Suggestions thread.

gersandy

Ok. It was bound to happen eventually.

Since it looks most of our squad are leaving, and we now know we'll be playing lower league football next season.

Who would we all like to see at ibrox? Im starting it off with the boy May at St. Johnstone, even on a years loan with an option.

If anyone wants to rip the pish feel free, im just trying to give us something to think about away from all this latest news.

Wonder if Murray Davidson would be willing to take the step down? I know we've been linked to him on and off for a good while, dunno if those two European games would mean more to him though...

I'm all for youth, but I think we are going to need a very experienced spine if we are to battle our way out of the lower leagues at the soonest possibly opportunity. Teams like Falkirk are going youth heavy and seeing the rewards, but playing us next season will still be every lower league teams cup final and we need exeprienced battlers to get through some of these games.

With that in mind I think a lot experienced SPL players who are now in, or making their way towards, the lower leagues will be strongly linked with us over the coming months. Guys like Derek & Darren Young, Brian Kerr, Ian Murray, Liam Fox & Tomas Cerny, along with some younger players who we can develop. Maybe a Rory McAllister or a Brian Graham for example?

It obviously depends on what, if any money we have available to us, but Tomas Cerny, Ian Murray, Alex Neil, Nacho Novo & Mark Antoine-Curier would give us a hell of a strong and experienced spine to build around.

It's tragic that this is the level we will be operating at, but fuck it, we need to roll our sleeves up and get on with it. It won't be pretty, but it will just make it that much more sweeter when we do get back to where we belong.

Lets not go getting too far ahead of ourselves!! New Team, FFS i'm fed up with all this too. Personally id take the 3rd Division but there appears to be a conspiracy whereby there is an avenue opened for us to enter the SFL at Division 1. They basically want us punished but need us back in a year for the SKY deal to survive. It seems that might be the route we are forced down. It would be folly to refuse this and take ourselves to Div3 to spite the competition.

Talk of new teams for next season is premature and disrespectful to the remaining players. Those that have already jumped ship really disgust me but I reckon those left will wait until its determined where we will play next season. If it's, as it is looking more likely, Div1, suck it up and get ourselves back in the top flight in a year with maybe a wee League cup run and the Glasgow cup to look forward to.

Until its actually announced "most of our squad are leaving" show those still with the most to lose a bit of respect and pray that they stick with us.

Wonder if Murray Davidson would be willing to take the step down? I know we've been linked to him on and off for a good while, dunno if those two European games would mean more to him though...

There's no chance he would make the step down. He's been strongly linked with a move to the Championship and St Johnstone wanted abou t a million quid for him a year ago.

Lets not go getting too far ahead of ourselves!! New Team, FFS i'm fed up with all this too. Personally id take the 3rd Division but there appears to be a conspiracy whereby there is an avenue opened for us to enter the SFL at Division 1. They basically want us punished but need us back in a year for the SKY deal to survive. It seems that might be the route we are forced down. It would be folly to refuse this and take ourselves to Div3 to spite the competition.

Talk of new teams for next season is premature and disrespectful to the remaining players. Those that have already jumped ship really disgust me but I reckon those left will wait until its determined where we will play next season. If it's, as it is looking more likely, Div1, suck it up and get ourselves back in the top flight in a year with maybe a wee League cup run and the Glasgow cup to look forward to.

Until its actually announced "most of our squad are leaving" show those still with the most to lose a bit of respect and pray that they stick with us.

Sorry mate. Dont think you understood the thread.

From a squad that was desperately short last season, we've lost McCabe, Aluko, Naismith, and Whittaker and Healy. There will definetley be more departures over the coming weeks, and the squad will require at least 5 or 6 players.

IMO tho, Shagger, Davis, Boca, Goian, Wallace, and Edu will be off. In all honesty, we cant possibly ask any more of these guys. Everything they done last season for us, they now deserve to go on and claw back the money they lost.

this

There's no chance he would make the step down. He's been strongly linked with a move to the Championship and St Johnstone wanted abou t a million quid for him a year ago.

Ah well, a guy can only dream...