Fighting Fund Statement

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

http://www.rangers.co.uk/news/football-news/article/2818143

is it just me or is it weird how these groups get all the reassurances yet we are not told a single thing of what these reassurances are ? :dry:

Give them a chance to write a statement out. Long meeting and they just passed enough info to say all is okay from yesterday.

Fuller brief will come, I am sure.

I have to agree with the poster CB and his post on another thread, when he said that RFFF was it not just set up to pull in funds to help achieve the reductions that D&P needed to make, to stave off redundancies?

So what role have this well intentioned cash raisers taken up now? This is merely to clear this up in my own mind as I have not read anything telling me of a new direction as to their being.

I have to agree with the poster CB and his post on another thread, when he said that RFFF was it not just set up to pull in funds to help achieve the reductions that D&P needed to make, to stave off redundancies?

So what role have this well intentioned cash raisers taken up now? This is merely to clear this up in my own mind as I have not read anything telling me of a new direction as to their being.

i thought they would have run their course now that green is in charge... what exactly is their role for the future...

I think it is now seen as a means where different fans groups can get together without their own agendas being uppermost.

Thats the way I see it anyway, could be wrong.

Have been lots of times before

In full agreement. The purpose of RFFF now that the whole CVA/Admin process is over needs to be made clear

Give them a chance to write a statement out. Long meeting and they just passed enough info to say all is okay from yesterday.

Fuller brief will come, I am sure.

The thing is .chain reaction.......guys from last night would have phoned/text mates staright after the meeting , who then to be in the know...........call others who then call others.......you know the old saying that you are never more than three people away from knowing one of their group...............my three must be away climbing in the Himalayas or up the Amazon as no one has contacted me uk.gifuk.gif

Let's nip this one in the bud.

The RFFF is NOT a new Rangers supporters group. They had a specific task. To pull together fund-raising ideas (and funds) to save the club when our last owner royally fucked us. They, as far as I know, have no constitution, no set of rules, no members list, etc....it's just Bears who didn't want the club to die and felt that they could do something about that.

If the inference by some is that their role has changed and that they intend to become a new supporters group, then fine...let's ask them if that is the case and deal with it at that time, but as far as I'm aware that isn't the case.

It seems logical to me that they should be having discussions with Charles Green as I'm sure they don't want to be fooled into parting with the Rangers supporters cash they have charge of.

I trust them without reservation in these matters - if others don't, I can't do much about that.

The thing is .chain reaction.......guys from last night would have phoned/text mates staright after the meeting , who then to be in the know...........call others who then call others.......you know the old saying that you are never more than three people away from knowing one of their group...............my three must be away climbing in the Himalayas or up the Amazon as no one has contacted me uk.gifuk.gif

People who go to meetings don't have friends

Let's nip this one in the bud.

The RFFF is NOT a new Rangers supporters group. They had a specific task. To pull together fund-raising ideas (and funds) to save the club when our last owner royally fucked us. They, as far as I know, have no constitution, no set of rules, no members list, etc....it's just Bears who didn't want the club to die and felt that they could do something about that.

If the inference by some is that their role has changed and that they intend to become a new supporters group, then fine...let's ask them if that is the case and deal with it at that time, but as far as I'm aware that isn't the case.

It seems logical to me that they should be having discussions with Charles Green as I'm sure they don't want to be fooled into parting with the Rangers supporters cash they have charge of.

I trust them without reservation in these matters - if others don't, I can't do much about that.

The bud was not required to be nipped...................and fully aware of their birth...........just asking a question as in their position now and maybe should ask ......are they still raising funds are they still in receipt of existing funds, has Green asked them for money?

Did they ask for the meet or was it Charles Green?

We shouldn't be harsh on the RFFF whatever their role is (or not) developing into. They are one supporters' group that has done well in recent months.

No harshness was put into my posts merely wanting to find out a few things.

You will know when I am being harsh...................grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr21.gif

No harshness was put into my posts merely wanting to find out a few things.

You will know when I am being harsh...................grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr21.gif

I'm frightened now. :lol:

(I wasn't accusing anyone - it was just a general point. :) )

In full agreement. The purpose of RFFF now that the whole CVA/Admin process is over needs to be made clear

And the key members/representatives/office bearers.

There was talk about a certain person had wormed their way into the RFFF hierarchy. If that's the case then they will have the same credibility issue as RST

But with cash and a decent committee (that we seem to trust) - the RFFF could be a decent avanue for a 'fans' voice - the RST certainly don't measure up to a voice I trust but the people at RFFF have done pretty good to date.

BUT again someone of RFFF needs to take a leadership role and say - we will now develop into this (or not)

But with cash and a decent committee (that we seem to trust) - the RFFF could be a decent avanue for a 'fans' voice - the RST certainly don't measure up to a voice I trust but the people at RFFF have done pretty good to date.

BUT again someone of RFFF needs to take a leadership role and say - we will now develop into this (or not)

I agree.with what they have achieved and also what has to be done if they move forward with a rider that employees of the club have to step down.