celtic fc view on EBT'S

rangersxfc

Celtic plc

Annual Report

Year Ended

30 June 2006

The Celtic plc Employee Benefit Trust was established during 2005 to provide benefits to certain employees,

former employees or their families or any charity. Payments to the Trust are charged to the Group Profit and

Loss Account in the year incurred.

think its about time the SFA call for a investigation into every member clubs finances

Is this the same as ours? I had a quick google and saw some of the unwashed justifying this by saying it was a one off payment at the end of Juninhos contract. Of course everything they say will have a green tint on it hence me looking for clarification. From a legal stabdpoint, what was the difference, if there was one?

Is this the same as ours? I had a quick google and saw some of the unwashed justifying this by saying it was a one off payment at the end of Juninhos contract. Of course everything they say will have a green tint on it hence me looking for clarification. From a legal stabdpoint, what was the difference, if there was one?

surely it doesnt matter if it was used once or a hundred times, it was still used.

Will we be investigating image rights aswell?

all EBT'S are a one off payments juninhos was worth £765,000 also celtic confirmed they did not declare the ebt to the SFA or

the scottish premier league .......undeclared payments are what our media like to call dual contract

Celtic plc

Annual Report

Year Ended

30 June 2006

The Celtic plc Employee Benefit Trust was established during 2005 to provide benefits to certain employees,

former employees or their families or any charity. Payments to the Trust are charged to the Group Profit and

Loss Account in the year incurred.

think its about time the SFA call for a investigation into every member clubs finances

It is very interesting that they charged the payments to the profit and loss account. While HMRC have not been successful in getting the payments taxed on the employees who receive the money where the scheme was done properly, they have been successful in getting them disallowed for corporation tax purposes in the company accounts. Only problem is that if they haven't raised an enquiry into the return, they can't do it now because they are out of time. The only way they could get them is if they had a similar EBT in the most recent set of accounts, and there was something wrong with that tax return. They they can go back to previous years.

It is very interesting that they charged the payments to the profit and loss account. While HMRC have not been successful in getting the payments taxed on the employees who receive the money where the scheme was done properly, they have been successful in getting them disallowed for corporation tax purposes in the company accounts. Only problem is that if they haven't raised an enquiry into the return, they can't do it now because they are out of time. The only way they could get them is if they had a similar EBT in the most recent set of accounts, and there was something wrong with that tax return. They they can go back to previous years.

celtic already done a deal with HMRC that the club and some parts of the media covered up and the man who overseen this is now

top dog at the SFA that can veto any investigation into his club if thats not a conflict of interest what is

It should be all about if you used them or not. Rangers never used them knowingly that they were illegal or wrong. How could they as to date they aren`t illegal or wrong.

Yes, to the tax man.

To the SFA, its about how they were used. If it was a double contract.

There are 2 different things that folk are mixing up.

Yes, to the tax man.

To the SFA, its about how they were used. If it was a double contract.

There are 2 different things that folk are mixing up.

The hmrc issue was raised because they believe we had written contracts with ebt in them it is the same thing. The same thing the sellik lawyers have decided we have a case to answer after one weeks research of docs that fttt have struggled to determine after months go figure

The hmrc issue was raised because they believe we had written contracts with ebt in them it is the same thing. The same thing the sellik lawyers have decided we have a case to answer after one weeks research of docs that fttt have struggled to determine after months go figure

spot on

Juninho aside, I don't think the unwashed did EBTs for players. I looked into it (about a year ago, for 5 minutes) and it looked like they were for non-playing staff only. Delighted to be proved wrong though.

why did they not tell the spl then

Juninho aside, I don't think the unwashed did EBTs for players. I looked into it (about a year ago, for 5 minutes) and it looked like they were for non-playing staff only. Delighted to be proved wrong though.

five minutes for a conclusion, you should be a detective

Stay under the radar ffs.

They aren't getting any Brighter.