Malcolm Murray apologises to Scottish football

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't know about this, its too easy to have a knee jerk reaction, I have a lot of respect for Murray, who would have volunteered to make that statement and some of his body language tells me he isn't particularly comfortable in these word leaving his mouth, now this is not going to be very palatable to some and others will make great use of it in attacking Green and Co but as in any negotiations concessions were always going to be part of the deal.

Now as long as we get an apology from the SFA for how we have been dealt with then I will accept this comment being made on behalf of previous owners of RFC

It wouldn't have mattered if Murray III had licked the boots of the SPL clubs or told them to GTF.

There are no winners now. The only prize worth anything at all is the survival and rebuilding to follow of The Rangers.

Div 1, 2 or 3. SPL or SPL 2 - I'm past caring.

Bring it on - we'll be fine soon enough and back where we belong.

Let the others reap as they sow.

Don't dare apologise in my name Malcolm

Why did he do that???!?

Sdm and whyte should apologise yes. Not the club, utter disgrace

If you watch the video he quite clearly does not.

The amount of people in here commenting on this and not watching it is astonishing.

He clearly says the fans have nothing to apologize for and its the action of a few people.

Invest more in what?

There will no doubt be a transfer embargo on us meaning we will be going with our current squad which would rule us out of winning the league.

We will also be helping the other bastard clubs keep the Sky deal which is exactly the way they want it.

NO NO NO to the SPL.......3rd division for me everyday of the week.FUCK THEM ALL.

Say there is no transfer embargo, its all talk about that. if there is one, maybe not, if there isn't why wouldn't they invest to increase the chances of gaining more money at the end of it? after all, green said he's in it for the money so i would imaging the investors would be also.

This is 100% PR, not an actual apology.

I can understand people who are against this from a pride point of view, but we are going to have to make decisions based on business rather than pride if we want to get Rangers back to the top.

I don't know anything about Green and I'm not gonna say I trust him, but it would be worrying if we had new owners who were not trying to maximise our income as this is what any good businessperson would be doing.

"All of Scottish football is now having to live with the consequences of that behaviour and every true Rangers fan will consider it a matter of deep regret that events at our club in the past have been the root cause of an extremely difficult time for Scottish football.

The root cause is the fact that we have subsidised to many clubs in Scotland. As soon as we are out the picture they realise that they can't live within there means and needs us to sub them some more! They should apologise to there own fans!

There, thats what good a fucking apology does.

You don't apologise to get favours, you do it because you mean it and it's the right thing to so.

Those arseholes that ran us into the ground have not only damaged us, but in doing so have caused a crisis within the whole of Scottish football.

Fair play to Malky for his statement. A bit of humility is never a bad thing.

I would like to apologise to scottish football and the fact that you (like us) cant seem to be able to operate within your means. I am sorry that we as fans are your only way of continuing on, but alas it has to come to an end, for you see we have to incorporate sporting integrity into our decisions as fans and we as a collective have decided that you no longer will receive the cash that we (rangers fans) give you for your overpriced, and understuffed pies, programs, and game tickets, and parking facilities.

We all rage and rightly so about how we have been treated by the sfa and the other chunts that spout sporting integrity . But and it's the biggest 3 letter word, if we are in the spl we can then start to serve our enemies the dish that is best served cold. I applaude this statement