Do You Believe If Walter.............

Would Walter have stemmed the player tide  

41 members have voted

1. 1. If Walter had accepted Greens offer to be Chairman of the Football Board

• Would this have stemmed the player exodus Yes or No
    • Yes
    • No

Probably the old fashioned idea of loyalty and playing for the jersey, a shocking thing for the fans of the world's most successful club team to expect from those honoured enough to wear the jersey.

That mentality died on 10th July 1989 my friend.

The players must be leaving for a reason maybe they dont want Green to hold them over a barrell with there contract terms....Green needs to sort this or we will be fukked for years to come....How can you rebuild a team even with youths when the youths want to leave also....Worrying times.

Feel sorry for Ally.

I think people are forgetting that we NEED players to leave us!! If they all stay on current contracts then we will be back in administration in no time. £20k or Whittaker is too much to pay in the SPL never mind SFL3.

The only guys we can afford to keep are those who will accept a wage of less than £1500 a week and even then we cant keep more than 18. Young guys and a few like Jig is the way to go for the next few years.

I think it´s purely economic decisions when players want out..

I think it's just down to sheer greed as they know they can negotiate a very large fee to sign on and get to keep it all to themselves without a penny going to the club. This and a probable increase in wages especially those who go to the Eng 1st. This situation isn't helped by the new sky/bt deal.

i voted No - but the truth of the matter is that i really don't know. There are too many variables from 'how much will i earn' to 'how successful would i become if i played in the lower divisions' and everything in between. I think a lot of the younger player will be influenced by external sources (agents, parents etc) and the older and more experienced players won't want to labeled as 'only good enough for the lower leagues of Scotland' and the earning potential that goes with that. In a nut shell i would say it's down to future guarantees, and even with Walter in the boardroom, that's not something that Rangers could give at this moment in time.