where now for the RST?

If you knew my posts on FF you would know I was no supporter of the Blue Knights.

Paul Murray, Dave King they are tainted to me with their involvement with Murray.

How would/will you feel if either of them are involved in this new consortium?

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

In the exact same position, but with TBK/Kennedy in charge.

The notion that it was Green or bust is rubbish, TBK had 2 bids accepted only for D&P move the goalposts, they would have got it, their CVA would have been knocked back, and we'd be in the exact same position. Green got picked because his offer had better terms, if he hadn't been their TBKs inferior offer would have been PB status.

And I say that as someone who is no fan of TBKs bid.

debear - the TBK'S being in charge would have left us in a weaker position financially as they didn't have any financial clout or in the case of Kennedy didn't want to spend their cash

You have to wonder why McColl kept them at arms length

Personally I was in favour of Kennedy but in the cold light of day only Green stepped up to the plate and he should be applauded for that and given cautious support

In the absence of any business plan from the Wattie consortium and their apparent reticence to commit to owning the club or investing serious cash I genuinely think we have no alternative but to cautiously back him.

Even King seems to be softening his approach to him

The ideal situation would be for those two and McColl to sit round a table and sort it out

Green has stated that no one person should own more than 15% so what have they got to fear?

He has invited them all to come on board

It's hardly the words and actions of an asset stripper

Green is no not much better than whyte and did he leave Sheffield in a healthier state with a better team?

He does not need a successful team to make money and will immediately sell our main assets for small amounts if he stays in charge.

I am trying to say to posters on here that there in no in house debates with fellow Rangers fans, it is just blinkered hatred off Mark Dingwall that makes them take the opposite view of all things.

Get back into the trust then and get him punted.

McColl is no Yes man and is in it for one interest RANGERS, he is aware he will not make money out of us but cannot bare to see us die.

You need to understand Billy that not all the concerns raised on here are done so on the sole basis of a dislike of Mark Dingwall.

There are genuine concerns regarding the running and governance of the RST whcih have eroded confidence in it more than any 1 individual ever could.

for someone that cannot bear to see us die he hasn't done much since February to keep us alive has he

He is here precisely because he doesn't like the direction Green is taking the club. If he thought Green had good intentions he'd happily step aside. We have the opportunity to back owners who offer financial security and have the clubs best interests at heart. It's an opportunity we cannot miss and if there's any way we can influence Mr Green's decision then we should do it. If that means withholding season ticket money then so be it. I don't think he'll hang around for long once he knows the fans will not support his regime.

He is here precisely because he doesn't like the direction Green is taking the club. If he thought Green had good intentions he'd happily step aside. We have the opportunity to back owners who offer financial security and have the clubs best interests at heart. It's an opportunity we cannot miss and if there's any way we can influence Mr Green's decision then we should do it. If that means withholding season ticket them so be it. I don't think he'll hang around for long once he knows the fans will not support his regime.

we will have to wait and see Gunslinger i guess.

I will not take back my view that this board is full of contrary wee nomarks who either are jealous of people getting involved with fans groups, or have been banned from FF for some reason.

Why would anyone be jealous of people getting involved with fans groups? Are these exclusive groups or are they open to all? As far as I can see, anyone can get involved with the RST for the sum of £10 per year. I did.

Some members on here have been banned from FF, that's for sure. I'm not going to get into why they think they got banned, or why FF thinks they got banned. There are two sides to every story and I've never been banned from FF (or any other site) so can't give a first-hand opinion. Some of these people will harbour resentment, but if you think those are the only people who disagree with what is (and has been) happening with the RST, you are sadly mistaken and only willing to look from one viewpoint.

Your calls for unity while aiming insults at Rangers fans who don't agree with your personal opinion are saddening to see. How do you justify that to yourself?

debear - the TBK'S being in charge would have left us in a weaker position financially as they didn't have any financial clout or in the case of Kennedy didn't want to spend their cash

You have to wonder why McColl kept them at arms length

Personally I was in favour of Kennedy but in the cold light of day only Green stepped up to the plate and he should be applauded for that and given cautious support

In the absence of any business plan from the Wattie consortium and their apparent reticence to commit to owning the club or investing serious cash I genuinely think we have no alternative but to cautiously back him.

Even King seems to be softening his approach to him

The ideal situation would be for those two and McColl to sit round a table and sort it out

Green has stated that no one person should own more than 15% so what have they got to fear?

He has invited them all to come on board

It's hardly the words and actions of an asset stripper

There seems to be a notion that it was Green or oblivion, which I believe is garbage.

I'm not sure about being stronger financially, Green has pretty much admitted that there isn't huge investment, and they don't have huge amounts either.

I've no issue with Green really, I do have an issue with the timing of McColl, etcs bid, and their relucatance to appear before now and the manner in which they are conducting their bid using the fans

I think its unlikely that the 2 groups could works together, as Greens group is looking to make profit to take out for investors, whereas McColl, etc aren't looking to take out, so that clash could stop things.

