Another chief (?) gibbers

ray

Friday June 22,2012

By Ewing Grahame

IBROX supporters’ chief John MacMillan has told the Light Blue legions not to renew their season tickets – because he doesn’t trust owner Charles Green.

The Rangers Fans’ Fighting Fund held a meeting with Green earlier this week and issued a statement via the club website urging punters to call off a boycott and pay up.

But, MacMillan, general secretary of the Rangers Supporters’ Association, has no confidence in the new regime.

He insists it’s “immoral” of Green to ask followers to part with their money when they don’t even know which division they’ll be playing in next season.

He said: “Dave King and, more importantly, Walter Smith have expressed serious doubts about Mr Green’s

ability to make money available to take the club forward.

“We need 100 per cent transparency and confidence in the board in order to move on. I would like to be convinced by Mr Green, but I haven’t been yet.

We need 100 per cent transparency and confidence in the board in order to move on

John MacMillan

“I think it’s morally wrong for the club to ask people to pay SPL prices up front.

“Right now, no one can give any guarantees as to what division we’ll be playing in next season or what other sanctions we may face from the SFA and the SPL.

“Until we have clarity on that front it would be foolish to commit money now.

“That’s why I’m not prepared to ask my members to renew until at least July 4, when the SPL clubs meet to vote on the newco’s application to join their ranks.

Fuck him, why would anyone listen to what he has to say? ST holders are not little babies. They know the score here, and if they wanna renew now or wait for the vote its up to them individually.

I just can not believe the way Green is being treated here. I will say it again, NONE of the so called "wealthy Rangers fans", NONE of the richest people in Scotland, NONE of the ex-players or managers saved the club.

In fact one ex-player appears to have done something extremely mercenary.

Green has saved the club, he now has it in the palm of his hand, how do the rangers fans repay that? They demand he sells to a consortium of people who could not get their sums right, they demand he goes, they demand he consult them, they state he is "not a Rangers man".

Murray was a "Rangers man", the fans never demanded to be consulted, Whyte was a "Rangers man". John Brown was a "Rangers man".

The time has come to support the owner of the club, the assets, and the history before he gets fed up and builds the Govan Fort. The fans time would be better spent severing every link with Lloyds and cancelling Sky subscriptions.

"My members" not the membership but his members.........just a word but shows the mindset set of this guy...............who often does he ask HIS members as to what they think.

Wonder if he attends all the games on a comp.............just a thought.

New series starts STV on Monday........................................

Napoleon MacMillan he how rules.

I just can not believe the way Green is being treated here. I will say it again, NONE of the so called "wealthy Rangers fans", NONE of the richest people in Scotland, NONE of the ex-players or managers saved the club.

In fact one ex-player appears to have done something extremely mercenary.

Green has saved the club, he now has it in the palm of his hand, how do the rangers fans repay that? They demand he sells to a consortium of people who could not get their sums right, they demand he goes, they demand he consult them, they state he is "not a Rangers man".

Murray was a "Rangers man", the fans never demanded to be consulted, Whyte was a "Rangers man". John Brown was a "Rangers man".

The time has come to support the owner of the club, the assets, and the history before he gets fed up and builds the Govan Fort. The fans time would be better spent severing every link with Lloyds and cancelling Sky subscriptions.

Some of our fan base really are determined to drive Green out at all costs and spend so much time worring about does the guy have the money to fund the club long term that they have not taken in the fact we might not even make it to the start of the season never mind long term. If the sfa don't issue a license than it makes zero difference who owns the club.

Driving Green out at all costs as some want to do only makes the club less likely to be granted a license. The sfa will want assurances that the club is stable before it issues a license putting the club up for sale again weeks before the season starts will just make it that bit harder for a license to be granted.

Also what if Green is driven out and the new owner is not liked by certain people again (Dingwall,leggo) do they then start to hound them out as well, where do you draw the line here?

Miller and it now looks like Green have been hounded out by people who are only intrested in their own ego not the club.