The Juventus precedent

The Beast

When Juve were relegated for non-football reasons in 2006 several truly world class players such as Del Piero, Nedved and Buffon all chose to stick with the club and see them back to the top.

These guys were all proper world class talents and could have went to top teams in England, Spain, Germany etc if they'd wanted to.

The players who stayed at Juve for the love of the club have went beyond being just great players in the minds of their fans to become among the greatest and most loyal ever. Legends. I suspect they'll never pay for a meal or a drink in Torino again.

Naismith and the other walkers away should look at these examples and hang their collective heads in shame. Whatever they might achieve in their career post-Rangers this decision will haunt them for the rest of their days.

was thinking this myself, give us one year get us back on track and go down as the real 'heroes'

i can totally understand the players worrying about wages and things but there players and will get other clubs, we wont; we are Rangers and Rangers only!

I follow a few Juve fans on twitter, English speaking ones obviously. The heartbreak they felt when Del Piero left in the summer was unbelievable! He's a real hero over there because he stayed at them through the tough times. That's how Naismith could have been. He fucked it. So fuck him.

I follow a few Juve fans on twitter, English speaking ones obviously. The heartbreak they felt when Del Piero left in the summer was unbelievable! He's a real hero over there because he stayed at them through the tough times. That's how Naismith could have been. He fucked it. So fuck him.

My Italian brother in law is a Juve fan. He was in tears at Del Piero's last game despite them winning the title. These guys have no idea what they've given up - let's face it none of them are going to go to clubs in England or elsewhere that will be winning anything. But more than money, medals and glory they've went from heroes to zeros in the eyes of fans that would idolise them for sticking with the club. In 10 years time when Naismith and the others are writing their autobiographies then I predict they'll rue this decision.

When Juve were relegated for non-football reasons in 2006 several truly world class players such as Del Piero, Nedved and Buffon all chose to stick with the club and see them back to the top. These guys were all proper world class talents and could have went to top teams in England, Spain, Germany etc if they'd wanted to. The players who stayed at Juve for the love of the club have went beyond being just great players in the mind their fans to become among the greatest and most loyal ever. Legends. I suspect they'll never pay for a meal or a drink in Torino again. Naismith and the other walkers away should look at these examples and hang their collective heads in shame. Whatever they might achieve in their career post-Rangers this decision will haunt them for the rest of their days.

Hear Hear! Cant take any more of this - Tunes on!

If Jig stays, I couldn't praise him enough.

Same. Would any other biggish team want Jig though? (and I dont mean that in a derogatory way). Buffon, Del Piero etc could have choose to go to top teams in Italy, England etc. I just dont think top teams would be interested in McCulloch at his age. As I said I dont mean that in a bad way, and Im really grateful to the loyalty that big Lee has shown us.

Same. Would any other biggish team want Jig though? (and I dont mean that in a derogatory way). Buffon, Del Piero etc could have choose to go to top teams in Italy, England etc. I just dont think top teams would be interested in McCulloch at his age. As I said I dont mean that in a bad way, and Im really grateful to the loyalty that big Lee has shown us.

He could get higher money and a deal in the SPL(which we wont be in)/Championship anyway.

He could get higher money and a deal in the SPL(which we wont be in)/Championship anyway.

This. I'm sure he could get a 2 year deal at a decent championship or ambitious league 1 club where he'd get much more than he'll get with us next year. If he stays then he'll have earned the right to be a Rangers legend and the same for any of the top players who do the same.

When Juve were relegated for non-football reasons in 2006 several truly world class players such as Del Piero, Nedved and Buffon all chose to stick with the club and see them back to the top.

These guys were all proper world class talents and could have went to top teams in England, Spain, Germany etc if they'd wanted to.

The players who stayed at Juve for the love of the club have went beyond being just great players in the minds of their fans to become among the greatest and most loyal ever. Legends. I suspect they'll never pay for a meal or a drink in Torino again.

Naismith and the other walkers away should look at these examples and hang their collective heads in shame. Whatever they might achieve in their career post-Rangers this decision will haunt them for the rest of their days.

When Di Livio stayed with Fiorentina when they went to the equivalent of Division 3 he went from 'The Little Soldier' to 'The Guardian Angel'

And what about Batistuta staying with the Viola too when they went to Serie B? Legends.

Never forgotten. Certainly not forgotten as easily as the two Steve's.

When Di Livio stayed with Fiorentina when they went to the equivalent of Division 3 he went from 'The Little Soldier' to 'The Guardian Angel'

And what about Batistuta staying with the Viola too when they went to Serie B? Legends.

Never forgotten. Certainly not forgotten as easily as the two Steve's.

Excellent examples. I know more about the Juve situation for family reasons but these are every bit as valid.

In around 10yrs, time, or when his next injury finishes his career Naismith may well get homesick and want to return home but he's also fucked that option up as well because no matter where he lives from now on in Scotland he'll always have to look out for the nutters who will want to have a go at him, short term gain for long term pain son, and don't insult us with your a Rangers supporter pish you've renounced that right.

As for Whittaker Fuck off, that is all.

In around 10yrs, time, or when his next injury finishes his career Naismith may well get homesick and want to return home but he's also fucked that option up as well because no matter where he lives from now on in Scotland he'll always have to look out for the nutters who will want to have a go at him, short term gain for long term pain son, and don't insult us with your a Rangers supporter pish you've renounced that right.

As for Whittaker Fuck off, that is all.

I agree. Especially the Scottish players who turn their back on the club now will always be seen as traitors and will have to live with all the consequences of that forever. If they'd move to the Newco then asked to transfer - even for the reduced fee in their contracts - at least the club would have got some return. As it is they've totally fucked us over for nothing else but their own benefit.

I agree. Especially the Scottish players who turn their back on the club now will always be seen as traitors and will have to live with all the consequences of that forever. If they'd move to the Newco then asked to transfer - even for the reduced fee in their contracts - at least the club would have got some return. As it is they've totally fucked us over for nothing else but their own benefit.

I'm sure none of us would have a problem with this, do they really live in such a fucking bubble as to think that anyone would believe the pish they are spouting, a fucking 2yr, old can see them for what they are,

If Ferguson can get a game for Blackpool then Jig could get a financially rewarding package from a championship club.

100% right about moving to the Newco then asking for a move. The way I see it these players were under contract so if they'd wanted to leave this summer we would have had to of negotiated a fee. Using a loophole to walk out on the club is simply profiteering at the clubs expense.

It seems that Jig, Lee Wallace and Neil Alexander have said that they will stay. If that's the case, then these three can expect to be granted legendary staus for evermore.

Have Wallace ans Alexander either stated they'll play div 3 like Jig did? Hoping they have.

It's not as if Rangers are going into the wilderness either, one year in Div 1 and then back up? And why talk about uncertainty, they could have waited a week or two and then everything would be crystal clear IMO.

Shuggy

The other thing about this precedent is that Juventus only went down one division. How could it possibly be that "sporting integrity" could be satisfied by putting the old lady of italian football down only one division?