rab wilson

gazza27

Mate thats a really nice thing to say, but im the same as you , no better no worse, no bigger no better,the absolute same, my old man taught me that. " you see a bear in trouble you have to be prepared to do time yourself to help him, otherwise yer no comin again". it was 1984 , in Milan, i was 12, with my dad and my uncles, like the other 3000 bears in the ground that night we had been hit with shit, pissed on from above, few lads had been hit with bricks, walloped 3-0 by a team containing Liam Brady who lorded it every time they scored(think it was that fuckin taig anyway), and it could have been 7.

My dad and my uncles were your typical Rangers hardmen, they had fuckin had enough by the time the final whistle went.

This polis was giving a young bear grief who had obviously been hit with something heavy, his head was pissing with blood from just above his eye, but it was bad, really deep and this young boy, no older than 16 was crying as the polis kept tapping his arm with his truncheon, looked like he was building up to really fuckin whack him if the boy complained to much. I felt fuckin sick to the stomach as i watched some bears walk past and pretend it wasnt happening, well the 3 real bears with me didnt and they gave that cunt one hell of a leathering. I saw one bear being sick as my dad and my uncles were booting fuck out of this copper lying on the floor. Some bear came to stop it and my uncle fuckin smashed him as well" ye'll no fuckin watch him get a fuckin leatherin but ye'll watch yer ain ya cunt".

I suppose what im trying to say , is that young boy could have been me, could have been you, could have been Minstral waiting for the bus in Glasgow in the 70's surrounded by fenians,could have been that young boy, a friend of somebody on here who had a bit gouged out of his arm by the mhanks when they got jumped in Helen Street a couple of months ago.My family never chose to protect Rangers supporters,they were duty bound to do so, it was drummed into them.

I myself have had a couple of leatherings by more than one in a group of rival fans, and have been totally fuckin disgusted that some bears just walk by blind to it, or some even stand and watch to see if you come out on top when there are 4 or 5 of them kicking the shit out of you.Real rangers supporters would never worry about losing their season tickets if they got caught helping out a fellow bear in need,it has always been our way, an unwritten code, it seperates us from anybody else. Our reputation of being ferocious in the defence of our colours, our traditions,our protestant identity( anybody who chooses to deny that we are THE protestant club is living with his head stuck up his arse)is not only feared, but also respected for its intensity all over europe. Nobody ever fucks with Rangers supporters.Sometimes if you are away in europe, if you have been forunate enough to do so, you always feel better when you look around and maybe see an unfortunate bastard like yourself who has sacrificed three days pay to follow on to more often than not end up disappointed with a shite performance on the park.

Suppose what im trying to say is that its great being a bear, but i tell you what,somebody actually saying that they like what i write brought a tear to my eye, there are so many good people on here, minstral and dartagnan to name only 2,i love their stuff,i remembered a post dart made at least 4 years ago when he wrote they came for the Billy Boys and then came for the lot.It's all come true. We must fight back Rangers, take our song back, its ours,they have taken almost everything from us, there are only so many points you can deduct for singing it.

I would rather die being a rangers man who sung it and ended up with no points at the end,than a bear who held his arse in the air waiting for the world to kick it.

As for Minstral, his stories of Baxter, Stein, Shearer , Caldow and Greig etc.Its like listening to my old man, he used to tell the story of Kai Johannsons goal in such graphic detail, down to the place where he stood when the ball left his boot, to where he finally ended up about 40 yards below on the hampden terracing in the Rangers end, witnessing what he saw as the most important goal Rangers ever scored, along with that of Tam Forsyth against the mhanks in 73, that i felt like i was there, i could hear the roar of the bears as the ball hit the net, i could see the blue jerseys with the white v neck, the white shorts and black and red socks celebrating like fuck in front of the Rangers supporters, i can still feel it now, i can almost smell the stale beer and piss coming up from the terracing floor, but most of all i can see that blue jersey on a green park.That was 6 years before i was even born, but when i close my eyes i can see Kai fuckin smash it and that brief split second of silence before the ear splitting eruption of noise as it bursts the net. Thank you minstral for being like my dad.

I find it easy to talk to you lot is the short way of saying what i just said,we are all the same.

No Surrender

Rab

Great post Rab, and you are just like your Dad, my kind of Rangers fans that i have grown up with. They fans that looked after , and watched each others backs. We were proud of our culture and traditions, and had a support that was scared of nobody, to be honest, they were the best days of following our club, and would have loved some of our younger fans to have been part of it.

It's those kind of posts that keep me reading the forums even though I have stopped posting.

That was a terrific read brother!

