Aluko hopes to speak to Rangers soon.

The Godfather

Rangers forward Sone Aluko is in Scotland to discuss his future with the financially stricken Glasgow club. Players are being told by their union, PFA Scotland, that they will be able to walk away from the club as it forms a new company following liquidation.

But Aluko, who scored 12 times in 23 appearances for Rangers last season, is yet to decide what to do. "I need to talk to the club and try to sort things out," Aluko told BBC Sport. "As we speak, I don't know what the next step is. In the next few weeks, it will be clearer [but] I'm still a Glasgow Rangers player and, until that changes, I'm happy."

Aluko revealed that he was stunned when he first heard the club had gone into administration in February.

"Everyone was surprised and shocked because Rangers is a massive club," he said. "They fill that stadium with 45-55,000 fans - it's a club that shouldn't be in administration."

The 23-year-old praised Rangers' fans and urged them to keep backing the club.

"Just keep supporting the club, stay behind the club and do what you've been doing since the club went into administration," he said.

On the international front, Aluko did not feature in the 2014 World Cup qualifiers against Namibia and Malawi. After making a late appearance as a substitute in the 2-0 home win against Rwanda in Africa Cup of Nations qualifying on Saturday, the Super Eagle is prepared to wait for his opportunity.

"Naturally, I'm disappointed like every other player, but there is time for everything," he added. "My time will come. I just need to keep working hard, playing well for my club and opportunities will come. When they come, I'll take it."

Aluko was born in Birmingham to Nigerian parents and played for England at under-19 level.

He switched nationality to make his debut for the Super Eagles in a friendly against Republic of Ireland in 2009 and has since played for the Nigeria U-20 and U-23s.

He told BBC Sport he has no regrets opting for Nigeria.

"When I made the decision, I didn't think I would just walk into the Nigerian side," he added. "I chose Nigeria because my heart said I want to play for Nigeria. "I know why I made the decision and it's still valid."

Love Sone :) hope he stays but his form last season will have alerted a few clubs in England no doubt. He seems to love playing at Rangers though and as i said in the other thread, nowhere else will he be adored by the fans like he is at Ibrox. Please stay Sone, become a Rangers legend (tu)

The wee mans a gem, i remember seeing him for the first time at Ibrox when he came on as sub for those hateful sheep shagging fucks, i said to my son that he was one of their better players and i wouldn't mind seeing him in a Gers strip, i was over the moon when he signed for us, he's a genuine and likeable young man, i really do hope he stays.... :21:

Sone is like glasgow's ethnic version of messi love the wee man and hope he stays, he was the only thing keeping me going to games at the end of last season

Yup, great attitude, wish we had another half dozen like him.

I think Sone knows that no matter where he plays from now on he will never get the feeling he get's when he plays for The Rangers.

The reaction to his goal he scored against our integrity friends from the east of the city ........will be very very hard to be equalled let alone surpassed.

That is the feeling that will be with him for the rest of his days21.gif

Aluko you are a great guy and a talented player I for one won't blame you if you leave but TRUST me if you stay your name will be engrained in the rangers family for ever more help us get bk to where we belong and you will be a legend :-) awrabest either way

The reaction to his goal he scored against our integrity friends from the east of the city ........will be very very hard to be equalled let alone surpassed.

That is the feeling that will be with him for the rest of his days21.gif

He can always say "I slayed the enemy"!

:beer1:

Hoping that we may see him score many more goals against them.

I have a feeling he may well do if things go well for us regarding where we are playing next season.

He certainly made a hell of an effort to come here and has stated his admiration for the club on many occasions, he seems to love playing for The Rangers.

I have a feeling he may well do if things go well for us regarding where we are playing next season.

He certainly made a hell of an effort to come here and has stated his admiration for the club on many occasions, he seems to love playing for The Rangers.

Needing more fingers to cross uk.gif

If we are in Division 1, as looks likely, then he'll be off.

Would love him to stay of course, but who knows what lies ahead for us. I don't think any player could be excused for such uncertainty and chaos, but every single player that stays will get my backing. I still think he will be a bonus for next year, as currently not holding too much hope for him being there.