The Rangers ".....n" team?

Hairy Scot

Norrie Martin.

You can use this for players. Great website for stats.

http://www.fitbastat...tats_season.php

Wouls say Norries finest hour for us was the away game in season 66/67 against Borussia Dortmund we drew 0-0 that night afte winning at home 2-1 and they had beat Liverpool the year before at Hampden in the final.

Sure the has Lothar Emmerich and Ziggy Heldt (spelling) playing up front..they played in final of world cup for West Germany in 66.

Would have been good on our team. Then again who would we have shifted for him?

We were well covered at that time but berwick was just round corner when we got shot of Forrest & McLean. If those 2 hadn't carried the can for berwick we would've beaten bayern in 67

We were well covered at that time but berwick was just round corner when we got shot of Forrest & McLean. If those 2 hadn't carried the can for berwick we would've beaten bayern in 67

And the nine would never have happened.....that really set us back ......if we could have had Stein, Forrest and Willoughby they would have scored for fun as they say.

And the nine would never have happened.....that really set us back ......if we could have had Stein, Forrest and Willoughby they would have scored for fun as they say.

Good shout. Alex Willoughby was outstanding in the lead up to that Final. Scored about a dozen goals in half dozen games just prior to the final & did make team, but big Roger did!

Good shout. Alex Willoughby was outstanding in the lead up to that Final. Scored about a dozen goals in half dozen games just prior to the final & did make team, but big Roger did!

This a link to all the games that season. If you click on each line it brings up the team line up and goalscorers.

http://www.fitbastats.com/rangers/team_results_list.php?opposition=0&from=45&to=45&competition=0&venue=0&update=Update

Not old enough, lol, only Scandinavian I'd heard of was Johansson for some famous goal he scored. Anyone say what final or match it was I'm thinking of?

King Kai scored the winner in a 1-0 Scottish Cup Final replay against the Shettlesons.

It was my 2nd Rangers/Celtic game.

My first was on the Saturday before when we drew 0-0

Someone has posted a viudeo of goals against Celtic from the 60's in this thread.

Watch that and you will see Kai's goal.

That dirty bastard Auld deliberately broke his leg in OF game in 1968 & he only played a handful more games for us after that.

Good post with the names.

Big Davie still attends most games on his local supporters bus. Nice guy who is I'm sure gutted by all of this.

Funny how some players recover well from leg breaks. Davie Smith twice a perfect example. Other players never seem to fully recover.

Auld was a dirty bastard who once broke players legs in consecutive games, Davie Provan, as Jack says, then George Miller of Hearts in the next game.

Aye mate, he wasnt one but he acted like one in every OF game I watched him in

Don't know if it's true or not, but I heard a story that auld & another ceptic player got sent home from a ceptic tour for singing the sash. Doesn't make him any better though IMO.

I may be wrong but I think this was asked years ago in the Bob Crampsey "Now You Know". I'm sure he was only able to find a team with 10 players ending in "N". Without digging through the records I think you would be hard pushed to find a Rangers team of the mid to late 60's without just one of the following in the team, John Greig, Dave Smith, Alex Smith,Jim Forrest, Alex Willoughby, even Billy Ritchie or Jimmy Millar who both played til late 1966. Guessing if it did happen it would be 67/68 season when Erik Sorenson,Andy Penman, Alex Ferguson and Orjan Persson arrived. That was the season big Davy Provan had his leg broken for him (and I'm sure you can add Frank Beattie of Kilmarnock to Auld's list) Maybe the "N" team played in a "friendly" or Glasgow Cup tie or some other "minor" game?

The big man .....did he not have a goal chalked off in the final? Also will never forget the Inter game at Ibrox when he met the ball on the volley from what seemed the halfway line and hit Sarti in the chest and Forrest scored.

Don't know if it's the mist of time and through young eyes , but the whole magic of European nights seemed more magical.............The Inter game when went straight over the road from primary to wait to get in , and we only loved 10 mins from the ground uk.gif