Player of the tournament

A sub-par Xavi is better than most but he was still decidedly sub-par by his standards, I thought. Not only was he disturbingly immobile at times but his passing, even the simplest, shortest passes, were quite often surprisingly wayward. Iniesta and Busquets were vastly superior.

I thought he had his best game of the euros tonight. Never gave Pirlo any time on the ball and in attack made two goals tonight. The timing of the pass for Alba was outstanding.

Anyway, Iniesta over Pirlo mainly due to the consistency he's shown throughout the tournament.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hard decision actually, probably Pirlo but half the Spain team are also in for a shout. I'd say Iniesta and Alba to complete the top three but the likes of Casillas and Busquets barely put a foot wrong the whole tournament as well.

Pirlo may seem better because he is head and shoulders above everyone else most matches but Iniesta has 6/7 other world class players around him as well so it doesn't seem as impressive.

If you put Iniesta into Italy and Pirlo into Spain then Iniesta would be everyone's pick without doubt IMO.

Pirlo!? He was anonymous in the most important game of e tournament. It's got to be a spaniard.. Probably Jordi Alba for me but equally Fabregas done a good job up top, out of position. Iniesta was good aswell. Got to be a spaniard though.

Pirlo!? He was anonymous in the most important game of e tournament. It's got to be a spaniard.. Probably Jordi Alba for me but equally Fabregas done a good job up top, out of position. Iniesta was good aswell. Got to be a spaniard though.

You are condeming him for having 1 bad game out of 6? He was outstanding the other 5. Can you say any Spanish player was outstanding in 5 games?

Jordi Alba was fantastic for Spain, can't believe Valencia sold for 14 million Euros.

His value has rocketed after that torunament.

He only had 1 year left on his deal and Barca were just going to take him for 0

Thoroughly deserved for Iniesta I thought

He only had 1 year left on his deal and Barca were just going to take him for 0

Thoroughly deserved for Iniesta I thought

If they kept him till after the Euros I could see the best teams in a bidding war for him and they would get far more than 14 million € imo.

Jordi Alba was fantastic for Spain, can't believe Valencia sold for 14 million Euros.

His value has rocketed after that torunament.

Do you think maybe Barca had a buy back price? Its so hard to understand letting such a potential talent go for next to nothing.