Minstral, don't worry, there are plenty young bears who love our traditions and will fight to preserve them.

The battle has just begun.

No surrender!

That is why we support the greatest club in the land,i remember at the start of the Souness era,what a turbulent season that was,from the first game at Easter Road when we got attacked coming out at THAT bridge,one of my mates got ko'd with a fckn TRAFFIC CONE ,right in the face,to the title winning game at Shittodrie,we were in the Aberdeen end with all our colours,and got abuse the full game,i even went for a pie,and got booted right in the stanes and punched a few times,but being a BEAR,i just fckn laughed it off,the drink helped,we had been boozing since 9 am,then on the park at the end to end a fckn miserable time as a BEAR.

On the other end of the coin remember taking my wife and two boys to the Rangers legend game and asking a supporter outside Ibrox where he got the flags his two boys had,he turned to his boys and said 'give the weans these flags we will get more later' i turned to my wife and said'that is why i love the fckn GERS,we are one big massive FAMILY....... WATP...

That is why we support the greatest club in the land,i remember at the start of the Souness era,what a turbulent season that was,from the first game at Easter Road when we got attacked coming out at THAT bridge,one of my mates got ko'd with a fckn TRAFFIC CONE ,right in the face,to the title winning game at Shittodrie,we were in the Aberdeen end with all our colours,and got abuse the full game,i even went for a pie,and got booted right in the stanes and punched a few times,but being a BEAR,i just fckn laughed it off,the drink helped,we had been boozing since 9 am,then on the park at the end to end a fckn miserable time as a BEAR.

On the other end of the coin remember taking my wife and two boys to the Rangers legend game and asking a supporter outside Ibrox where he got the flags his two boys had,he turned to his boys and said 'give the weans these flags we will get more later' i turned to my wife and said'that is why i love the fckn GERS,we are one big massive FAMILY....... WATP...

Fuckin brilliant man, great post.Its been a long while since ive experienced that family feel, you know the feeling when we are really all together as one, when i was a wee yin i always thought that every Rangers supporter was as cool as fuck, it was just that kinship , the old rangers shop that was always rammed, and watchin a couple of wee yins coming out with the gear they knicked, fuckin hilarious.remember as a wee boy, getting off the supporters bus and walking round to ibrox looking at all these cool bastards with the scarfs on,saturday afternoons in midwinter when you could see the rain in the floodlights in the roof of the stands that had just been switched on as it was starting to get a wee bit dusky, used to think to myself that all these cunts at school who don't go would be as jealous as fuck cos i was with the boys with the scarfs rolled up in clenched fists, walking up the stairs of the new Copland and the players would be warming up, the thud of the ball being smacked from one side of the park to the other, always praying that Bobby Russell was playing at no8, fuckin loved him man.

Funniest thing is, Ibrox was only ever a 3rd full as it was the early part of the Greig era and the season before we had chucked the league at parkhead, a lot of gloryhunters had left for Goldbergs, and a lot of bears never forgave the players for that performance.But the thing is i started recognizing some of the same faces of strangers who would be there no matter how shite we were becoming, then the old man started taking me to away games as well,and they were there as well, then i realized that some of them came from Castlemilk like me, cos i would see them at the shops. That was like one massive family, i would boast and bullshit like fuck to my pals that i had seen him kick fuck out of somebody and that they were in the same row as me! ha ha fuckin lying cunt i was.

Now we are coming back as a family, ive noticed at Ibrox in particular in the last few games of last season, that blokes are bringing their wives or girlfriends, and their babies and young kids just to fill the seats, makes you feel 10 feet tall, it also makes my efforts to drive up from England ordinary,as it should be.

Some bears who live on the other side of the world would give their bollox just to have the slimmest of slim chances to get to Ibrox.They rely on us here being together, a united Rangers. Utopia!. You made my day with that post TG.

No Surrender

Rab

It's the same reason a handful of us travelled to Malmo last season when we were 'banned'. Some idiot turned up thinking wearing the grey hoops would be a good idea and was quickly sent on his merry way!

For there's not a team like the Glasgow Rangers!

Forever and ever.

That game at pittodrie was the first game in three seasons I never had a ticket for,the relief when the coppers opened the gates with 20 minutes to go was amazing.

It's the same reason a handful of us travelled to Malmo last season when we were 'banned'. Some idiot turned up thinking wearing the grey hoops would be a good idea and was quickly sent on his merry way!

For there's not a team like the Glasgow Rangers!

Forever and ever.

eh? nobody was in Malmo ....... allegedly :D

and not being there i wasnt involved in any punching of papists