***Official English Football Thread***

DJW

• Replies 15.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It wasn't simply because of money... They had a lot of luck aswell.

If it wasn't for money they'd still be a wee club that wins a league cup every now and then. Man City would be a wee club that wins the Championship every now and then. Only Arsenal, Liverpool, Man Utd and Everton can claim to be the bigger clubs in England.

No one should be shocked. Most of the 'big' games in the premier league end up a boring stalemate. There is so much money at stake now that teams are afraid to lose. I'm an EPL cynic though.

I have to disagree with this. In fact its one of the worst posts Ive seen on here. How many of the big games have ended up 0-0 in recent years?

I have to disagree with this. In fact its one of the worst posts Ive seen on here. How many of the big gmaes have ended up 0-0 in recent years?

Not saying they finish 0-0. They could be 1-1, 1-0, 2-1. I'm just saying most of the matches between the 'big' teams are tight, nervous games because no one wants to lose. This makes them dull in my personal opinion.

Not saying they finish 0-0. They could be 1-1, 1-0, 2-1. I'm just saying most of the matches between the 'big' teams are tight, nervous games because no one wants to lose. This makes them dull in my personal opinion.

You actually said a boring stalemate. That must be considered firstly a draw more than likely 0-0.

I can see what you mean but I still disagree. Last season we had 8-2, 5-3, 3-3, 6-1, to name just a few from Man U, Arsenal, Chelsea and City games.

You actually said a boring stalemate. That must be considered firstly a draw more than likely 0-0.

I can see what you mean but I still disagree. Last season we had 8-2, 5-3, 3-3, 6-1, to name just a few from Man U, Arsenal, Chelsea and City games

Fair enough stalemate was the wrong word.

It's just my experience of watching EPL. I know it's not the rule, which is why I said most not all.

Thought the abuse Benetiz got was shocking. Always thought the Chelsea fans were a bit scummy, this proves my point

Didn't see the game today, but the clean sheet will be viewed as a victory by Benitez. The Chelsea fans enjoyed watching turgid football on the way to the CL win, so they should be ecstatic now.

in defence of the Chelsea fans, the sacking of Di Matteo was nothing short of a disgrace, and i just heard on MOTD2 there that Rafa said a few years ago that he would never manage Chelsea. that being said, i dont know why Abramovich is escaping abuse here. his head is up his own arse and he should be the one taking the flak from the fans

Archived