First or third division football

markybear

Now that our fate is all but sealed with regards to the SPL, what prices would be deemed appropriate for a Rangers season ticket in the 1st or 3rd division?

I was thinking £250/270 for the 3rd division & £350 for the 1st division. We'd have to keep our playing squad at a higher standard than the opposition of the respective leagues, but at the same time keep the price fair because we have to bear in mind that the standard of opposition plays a big part in how much an ST is priced.

Personally I wouldn't mind paying my spl price (£457) for the 3? Yrs with the excess being ring-fenced for use when we get back to the spl. I reckon the 1st yr we do get back into the spl will be tough and any spare cash will be very much reqd.

I don't judge anyone on what's he or she thinks is a fair price, the global recession is dictating our personal budgets, food & oil is getting more expensive by the day and wages are staying static or in some cases paycuts are being implemented. In saying all that I want the rangers to recover ASAP from This 5 month nightmare, I think we should back the club whatever the division. I will renew my Season ticket WHEN we find out where we are playing next yr, I wont let the mhedia & tims win in their quest to kill us off. Our club will rise again.

So what's ur opinion on the ST price tags for 1st or 3rd div?

Will pay whatever for either Div 1 or 3..called the ticket office today to check what was happening as lots of crappy media stories about it we have had our seats for a long time in the Govan rear and we will be there for the new season.Will never forgive the SPL-SFA and the other clubs for the way they have treated us....NO SURRENDER.

I want the prices to stay the same. I will be happy to pay that and I hope all other Bears would too.

After all, I dunno about anyone else, but I'm paying my money to watch Rangers, whether we play Barcelona or Brechin, I'm not interested in the opposition, I'm interested in Rangers.

Keep the prices the same as last year as long as the money goes straight to the team and isn't being used for anything to do with Mr Greens takeover.

We really need Mr Green to make a statement of assurance about the ST money detailing exactly where it is going to .

There is too much uncertainty being fed by the anti-rangers media who delight in making us feel uncomfortable about our club.

Keep the prices the same as last year as long as the money goes straight to the team and isn't being used for anything to do with Mr Greens takeover.

We really need Mr Green to make a statement of assurance about the ST money detailing exactly where it is going to .

There is too much uncertainty being fed by the anti-rangers media who delight in making us feel uncomfortable about our club.

He's already told you where it's going.

What I meant by 'where it is going' was the details of the account it is being paid into, I am led to believe if it is paid into the oldco bank account it is in danger of being taken by creditors as part of the liquidation. If that isn't the case, no problem, we can continue with the standing orders for our 3 tickets.

As i said the media is filling the information gap with lies and half truths, and we need more statements from the club giving assurances about where we are going.

I want the prices to stay the same. I will be happy to pay that and I hope all other Bears would too.

After all, I dunno about anyone else, but I'm paying my money to watch Rangers, whether we play Barcelona or Brechin, I'm not interested in the opposition, I'm interested in Rangers.

I agree, but don't be surprised if they bring in new rules, which would limit our income.

I agree with paying the same, but will the SFL want it.

There may be financial "fair play" introduced limiting what you can charge per head.

I don't see how they could.

It's not on a par to the government heaping pressure on energy firms keep their prices low as possible/fair.

If ppl want to pay 4/500 quid for an ST then they should be allowed to do so. The league doesn't set the prices, the clubs do (and the fans do to an extent)

I don't see how they could.

It's not on a par to the government heaping pressure on energy firms keep their prices low as possible/fair.

If ppl want to pay 4/500 quid for an ST then they should be allowed to do so. The league doesn't set the prices, the clubs do (and the fans do to an extent)

What you say makes sense...

Normally.

(That's a reference to the ongoing gang rape of event after event. Not a criticism of your point.)

The thing is though... no matter where we play there will be new players and Ally may be able to buy (hopefully) a few players to help suit the way he wants to play.

If we can get a good core of the squad from the current group and add a few relatively decent names for 1st Divison/3rd football then we might be able to see some exciting attacking football at Ibrox next season uk.gif

Or am I asking to much :lol:sad.gif?