Napoli went into the 3rd division in Italy and started again.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Napoli weren't even allowed their own "history" back until they bought it back 2 years later. They're definitely a success story.

We should look at them and see what they done. Was that not the 1st time they where in Europe aswell last year?

And look how far they got.

The club returned to Serie A after gaining promotion in the 1999–2000 season, though after a closely contested relegation battle they were relegated back down.[13] They failed to gain promotion following this and slipped further down. By August 2004, Napoli was declared bankrupt with debts estimated up to €70 million.[30] To secure football in the city, film producer Aurelio De Laurentiis refounded the club under the name Napoli Soccer,[5] as they were not allowed to use their old name. FIGC placed Napoli in Serie C1, where they missed out on promotion after losing 2–1 in play-offs to local rivals Avellino.[2]

Despite the fact that Napoli were playing in such a low division, they retained higher average attendances than most of the Serie A clubs, breaking the Serie C attendance record with 51,000 at one game.[31] The following season, they secured promotion to Serie B and De Laurentiis bought back the club's history, restoring its name to Società Sportiva Calcio Napoli in May 2006.[2] After just one season back in Serie B, they were promoted on the final day, along with fellow sleeping giants Genoa.[32] Napoli finished the season placed 8th in the Serie A, enough to secure a place in the Intertoto Cup third round. That same year, Napoli also defeated five major teams, Milan, Internazionale, Juventus, Fiorentina, and Udinese.

Moving to the third division would absolutely cripple us for years. I desperately hope it doesn't happen.

I think we should be allowed to continue in the SPL without any further sanctions. That would seem unlikely though.

One newspaper report claims they're thinking about restructuring the league. They would create an SPL 1 and 2 with us starting in 2.

I don't get all this SPL 2 shit. Would it not just be Division 1 with a different name?

We don't know the details yet. It may not even be that far advanced.I would guess the number of teams in each league would change and the money would be more equally distributed through the two leagues.

Moving to the third division would absolutely cripple us for years.

how would it?

we sell our best players in order to reduce the wage bill down to what is needed for promotion. Flogging Mcgregor, Naismith 7 Davis alone would generate a huge sum and we'd post a massive profit at the end of season 1, considering ticket sales & player sales, while a team of youngsters walks division 3.

it's simply a case of strenghtening each year and then once we get to the SPL it's as you were. The fact is, even in division 3 we will have offer a more attractive opportunity & probably even still beable to afford a better wage bill than the likes of Motherwell. There budget is based upon a couple of income streams, including an average home attendance of 5k. There are teams in the English League 2 (lowest tier above conference) with average attendances upwards of 7k.

Whats the difference in budget between an English div 2 side & Motherwell.... RFC bring in a TV deal and sell out fir park twice a season.

Moving to the third division would absolutely cripple us for years. I desperately hope it doesn't happen.

I think we should be allowed to continue in the SPL without any further sanctions. That would seem unlikely though.

One newspaper report claims they're thinking about restructuring the league. They would create an SPL 1 and 2 with us starting in 2.

Aye us starting in 2 so they keep their Sky deal.

Fuck that.

Divison 3

Utter shite. Staying in the SPL would do that. They will deduct us 15 points for 3 years, we're banned from Europe for 3 years and, we will have our revenue cut by 75%

So how can anyone say we're better off in the SPL?

how would it?

we sell our best players in order to reduce the wage bill down to what is needed for promotion. Flogging Mcgregor, Naismith 7 Davis alone would generate a huge sum and we'd post a massive profit at the end of season 1, considering ticket sales & player sales, while a team of youngsters walks division 3.

it's simply a case of strenghtening each year and then once we get to the SPL it's as you were. The fact is, even in division 3 we will have offer a more attractive opportunity & probably even still beable to afford a better wage bill than the likes of Motherwell. There budget is based upon a couple of income streams, including an average home attendance of 5k. There are teams in the English League 2 (lowest tier above conference) with average attendances upwards of 7k.

Whats the difference in budget between an English div 2 side & Motherwell.... RFC bring in a TV deal and sell out fir park twice a season.

I think it's very unlikely we'll get anything for those players.. Fraser Wishart is adamant they can leave for free.

We'd lose almost every first team player. Even the youngsters like Ness and McCabe would be off. They won't put their careers on hold for three years to play in the Scottish lower leagues and any youngsters below them who impressed would be quickly snapped up.

Ultimately we'd need to build the team from scratch and we'd be mainly looking towards lower league players. Attendances would drop to an all time low and ticket prices would have to be reduced.

We'd be lucky to cover the running costs of Ibrox and Murray Park never mind turn a profit.

As I said, it would be disastrous and anyone who thinks otherwise clearly hasn't thought it through.

I think it's very unlikely we'll get anything for those players.. Fraser Wishart is adamant they can leave for free.

We'd lose almost every first team player. Even the youngsters like Ness and McCabe would be off. They won't put their careers on hold for three years to play in the Scottish lower leagues and any youngsters below them who impressed would be quickly snapped up.

Ultimately we'd need to build the team from scratch and we'd be mainly looking towards lower league players. Attendances would drop to an all time low and ticket prices would have to be reduced.

We'd be lucky to cover the running costs of Ibrox and Murray Park never mind turn a profit.

As I said, it would one disastrous and anyone who thinks otherwise clearly hasn't though it through properly.

Nice try taig boy now fuck off back to kerry fail street.

Utter shite. Staying in the SPL would do that. They will deduct us 15 points for 3 years, we're banned from Europe for 3 years and, we will have our revenue cut by 75%

So how can anyone say we're better off in the SPL?

You don't know what the outcome will be, none of us do. You're assuming the worst. You may be surprised. Let's wait and see.

If we were given the punishments you say then yes there's an argument for moving down to the third division.

I'm not a taig, just being realistic. Moving to the third division would cripple is for years.

Look, I don't think there should be any further punishments but all we can do is wait and see.

Right then, tell me how u think the SPL is better for us than the 3rd division?

Right then, tell me how u think the SPL is better for us than the 3rd division?

Haven't I already explained that?

Your opinion is based on the club receiving severe sanctions. Can I please remind you that no sanctions have been handed out. It is possible we could stay in the SPL without further sanctions.