New Zealand 60 Southern Ireland 0

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Im not sure wether you are trying to be funny (if so epic fail) or just a twat (if so epic success). Either way you have made yourself look a complete and utter tool throughout this thread. Give it a rest now baxterbhoy. Take your meds son you need them.

so i guess we add 'projection' to your list of mental problems!

and, ...emm... derek,

hiv ye no forget to address that question concerning your rugby paradigm for irish unity?

Southern Ireland? <cr> Is the Irish rugby team not a united team from north and south, with men from both sides of the divide? <cr>

Relative to the number of competitive games the Irish team have played in Ulster in the last 60 years Moses designation of 'Southern Ireland' is quite appropriate.

Relative to the number of competitive games the Irish team have played in Ulster in the last 60 years Moses designation of 'Southern Ireland' is quite appropriate.

Or maybe it's due to the fact that the official stadium is the Aviva which is situated in Dublin. I'm sure if there was a better stadium than the Aviva, or formerly Lansdowne in the North then they would play there. Usually in sport, national teams play in the best stadium possible.

The fact that there was 8 Ulstermen in the 29-man squad for this game also proves that it isn't a "Southern Ireland" team, so stop spouting pish and trying to prove something that doesn't exist. I bet if they didn't play under the name Ireland there wouldn't be a problem. :anguish:

Oh and due to the fact that the stadium was built in 1872 for the purpose of playing international rugby there. Northern Ireland wasn't officially established until 1921. So again. Stop talking pish.

Fair enough. (tu)

And what about the share of players from the North?

There was 8 Ulstermen in the 29-man squad for the recent tour of New Zealand. Considering there is only 4 provinces, I think 8 from the 1 province is a fair representation. Out of that current squad, as far as I'm aware, Rory Best (from Ulster) is capped the 4th most. In a squad that contains O'Gara and O'Driscoll who are 1st and 2nd in the most capped in Ireland rugby history.

The Ireland Rugby Team receive widespread support from both sides of Ireland, which is why it is irritating when fannies from England try and speak on behalf of "true Northern Irish men"

Or maybe it's due to the fact that the official stadium is the Aviva which is situated in Dublin. I'm sure if there was a better stadium than the Aviva, or formerly Lansdowne in the North then they would play there. Usually in sport, national teams play in the best stadium possible.

The fact that there was 8 Ulstermen in the 29-man squad for this game also proves that it isn't a "Southern Ireland" team, so stop spouting pish and trying to prove something that doesn't exist. I bet if they didn't play under the name Ireland there wouldn't be a problem. :anguish:

Tbf, they should be called ireland and the North, or somthing similar. Or even have 2 separate teams.

There was 8 Ulstermen in the 29-man squad for the recent tour of New Zealand. Considering there is only 4 provinces, I think 8 from the 1 province is a fair representation. Out of that current squad, as far as I'm aware, Rory Best (from Ulster) is capped the 4th most. In a squad that contains O'Gara and O'Driscoll who are 1st and 2nd in the most capped in Ireland rugby history.

The Ireland Rugby Team receive widespread support from both sides of Ireland, which is why it is irritating when fannies from England try and speak on behalf of "true Northern Irish men"

Good reply Conor. Cheers.

(tu)

Tbf, they should be called ireland and the North, or somthing similar. Or even have 2 separate teams.

But... Why?

Most people don't have a problem with it, the players don't have a problem. I'm sure the likes of Rory Best would have a problem though if you decided to separate the team, because IMO a Northern Irish rugby team would find it much harder to compete on anywhere near the same level as the Irish rugby team does.

I don't really see the problem, some people's ignorance to the subject shouldn't make you think otherwise.

But... Why?

Most people don't have a problem with it, the players don't have a problem. I'm sure the likes of Rory Best would have a problem though if you decided to separate the team, because IMO a Northern Irish rugby team would find it much harder to compete on anywhere near the same level as the Irish rugby team does.

I don't really see the problem, some people's ignorance to the subject shouldn't make you think otherwise.

I havnt realy thought about the irish rugby team that much, but it does seem a bit of an anomaly that they dont have separate teams, like football and most other sports. Maybe its something do with rugby being mostly a middle class passtime and played mainly by pooftas. :sherlock:

The team does not represent me as an Northern Ireland born Protestant, how can it, the team have played once in Northern Ireland in 54 years, the team play their games in Dublin with the Irish tricolour flown and the Irish national anthem sung, when the team did play its one friendly in NI in 2007, the Union jack or Ulster banner was not allowed to be flown under the direction of the IRFU, God Save the Queen was not allowed to be sung either, so you have a situation were Northern Ireland born Protestant players stand for an anthem that is not theirs nor a flag that is not theirs and the one time a game is played in NI they are not even given the opportunity to have their flag flown or anthem heard, the reality is its a Republic of Ireland team were Protestant players are picked but have to accept the trappings of Irishness without any thought of their culture.

The team does not represent me as an Northern Ireland born Protestant, how can it, the team have played once in Northern Ireland in 54 years, the team play their games in Dublin with the Irish tricolour flown and the Irish national anthem sung, when the team did play its one friendly in NI in 2007, the Union jack or Ulster banner was not allowed to be flown under the direction of the IRFU, God Save the Queen was not allowed to be sung either, so you have a situation were Northern Ireland born Protestant players stand for an anthem that is not theirs nor a flag that is not theirs and the one time a game is played in NI they are not even given the opportunity to have their flag flown or anthem heard, the reality is its a Republic of Ireland team were Protestant players are picked but have to accept the trappings of Irishness without any thought of their culture.

The irony of a Liverpool fan moaning about the tri colour flag being flown. Would it be fair to say as a big Liverpool fan you have never been to a Liverpool game?

I don't have a problem with it at all, and I'm yet to meet an Irishman (North or South) who does either. I play rugby with two Protestants from the North, and both pitch up to training in their Irish tops. Try telling them that they're indirectly endorsing the 'genocide of Protestants'. Give yourself a shake man.

I've been to Ireland games in wales. I play football with a n.Ireland protestant who is a die had bear. Neither him nor any Irish I have met and spoke to has a problem. In fact this die hard protestant Rangers fan regularly wears an Irish top.

In my experience the people who have a problem with it are morons or "true" brits, most of whom probably haven't stepped foot in Ireland, north or south. The Scots are the worst for it.

and what, pray tell, would the definition of this be in your private lexicon?

ps.i tried hypothesizing on it and then just decided pissing on it was more appropropriate

Using big words doesn't impress when you don't even know to start sentences with a capital brendan.

I blame the schools.