And here we go......

http://sport.stv.tv/football/clubs/motherwell/107668-motherwell-board-says-loss-of-rangers-could-put-well-into-administration/

Motherwell board says loss of Rangers could put Well into administration

STV 23 June 2012 15:58 BST

Motherwell FC has warned its fans of the financial consequences of a newco Rangers being voted out of the SPL© SNS Group

Voting a keep a newco Rangers out of the SPL could plunge Motherwell into administration, the club has told fans.

In guidance issued to supporters of the Lanarkshire club, posted on the Motherwell fans’ site Fir Park Corner, Motherwell estimated that it would lose more than £900,000 in income without Rangers in the league.

That sum will have to be balanced out with investment from the fans, otherwise it could be tipped into administration, says the club’s board.

Motherwell FC is in the process of moving to a fan ownership model, as majority shareholder John Boyle pledges his stake in the Fir Park club to a group of supporters in the form of the Well Society.

The society’s members are being polled on whether to allow a newco to enter the SPL after Rangers FC began the process of being liquidated.

The breakdown of costs that Motherwell foresee if the newco is voted out of the league are a loss of £600,000 from SPL revenues, made up of sponsorships and the television deal for the league.

The club expects to lose £275,000 in gate receipts from Rangers supporters and estimates a drop of £40,000 in matchday hospitality and sponsorship.

If the newco is allowed to enter the SPL, Motherwell still expects to make losses in gate receipts as it anticipates that fans will stay away for reasons of “sporting integrity”.

In conclusion, the guidance note states: “Whatever decision is made on the newco vote by the SPL clubs, the financial position of Motherwell Football Club will suffer. There are clear risks to the financial stability and very future of this club presented by the current situation.

“In the event of serious financial difficulty, the board will have to look to the members, shareholders and supporters to step up their support for the club and the Well Society. This is likely to be in the form of increased prices, higher attendances and further Society memberships and contributions.

“It is clear that if we are unable to replace significant amounts of income lost under either scenario, the club would be facing an insolvency event. This would lead to a 21 point reduction.”

I think everyone who spouts this sporting integrity pish from now on should have their heads blown off with a shotgun. Clearly wouldn't do them any harm anyway as anyone who think there is actually sporting integrity in scottish - or indeed any - football doesn't have a brain anyway.

Excellent--hopefully we can make these predictions come to fruition by boycotting effectively and ridding Scottish football of one diddy club for starters, remember sporting integrity versus survivall ??

Go On--Make my day

Do you feel lucky

Excellent--hopefully we can make these predictions come to fruition by boycotting effectively and ridding Scottish football of one diddy club for starters, remember sporting integrity versus survivall ??

Go On--Make my day

Do you feel lucky

We can't boycott them if we are in a different league! :craphead:

Presumably if Motherwell were to go into administration AGAIN, there would be severe punishments.

Twice in 10 years ....... HUGE punishment I should imagine. probably 3 points and a £10 fine under new rules to be agreed after Rangers have ben punished but before anyone else goes bust.

Politicians would do well to learn their trade from Scottish football :lol:

The board know they want Rangers in the SPL, it's their job after all to look after the commercial interests, but they're now putting pressure on their own fans to come to the same conclusion. Typical sneakiness from an SPL club.

Motherwell, the team who were finally passed to the fans after they raised enough money for it, and the team who will have a Champions League payment next season, still can't cope without us. How the hell can the rest cope?

Fascinated to see what happens to the next team to go into administration in this country.

Fascinated to see what happens to the next team to go into administration in this country.

Absolutely fuck all the rules will be changed and the SFA and SPL will bend over backwards to help.

“In the event of serious financial difficulty, the board will have to look to the members, shareholders and supporters to step up their support for the club and the Well Society. This is likely to be in the form of increased prices, higher attendances and further Society memberships and contributions.

Do they seriously think they can offset nearly a million quid this way?, this is a team with an average attendence last year of 5,946 (and this is including a league with Rangers) I can't see it myself.

I hope to see more statements from the rest of the clubs shortly, I feel they will all be fairly similar.

Their fans still wont care though, they want their pound of flesh they just refuse to see that they are the ones who will ultimately suffer most in the long run.