Napoli went into the 3rd division in Italy and started again.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

We have already had points deducted though which was standard punishment. Now they want to deduct points off us for 3 years.

I genuinely hope they put us to div 3 and doc us points there too, that way we are out of the spl longer and even MORE clubs will have gone.

Jees I can't believe how bitter I have become :disappointment:

I'm well up for the 3rd division as i don't want to play in the SPL against these backstabbin bastards...i'll end up in the jail every week.

Watch for a crazed lunatic heading accross the park to kill Steven Thompson next time we play they Dundee wankers.

I tend to agree with PaulRFC1 here. It would be great to get back into the SPL without any sanctions but I can't see it and I think, for shedding the debt by having to start a newco, it's probably reasonable that (like Leeds) we are hit with a points penalty.

I do take on board the points that, we've been royally fucked over by two absolute cunts and the point Ricky made about HMRC but the problem is the others won't see it that way.

We see it as we've been absolutely mismanaged by two bastards whom, if you gave us the choice of paying out EBTs and winning titles or not paying EBTs we would go with not paying EBTs every time.

I think a points deduction is a reasonable compromise, really because the real culprits can't be punished here... But we've ultimately benefitted to some extent from their crooked ways and while its not been us benefitting willingly, we have still benefitted. Which is why I think a points deduction and maybe a small fine is about as fair as possible a punishment. All IMO, of course.

If we start in div 3 were not guaranteed to be promoted every year.

Not one player we have now will stay. Even the younger guys in the squad (ness, mccabe, etc), will move on. We'll have to adjust our squad accordingly.

Ok, we'll get our pick of the best players in that category, but we all know you cant buy a league title.

If we start in div 3 were not guaranteed to be promoted every year.

Not one player we have now will stay.Even the younger guys in the squad (ness, mccabe, etc), will move on. We'll have to adjust our squad accordingly.

Ok, we'll get our pick of the best players in that category, but we all know you cant buy a league title.

:McCulloch: This guy begs to differ.

Look let's face it here! Through absolutley no fault of Ally, us the fans nor these players we are where we are! I would go to the third division, however like Leeds united a one season hit of 15 to 25 points along with the fine, the points deduction last season, the european ban and in general the embarresment suffered by this should be enough of a punishment!

We have got away with a potentially huge debt although suffered the emebarresment of an administration which then led to liquidation. Newco Rangers probably deserve a one season points hit but then again if they don't have rules in place for a newco, don't just start making them up! I hope the rules are re-written incase this happens to anyone else.

If the sanctions they hit us with are to severe I hope we pull out of the leauge but for any would be owner be that Green or Smiths consortium the guarenteed money from the SPL minus european football maybe too much to turn down.

We are between a rock and a hard place at the minute, let's just hope this shit is over in the next few weeks and we can get back to the football

What was the all time low average attendance at Ibrox?

In recent times, I read it was 2,000 for the last game of the season at Ibrox against Partick Thistle in 1979 I think, it was after we lost the league 4-2 to Celtic at Parkhead. I had my doubts, surely 20,000? Certainly we were getting 8-9000 for some games in the early 1980s.

Shuggy

We see it as we've been absolutely mismanaged by two bastards whom, if you gave us the choice of paying out EBTs and winning titles or not paying EBTs we would go with not paying EBTs every time.

I think a points deduction is a reasonable compromise, really because the real culprits can't be punished here... But we've ultimately benefitted to some extent from their crooked ways and while its not been us benefitting willingly, we have still benefitted. Which is why I think a points deduction and maybe a small fine is about as fair as possible a punishment. All IMO, of course.

what rules did the EBT's break? The answer thus far is none. What should also be stressed is that RFC was a PLC. Accounts were submitted to the public every single year. If HMRC & the SPL had a problem with EBT payments they coudl have raised an issue with it at the time and then none of this mess would have transpired at all. Instead they come chapping 10 years later (in hmrc's case) and the SPL decide to investigate it 12 years later.

To say we benefitted is just you subscribing to the scums cry of foul because they can;t stand it we've won more titles than they have. I've heard plenty of them call up the football phone-ins asking for 9IAR to be void, even though 9IAR was won in the 90's well before we ever used an EBT.

EBT's illgal? No.

Against the rules? Wouldn't appear so and there is plenty evidence to suggest many others have used them.

Could we have afforded the same players otherwise? Impossible to say. How much tax did Kris boyd save from a £215k payment from an EBT in the 4 years he spent? Remeber it's the players who saved on tax, not the club, so we could have still paid him the 215k anyway in wages or bonuses, it's just he might have paid about 80k in tax on it, instead of say, 20k. Would an extra 15k or so a year in tax savings really be what swayed Boyd nito signing a contract? Of course not.

what rules did the EBT's break? The answer thus far is none. What should also be stressed is that RFC was a PLC. Accounts were submitted to the public every single year. If HMRC & the SPL had a problem with EBT payments they coudl have raised an issue with it at the time and then none of this mess would have transpired at all. Instead they come chapping 10 years later (in hmrc's case) and the SPL decide to investigate it 12 years later.

To say we benefitted is just you subscribing to the scums cry of foul because they can;t stand it we've won more titles than they have. I've heard plenty of them call up the football phone-ins asking for 9IAR to be void, even though 9IAR was won in the 90's well before we ever used an EBT.

EBT's illgal? No.

Against the rules? Wouldn't appear so and there is plenty evidence to suggest many others have used them.

Could we have afforded the same players otherwise? Impossible to say. How much tax did Kris boyd save from a £215k payment from an EBT in the 4 years he spent? Remeber it's the players who saved on tax, not the club, so we could have still paid him the 215k anyway in wages or bonuses, it's just he might have paid about 80k in tax on it, instead of say, 20k. Would an extra 15k or so a year in tax savings really be what swayed Boyd nito signing a contract? Of course not.

I'm simply going off the hypothetical situation that we will be found guilty of it. I don't mean to sound like we're already guilty, make no mistake I'm very quick to remind folk around me that we've yet to be found guilty of it (though I can't say I don't expect it to happen, the way things are going these days!). We're of course, innocent until proven otherwise.

I wasn't actually suggesting we'd benefited specifically from EBT's, though it was part of what I thought we'd benefited in some degree from because of how I thought EBT's worked. I forgot it was the players who saved on tax, rather than the club, thanks for clearing that up for me. (tu) I wasn't meaning all the bsupposed benefits were just from EBT's, though.

Also, while I take your point on Kris Boyd, I think it would be a little bit naive to believe there weren't certain players who were swayed by the tax savings (there were others who saved more than he did) that they would make and again, that is a benefit of using the EBT's. Of course, we can't say for sure. There's no hard facts to say that certain players did or didn't, it's just an opinion and I'd be surprised if some who saved higher amounts than Boyd on taxes and weren't "Rangers men" weren't swayed by the tax saved.

The whole thing about the taxman chasing us down 10 years later, it smacks of being unfair but I'm really not sure what we can do about it. That's not to say we shouldn't do something, or aren't doing something (they still haven't found us guilty after all) in court already.