Where now for the RST?

This group claims to represent (and speak on behalf of) the Rangers support.

I must admit I don't study them as forensically as a lot of rm's posters, but I have never heard them make this claim.

It would be a foolish thing for anybody to claim in my opinion.

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

He is here precisely because he doesn't like the direction Green is taking the club. If he thought Green had good intentions he'd happily step aside.

Well after today's announcement either Green is the real deal or McColl and Park are simply full of the same shite that Mini Murray and Brian Kennedy were

Well after today's announcement either Green is the real deal or McColl and Park are simply full of the same shite that Mini Murray and Brian Kennedy were

I dont see what the late bid offered Bar Walter Smith.

I dont know the new owners plans either other than to sell up at one point

When we are strong and then they will sell............................like veryone else who has appeared on the scene...............everyone is reliant on season book money..............and a share issue. Alos would be a look at sponsorship deals and look at the team and getting into Europe hopefully on a regular basis.

We had no clue whatsoever about the failed consortium...all we knew was that McColl/Park and unnamed others had made finds available for the acquisition of the assets.....................not one comment on running costs.

When we are strong and then they will sell............................like veryone else who has appeared on the scene...............everyone is reliant on season book money..............and a share issue. Alos would be a look at sponsorship deals and look at the team and getting into Europe hopefully on a regular basis.

We had no clue whatsoever about the failed consortium...all we knew was that McColl/Park and unnamed others had made finds available for the acquisition of the assets.....................not one comment on running costs.

Not one comment from any of the consortiums and that includes the ones owning the club and tbh they are the ones we should worry most about. Dont have a clue why you mention Walters one its fuck all to do with them.

Not one comment from any of the consortiums and that includes the ones owning the club and tbh they are the ones we should worry most about. Dont have a clue why you mention Walters one its fuck all to do with them.

Others on here seem to think they are lurking still .................what do you expect the owners to come out and say..............we knocked back an unwarranted and ridiculous excuse for a bid. Think they have enough on their plates just now after the sideshow we have endured since Thursday 003.gif

Sorry bud .just noticed this in official site

MALCOLM MURRAY, Chairman of The Rangers Football Club, issued the following statement today.

He said: "On behalf of the Board of Directors I would like to reaffirm the long term commitment of the investors who acquired the Club last week.

"The consortium is wholly committed to rebuilding Rangers and their investment is regarded as a strategic long-term project.

"As I have said previously I am not in this for personal gain and what is of paramount importance is the Club regains stability both in financial and footballing terms.

"Since the announcement last week by the Walter Smith consortium, our position as a Board has been clear in that we would welcome constructive dialogue with all those involved.

"The Green consortium said last Thursday evening that it was not looking for a sale and that is the view of the investors.

"We can however say to supporters that the assurances the Walter Smith consortium are looking for regarding financial probity and high standards of corporate governance will be met.

"Following the announcement today on behalf of the Walter Smith consortium, the Board would urge all Rangers fans to now get behind the Club.

"We have huge issues to address in terms of the Club's status within the SPL and SFA and it is important that we unite prior to decisions being taken about the Club's future by the football authorities.

"We continue to welcome any input from members of the Walter Smith consortium or other stakeholders who have Rangers interests at heart.

"These matters are of critical importance to us all as Rangers fans. All fans, myself included, have gone through enough anguish in the last year and it is now time to move forward.

"The most important thing of all is working together to deliver a successful future for Rangers and Scottish football.

"I have had good discussions today with Ally McCoist, Sandy Jardine and members of the Rangers Fans Fighting Fund and all are agreed, it is important for the Club to move forward."

Charles Green, Chief Executive added: "I fully recognise there is a huge job to be done to rebuild the trust between the fans and the Club which has been badly broken.

"I will do everything I can to help rebuild Rangers and the most important challenges we face at the moment are about our future and what league we play in.

"I can assure fans that I will work tirelessly in the interests of the Club to secure its future."

Others on here seem to think they are lurking still .................what do you expect the owners to come out and say..............we knocked back an unwarranted and ridiculous excuse for a bid. Think they have enough on their plates just now after the sideshow we have endured since Thursday 003.gif

Again its nothing to do with Walter or Ng or joe pasquale. I want to know how they will fund Rangers, who their backers are and what the plans for the future are. The CVA "excuse" is out the window so now whats stopping them??

No matter who is/was going to be in charge we must demand these answers from everyone. I will not be commiting to a ST now untill i have full knowledge of where my money will be going. Unfortunately for me i cant spunk 440 quid or whatever for another CW scenario

Now that I totally agree with. One group of Rangers fans for one purpose keeping Rangers and our history secure, and being able to mobilise the support politically and economically when someone puts it under threat.

Sounds like a job for VB's.

Agree?

Again its nothing to do with Walter or Ng or joe pasquale. I want to know how they will fund Rangers, who their backers are and what the plans for the future are. The CVA "excuse" is out the window so now whats stopping them??

No matter who is/was going to be in charge we must demand these answers from everyone. I will not be commiting to a ST now untill i have full knowledge of where my money will be going. Unfortunately for me i cant spunk 440 quid or whatever for another CW scenario

You were told those name last Thursday.................Zeus Capital..............Glenmuir ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,and the people previously mentioned and no doubt others will be added....................did you know who was going to fund the running costs fro the club if McColl/Park had won the day?

He's neither, I can assure you. He's a well known poster on FF.

He only wants what's best for the club and what's best for the club is Walter's consortium taking over. Some folk over here are unable to see that due to their hatred of Mark Dingwall and the RST. I find it staggering that people are backing Green over Walter.

Any chance you could list Walters business credentials, alongside Greens, then we can compare who is best qualified to run a multi million pound business such as Rangers FC?

I'll give you that Walter wins the "Rangers Man" battle hands down.

You were told those name last Thursday.................Zeus Capital..............Glenmuir ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,and the people previously mentioned and no doubt others will be added....................did you know who was going to fund the running costs fro the club if McColl/Park had won the day?

No matter who is/was going to be in charge we must demand these answers from everyone.

Where did the rst come from? Who elected them as our spokesmen for all the rangers support? Anytime something happens and they want the fans view they got to these guys.

Was the rst that started all that 'we deserve better' stuff a few year ago when we were trying to sell Boyd?

I have come to understand your passion for the club since I have been a member on here and know you speak your mind........ which I also do........but (yip) I do not think the same hullabaloo would have accompanied these other people..............................

all I want like every other Rangers fan is to have this shambles we have been living with confined to the trash can of history,

I got lifetime ban for suggesting someone else should be put on the board if we got a fan on the board ! lifetime ban for that ? I asked why ? you guessed it , no reply.

How can anyone be happy with him "speaking for the fans" when he doesn`t even go to the games. I`ve been a season ticket holder for 25 years yet this no mark who

doesn`t go to the games thinks he can speak for me. Time to bin FF and RST and have the RFF start a forum and have a fans spokesman come from there.

Pre requisite is the spokesman must go to the games.