Statement from Bury Football Club

Shuggy

"With reference to various reports within the media over the last 24 hours, the board of directors would like to issue the following statement.

"Whilst investment into Bury Football Club is always welcome, any offer of investment will only be viewed at taking the club forward in its only one guise possible -based in the town of Bury, and as Bury Football Club.

Bury FC is a proud historical club, and as such proudly represents the town, community, people, and above all supporters of Bury. The directors of Bury FC place the integrity and morality of the club, and football as a whole, way above and beyond any possible financial gain, and as such wish to reassure all Shakers fans of this fact."

BURY FC BOARD OF DIRECTORS"

Original Link

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Bit of a woolly statement, they don't actually say "we are not selling our league spot" and no one was suggesting they would cease playing in their ground at Bury.

Anyway, still a long shot this story.

Shuggy

Hi folks Bury fan here.

Id just like to make a point if you dont mind. First and foremost Bury FC is ran by Bury Fans. brian Fenton is a massive Bury fan of over 40 years and Jill Neville longer than that. No way in a millon years would the directors at Bury FC ever sell the club down the river because we are a very close knit club where fans, directors and players talk, meet, discuss football issues and inter react on a regular basis. Also a large proportion of shares are held by forever Bury supporters group. To add we have no debt and own our ground so anyone saying we are skint hasnt a clue.

Even yesterday one of the directors who I know very well released this statement yesterday via facebook to the fans "Money may have corrupted many things in life, but Bury fans can rest easy in that Bury FC will NEVER EVER sell out the town, it's club, or it's supporters. Bury not in Bury is not Bury anymore, END OF STORY!"

It WILL never happen but I wish you all the best in the future so long as you dont do this to any other club. My opinion is that you are just trying to force the SFA's hand but its a bit poor on your behalf to use us to do it.

The SFA/SPL have been trying to Bury Rangers for long enough. :lol:

The SFA would need to agree to this and they wouldn't, even if the FA did.

I reckon it's a warning shot across the SPL and SFA bows ahead of their meeting.

Would love to see us do this mind you. It's a pipedream but if we got in we could soon work our way up into the serious money.

The SFA/SPL have been trying to Bury Rangers for long enough. :lol:

The SFA would need to agree to this and they wouldn't, even if the FA did.

I reckon it's a warning shot across the SPL and SFA bows ahead of their meeting.

Would love to see us do this mind you. It's a pipedream but if we got in we could soon work our way up into the serious money.

Would they have to agree though? I'm not sure if we are even a member of the SFA at this point, so how would they be able to object?

Would they have to agree though? I'm not sure if we are even a member of the SFA at this point, so how would they be able to object?

I could be wrong, but since we play in Scotland I think they have to approve it whether we are members or not. They would hold the players registrations etc.

I'm not sure what would happen if they banned us though. It would be hard for them to block a move if they chucked us out of scottish football.

Thats one for the legal chaps.

I could be wrong, but since we play in Scotland I think they have to approve it whether we are members or not. They would hold the players registrations etc.

I'm not sure what would happen if they banned us though. It would be hard for them to block a move if they chucked us out of scottish football.

Thats one for the legal chaps.

Spot on, any new club can only apply to play in the countries pro league where they are based. If they want to play in another country UEFA will not allow it unless they have a good reason as well as the blessing of their home FA and the FA of the country they are moving to.

UEFA have never sanctioned a move to another country for financial reasons and never will

We nee to give 2/3 years notice to resign from the league.....silly story ...unless they kick us out......nah still a silly story....

We (Sevco) are not in any league just now so we don't need to give any notice.

Hi folks Bury fan here.

Id just like to make a point if you dont mind. First and foremost Bury FC is ran by Bury Fans. brian Fenton is a massive Bury fan of over 40 years and Jill Neville longer than that. No way in a millon years would the directors at Bury FC ever sell the club down the river because we are a very close knit club where fans, directors and players talk, meet, discuss football issues and inter react on a regular basis. Also a large proportion of shares are held by forever Bury supporters group. To add we have no debt and own our ground so anyone saying we are skint hasnt a clue.

Even yesterday one of the directors who I know very well released this statement yesterday via facebook to the fans "Money may have corrupted many things in life, but Bury fans can rest easy in that Bury FC will NEVER EVER sell out the town, it's club, or it's supporters. Bury not in Bury is not Bury anymore, END OF STORY!"

It WILL never happen but I wish you all the best in the future so long as you dont do this to any other club. My opinion is that you are just trying to force the SFA's hand but its a bit poor on your behalf to use us to do it.

You wont get much argument on here on that score. Good luck to bury mate i would not wish our last year any football fan (except sellik dundee utd killie aberdeen etc)

Hi folks Bury fan here.

Well in for coming on here mate, I'd feel the exact same. Bury is for Bury. (tu)

Hi folks Bury fan here.

Spot on. (tu)