The Rangers ".....n" team?

Hairy Scot

During the "Scandinavian Era" in the late 60s Rangers fielded a team in which all of the players' names ended in "n".

As you can imagine there were a number of Scandinavians in the team.

I have a fair idea of the team sheet but am not certain of all of the names.

Anyone out there have the full team?

During the "Scandinavian Era" in the late 60s Rangers fielded a team in which all of the players' names ended in "n".

Orjan Persson.....Erik Sorenson.......Jorn Sorenson........Mathieson..........Johnston....Henderson

How long do we wait for the 3 letter punchline declan ? :rolleyes:

http://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=the%20rangers%20%22.....n%22%20team%3F&source=web&cd=6&ved=0CHcQFjAF&url=http%3A%2F%2Fforums.scottishfootballforums.co.uk%2Ftopic%2F8673-rangers-n-team%2F&ei=0kjmT8a7N8GV8QO2t_DbCg&usg=AFQjCNHRYwnXWIGOnSXqayeRlvxx9r7nYw

Bloody hell I forgot about King Kai......and kept thinking about Right Back................................ when did big Davy Provan stop playing left back I know

That dirty bastard Auld deliberately broke his leg in OF game in 1968 & he only played a handful more games for us after that.

That dirty bastard Auld deliberately broke his leg in OF game in 1968 & he only played a handful more games for us after that.

Recall the broken leg..................thing about Auld is that he used to tell a story.............he used to get the train to Bridgeton and walk up the London Rd to the Glitterdome.........he used to say I am handing in a transfer request and billy mcbingo said you can't do that......why you wanting to leave.............he said.......I am fed up being called a fenian bastard everyday................mcbingo said that's no reason to leave, I get called that every day as well............auld told him it's different for you as you are a fenian bastard and I'm not.

Recall the broken leg..................thing about Auld is that he used to tell a story.............he used to get the train to Bridgeton and walk up the London Rd to the Glitterdome.........he used to say I am handing in a transfer request and billy mcbingo said you can't do that......why you wanting to leave.............he said.......I am fed up being called a fenian bastard everyday................mcbingo said that's no reason to leave, I get called that every day as well............auld told him it's different for you as you are a fenian bastard and I'm not.

Aye mate, he wasnt one but he acted like one in every OF game I watched him in

I'm pretty sure that Provan, McKinnon, and Stevenson may have featured.

My doubts were about the forward line.

I had:-

Sorensen

Johannson Provan

Penman McKinnon Stevenson

? Sorensen ? Persson?

The 2 Sorensons never played together for Rangers One left in 1966 & one signed in 1967

Possibly January '69 this occured when the team read Martin, Johansen, Mathieson, Greig, McKinnon, Watson, Henderson, Penman, Stein, Johnston, Persson. ? Maybe a substitution took Greig off but I have no record of this, maybe somebody else has ? :sherlock: