Rangers need to get used to not winning anything for years to come.

I understand where you are coming from but did he not invest £20m in us? Think it gives him the right to speak about us more than TBKs etc..

I mean what the end product is here,is it just to say 'I told you so' if Green fucks it up or is he actually going to do something about it?

I'm grateful for his financial input,at least he put his own money in and not the banks.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

King is talking bollocks.

All our players are ridiculously overpaid, and we have a history of paying far too much for players from England and beyond, when there is good young talent right beneath our nose in Scotland, for a fraction of what you would pay from elsewhere (unless we are buying from Dundee Utd).

Spot on mate.

As soon as I read King's comments I had these exact same thoughts. It also cast my mind back to this answer from the Gordon Smith interview when you asked him about medium to long term strategies.

One of the aspects we had to look at was the wage bill being quite high and we had to look at reducing that. I am a great believer of a football clubs wage bill being no more than fifty percent of turnover. Another area was to look at bringing in younger players and blood them in to the first team, with a view to making more money from transfers. Our own youth system was an area I wanted to look at to bring more of our own youth players through. If Barcelona can have eight or nine youth players come through their system, then I don't see why Rangers can't do the same. I was working seven days a week, looking at the different age levels, assessing the quality we already had. I was also building relationships with some of the clubs in England, with a view to bringing in younger, better players in on loan, as well as sending our own young talent out on loan earlier to get them playing at adult level to better develop. Something else I wanted to look at was putting a 'B' team in the lower divisions, again to get our young talent playing adult football earlier and developing quicker and better.

It's time for us to implement some of these ideas.

I mean what the end product is here,is it just to say 'I told you so' if Green fucks it up or is he actually going to do something about it?

I'm grateful for his financial input,at least he put his own money in and not the banks.

I think it's a good thing as it puts pressure on Green to prove him wrong.

Spot on mate.

As soon as I read King's comments I had these exact same thoughts. It also cast my mind back to this answer from the Gordon Smith interview when you asked him about medium to long term strategies.

It's time for us to implement some of these ideas.

(tu)

I still believe we can get great benefit from having a DOF. Would Gordon Smith go back? He said in that interview that he would, if he was approached. Could we afford him right now? I don't think we could.

Dave King is an idiot then. Of course we can compete being run at a profit, why the hell couldn't we? It's the way we should always be operating when all is said an done.

How could we be run at a profit ? Thats bullshit no club in the world is run at a profit.

Do we ???

Yes, all deals and contracts stay with the old company with the exception of staff contracts. Its possible that Green could re-instate the contracts but why would he? We are at last free from the contracts that Murray set up.

I don't think we do. The loan was to the oldco to come out of admin. The 5.5mil was to buy the assets outright so the investors in sevco own the club and will get dividends/return on investment when selling shares.

The loan was to newco so it had the money to buy the assets off oldco.

Loans are more tax efficient than shares if you make a profit, as you can take the profit out as loan repayments and not pay tax on it, as you are just getting your money back. If it was a share investment, you would have to take the profit out as dividends and pay income tax on it.

Shares are more tax efficient than loans if you make a loss, because you can claim loss relief on them.

To he honest I'm totally fed up reading statements everyday from a variety of people Including king, tbk, sfa, SPL, other clubs. Green and his investors who ever they are. Are the only ones that matter right now. Are there questions that need to be answered. Yes of course there are but Dave king isn't going to get them. Fuck all the daft statements and more getting on with saving Rangers. I think people forget sometimes with all the talk that we all want the same thing. We are rangers. We will always be rangers and I.will always support them no matter what.

Really don't see the problem with what he said.

Everyone was giving him stick when he said a month or 2 ago that we would be liquidated etc.. and this was from someone that has actually put money into Rangers unlike TBK and the like.

Dave King Invested in Achenhowie Formerly known as M P Cant say the Name, anyway he Invested, and also got Money from it .Wouldn't know the exact Figures ,but when Rangers FC took the Likes of Hutton, Greegsy, Adam, Wilson, and any other Players with sale on Value, those who Invested ie Murray King ,got some return .That's a Fact and was the way it worked.

He also said Green told him he was in this for the long haul

but I'm sure I saw a quote by Green saying he wanted to be away by next year

He did but maybe RFC is getting in to his blood,more addictive than any drug :21:

Dave King is an idiot then. Of course we can compete being run at a profit, why the hell couldn't we? It's the way we should always be operating when all is said an done.

Running at a profit may not even be part of CG's plan. He HAS stated that we will not run at a LOSS

These are not mutually exclusive objectives.

CG I would imagine is looking break even for a few seasons, remain competitive and re-build our squad. Should he be successful we will be financially stable, he will then sell and walk away a happy camper.

Is Dave King serious?

This is Scottish fitba not the EPL..Add 1 player to next season and we'll win the league as the opposition have proved they are rank.

Who cares about the League cup and we canny win in Europe anyway.

The man talks pish

This is what gets me down.

Lets say for talking sake, we've no debt, no fines etc. Start afresh.

If one guy came in, and initially wasnt looking to cream off wads of money for himself.

A very basic estimate. Rangers playing staff wage bill is around £14m, with non playing staff around £3m. Lets say to qualify for the champions league every year, around £10m would have to be spent.

We only have to beat one team in the league, everyone knows that.

I'd say, in total, net spend wouldnt be any more than £50m a year (once everything is added in).

Now if we qualify for the group stages its £20m+. Season tickets generate around £15m. If we sell our own shirts it makes around £5m+. Money taken on a matchday with merchandise, programmes, food, etc must be more than £15m.

Granted my figures are only estimates. And ive missed ALOT of things out. But i cant see why owning one of the old firm wouldnt be lucrative for someone. Probably one of the few clubs in the world that ,on paper, could turn a profit.