Rangers to England shock

scottjf82

• Replies 284
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The Scottish club were bought last week by Charles Green for £6million but are in liquidation.

Rangers could face starting next season in Scottish Division Three — if SPL clubs vote next month against their bid to be allowed back in this term.

Green is looking at other options, including buying Bury and playing English league games in Glasgow.

They would want to start immediately by taking up Bury’s fixtures for next season.

The Greater Manchester club kick off with a home game against Brentford on August 18.

There is strong opposition to Rangers being invited back into the Scottish Premier League.

The SPL fixture list currently has ‘Club 12’ listed until the other 11 clubs vote on July 4.

Rangers do not want to start right at the bottom of the Scottish professional leagues and have long been touted for a place south of the border, along with Old Firm rivals Celtic.

A source told SunSport: “Yes, Rangers really are thinking about this.

“They are in a position at the moment where they have no idea what the future holds.

“They don’t know whether they will be in the SPL next season and do not want to go to the bottom of the ladder.

“Acquiring an English club would get them the foothold they have always wanted down south.”

It is not clear whether the amazing plan to buy is even allowed under Football League rules in England or Scotland.

But there are precedents with Welsh club Swansea playing in the English Premier League and rivals Cardiff in the Championship.

Berwick is actually a town in England but their football team plays in Scottish Division Three.

Also, Wimbledon moved 60 miles north to Milton Keynes before being renamed Milton Keynes Dons in 2004.

Bury fans are sure to be furious at the suggestions to take their club more than 200 miles north.

it would be the perfect get it right up u to all those who want us dead but are deluded enough to think they can survive without us.

in all seriousness though if this is not bullshit from the papers then id imagine its Charles Green's spin doctors at work. give the SFA and SPL the idea that we wont need them if they decide to fuck us. a wee bluff to make them sweat and think twice about what league they leave us in.

This has brightened up an otherwise very dull day for me.

I'd love this to happen. However, what would happen to our own history in Scottish football if we bought over bury and what not? Would it get left behind as we'd take Bury's history or would they be combined?

Oh the tims will be furious at this one if true. Even Liewell couldn't have seen this one coming!

Let's hope but not get carried away just yet fellow Bears.

Just one thought given Walter's consortium has (for now anyway) stood down. Does anyone think that after discussions with Green it may have been decided that with his contacts down south,he would be the best person to engineer this move?

Once we're established in England the plan maybe for Walter's consortium to buy Green's out with the product on offer much more attractive and Green's team making a healthy profit.

Just speculation on my part which if it comes true would be absolutely wonderful imho only of course!

Everyone saying poor Bury fans, they can just unite with us and see there "new" team go beyond levels they would be unable to achieve. It would be fantastic for both sets of fans... In regards to "missing tim games" i'd much rather have a rivalry with like likes of Liverpool or something. Fuck celtic it would be majestical

Is this allowed legally within the Scottish And English rules?

Or is it impossible?

I know the EPL rules state they wouldn't allow it...or so I've read but that's a fight for another day!

were currently not a member of the SFA so they can't stop it. as for the FA its a loophole in their rules which allows it