My preference, when I look at pros and cons of both, to take us forward, is McColl, no doubts.

But I think the best thing, for the time being, would be the groups to join, then Green can go quietly in a years time with some cash in his hip when its all dies down.

when that guy is no more I will be happy and how you sanction this repulsive guy well 'nuff said.

Who the hell do I sanction?

I have no connection to Mark or the RST. I post on the same forum as him and that's where it ends.

It's time for you to put this nonsense aside and look at the bigger picture. Mark Dingwall is not the issue here. We've got far bigger issues to deal with right now than who represents the RST.

They've been actively pushing (well, one of them has :rolleyes: ) for this demo' to take place - you know, the "we're not complaining about Charles Green (well, we are actually), this is just a pro-Walter gathering"....and now it has been cancelled.

This group claims to represent (and speak on behalf of) the Rangers support.

They aren't doing a very good job.

Where do they go from here?

how about going to the planet zircon 5

There seems to be a notion that it was Green or oblivion, which I believe is garbage.

I'm not sure about being stronger financially, Green has pretty much admitted that there isn't huge investment, and they don't have huge amounts either.

I've no issue with Green really, I do have an issue with the timing of McColl, etcs bid, and their relucatance to appear before now and the manner in which they are conducting their bid using the fans

I think its unlikely that the 2 groups could works together, as Greens group is looking to make profit to take out for investors, whereas McColl, etc aren't looking to take out, so that clash could stop things.

My preference, when I look at pros and cons of both, to take us forward, is McColl, no doubts.

But I think the best thing, for the time being, would be the groups to join, then Green can go quietly in a years time with some cash in his hip when its all dies down.

I think that's what I said :)

We are pawns in all this shit

At the end of the day we support the football club and not whatever businessman is running it at any particular time

Withholding our financial support is not "supporting"

Who the hell do I sanction?

I have no connection to Mark or the RST. I post on the same forum as him and that's where it ends.

It's time for you to put this nonsense aside and look at the bigger picture. Mark Dingwall is not the issue here. We've got far bigger issues to deal with right now than who represents the RST.

As long as they keep making statements and putting them across like they have the backing of the support , then yes I will continual to put my tuppence worth in, after all are we not on a forum with frank and free discussion......I know you got banned.oops! soz GS got banned but that was after a number of warnings not a knee jerk reaction nor was he baited as a self exiled poster seems to thinkbiggrin.gif

And you support for a man that is nothing short of a disgrace is admirable if not somewhat wayward biggrin.gif

Your own fud it must be, I post as Jaws II on FF and I don't have to justify my credentials to you.

As for your wee insult us pricks must be in the majority as your views are only held by self important nobodies.

Ah might be a nobody, but I'm nobody's fukkin nobody!!!! :crabflute: :crabflute:

I think that's what I said :)

We are pawns in all this shit

At the end of the day we support the football club and not whatever businessman is running it at any particular time

Withholding our financial support is not "supporting"

Yeah, it would probably have been quicker and easier to type, "I agree!".

What I don't like is this ransom thing, there was no talk of withoolding season tickets til Smith appeared, now Green is some evil overlord that we shouldn't give money too. Count me out of that one.

Yeah, it would probably have been quicker and easier to type, "I agree!".

What I don't like is this ransom thing, there was no talk of withoolding season tickets til Smith appeared, now Green is some evil overlord that we shouldn't give money too. Count me out of that one.

Smith should have made his bid behind closed doors and not through the press.

Life would have been so much simpler.

Smith should have made his bid behind closed doors and not through the press.

Life would have been so much simpler.

Exactly. As should Paul Murry but instead these two great Rangers men went running to fat Traynor and the rest of the anti-Rangers media to spread the word.

If they really want to own Rangers, they should try behaving with the appropriate class and dignity. Then they may encounter less opposition.

You obviously cannot read. If you think Green is for unity you are off your rocker pal.

He wants to rip shake the club to see how much money he can get out of us like he tried with Sheffield.

Some of you should get over your love to hate relationship with dingwall, and get back to support your club.

McColl and Walter are Rangers to the core, Green is an asset stripper to the core with backers equally as dodgy as him.

You and other likeminded people in the trust have done more damage to the club than good. Abolish the fucking thing, it's an irrelevance. Dictating a portion of our fans to withhold from buying season tickets if Green is in charge was despicable and does fuck-all in terms of preserving the rangers. It's an outdated organisation with childish, amateurish leaders who are not close to being qualified to represent our support. Dingwall is an embarrassment and his predecessor was an embarrassment. No point.

I keep saying this forum has more loyal followers than the rst do if it's right they have 1500 members as of six weeks back, how on earth did the paper® the day get the ten thousand marchers were meant for yoday

surprised, and they won't.

Would/will you still support the consortium as strongly if either (or both) of these 'tainted' (your word) people are involved? What if Walter distances himself from it? He already has to some extent, going from 'leading a bid' to not being involved in the ongoing running of the club. I'd be surprised if he's not bitterly disappointed in the way this has unfolded.