Everton Confirm Naismith Signing

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Fuck Naismith. It would be speculative to say exactly how much of a negative impact he had on what has gone on at Rangers in the last year, but he definitely had a negative impact on the club in his last season with us. Perhaps participation in the Europa league wouldn't have been enough to have staved off the financial meltdown that we were to ultimately suffer, but remember McCoist had to take him off at half time in the away game against Maribor because he'd already been booked and was running around like Ian Black in a bad mood. He was an absolute certainty for a red card in that game. McCoist had no choice but to hook him. The loss of one of our most influencial players meant that in my opinion that tie was ultimately beyond us and we went out of Europe.

It's also no co-incidence that his self-inflicted injury against Aberdeen, again the result of flying in like a maniac, immediately preceded an awful run of results which saw us blow what should have been an insurmountable lead in the league. One player shouldn't make a team, but a severerly restricted transfer budget over the last 3 or 4 seasons meant that we had become a team who had to rely heavily on star performers. Naismith's poor temperament had a significantly detrimental impact on Rangers last season. I wish him no ill-will physically, but I hope that at best he has an indifferent career and that within a few seasons he's looking longingly at Rangers competing to win the SPL again.

He was always going to move on after the 75% wage cuts, especially if we weren't in the SPL, but the excuse he gave was just a poor attempt to veil the fact that he was pocketing a bump for himself that he didn't need but our club did.

Think you need to see it from his point of view. What would happen if no one came in for him then?

Then he could see out the remainder of his £20K a week contract at Rangers. Under TUPE he would be entitled to the same terms he had with the oldco.

He went so that the money Rangers might of got for a transfer fee has went directly to him and his agent. He's a greedy traitor who will never be welcome at Ibrox or indeed among Rangers fans again.

His performances in both the CL and International would indicate otherwise.

As much as there is hatred towards him, lets not re-write history, he's a very very good player.

When fit.

I'm not trying to re-write history. I've never said he was a bad player for us. In fact, if you read what I said, I actually said he's been a good player for us. That's undeniable. What I am saying is that I don't think he'll be as good a player in the EPL. Sorry, but I just don't. I will admit I'm wrong if he proves to be though.

load of sh!t on this thread slagging naisy.

naisy walked because he was never going to kick another football for rangers again as they were never going to get into SPL and rangers will not have any 20K a week players on their books playing in the SFL.

i dont trust green and i get the feeling not a lot of the players do either so if you take all of that into account then naisy wanted to be in control of his own destiny and you cant blame him for that.

best of luck to him.

naisy walked because he was never going to kick another football for rangers again as they were never going to get into SPL and rangers will not have any 20K a week players on their books playing in the SFL.

I'm sorry to be abrupt, but are cunts like you that fucking thick and delusional?

Of course we were never going be able to maintain his wage and the it was unlikely that we'd be playing in the SPL, but Steven Naismith and his agent actively requested the application of a minimum release clause into his contract that, if circumstances like the existing one came to front, then he'd be able to leave at a reduced and more attractive figure.

He could and absolutely should have transferred over, then his agent would have got him his move through exercising the release clause which THEY requested, but has turned out to be a complete waste of time.

For his own gain, in the form of a bigger sign-on fee, Naismith denied his "boyhood heroes" a transfer fee and walked out on us, suggesting that Rangers no longer existed.

Aye, well done, Steven. Very fucking good. All the best, mate.

It's actually frightening how naive some people are.

load of sh!t on this thread slagging naisy.

i dont trust green and i get the feeling not a lot of the players do either so if you take all of that into account then naisy wanted to be in control of his own destiny and you cant blame him for that.

best of luck to him.

You just don't get the point mate. As with all the 10 who walked (You can't count Aluko as he was already out of contract), all they needed to do was agree to the transfer then ask for a move. They would still get a move to the EPL, we would get a transfer fee, and they would also get a signing on fee, not as bog a fee as they have got now, certainly. We wouldn't have stood in their way, as, likeyou say, there's no way these guys are SFL class.

All they have done is look after themselves and fuck the club over. Remember their words...."We don't owe the Newco any loyalty". Basically, they no longer believe there is a Rangers.

Stayed out of her today as I've posted a few times I'm an Evertonian with love for Rangers so I didn't want people thinking I was taking the piss or giving it the big one. I can totally understand the hatred for Naismith but although everton have taken advantage of him turning his back on his boyhood club with other clubs competing for his signature I think it's fair to say it doesn't seem we've engineered the whole affair .

Anyway this Evertonian hopes the comments wishing bad luck on us is just the totally understandable anger your feeling in these difficult times but whether it is or isn't there are at least a few of us will be up at least once to watch you next year wherever you are playing because You Are The People fellas keep proud and do not let these rats grind you down .

Stayed out of her today as I've posted a few times I'm an Evertonian with love for Rangers so I didn't want people thinking I was taking the piss or giving it the big one. I can totally understand the hatred for Naismith but although everton have taken advantage of him turning his back on his boyhood club with other clubs competing for his signature I think it's fair to say it doesn't seem we've engineered the whole affair .

Anyway this Evertonian hopes the comments wishing bad luck on us is just the totally understandable anger your feeling in these difficult times but whether it is or isn't there are at least a few of us will be up at least once to watch you next year wherever you are playing because You Are The People fellas keep proud and do not let these rats grind you down .

Great post mate. IMO Everton have done nothing wrong, and I'm sure if they are asked to pay a fee they may well come to some agreement.

It's firmly Naismith's greed that has pissed people off!! Refusing to transfer to the Newco and THEN ask for a transfer would have been the right way to do things...if he loved the club as much as he said he did.

I still doubt he'll be a sensation down there, but will wait & see.

(tu)

I hope one of his knees falls apart in his first game.

can not beleive these comments ...... I'm utterly disappointed in his decision too and will not be wishing him "all the best" as others have done but this sort of comment is nothing short of disgusting!

Get a grip!