***The Official Wimbledon Final Thread***

I'd lump it on Murray to win the US Open tbh.

I've always said his first slam will be on the hardcourts.

Hard Court is his best surface by far...hopefully he can take that one in August/Sept.

He's improving and Ivan has him working on the right things now.

He'd have won it if he was English though.

It's his Scottishness that rendered him fucking useless.

Once again the English are allowed to mock the Scots and fuck all is said about it .

and you can bet your life on it that headline will NOT be in tomorrows Scottish Sun ............

murray will never win a major when he continues to make silly, energy sapping mistakes

Watch him in the first set or two, murray tries to et to every single shot of federers even if he cannot make a worthwhile return, there was one game where Murray was simply etting returns in that were going sky high and federer was just standing still and smashing them while Murray ran about like a fucking lunatic

Whereas Federer doesnt even move for half of Murrays efforts even if he could just about reach it

Once again the English are allowed to mock the Scots and fuck all is said about it .

and you can bet your life on it that headline will NOT be in tomorrows Scottish Sun ............

Do you expect anything else from that corrupt-to-the-core conglomerate? Just don't buy it... and don't post the links either.

(tu)

Do you expect anything else from that corrupt-to-the-core conglomerate? Just don't buy it... and don't post the links either.

(tu)

I never buy it , was sent the page in email .

Have already made complaint , fuckin shocking how they always get away with this crap...........

I never buy it , was sent the page in email .

Have already made complaint , fuckin shocking how they always get away with this crap...........

Maybe that odious slug Kelvin MacKenzie still haunts the premises. I believe he likes a bit of 'Jock-baiting...?'

And his second name doesn't sound at all Scottish or anything... Okay.

Murray's most telling comment was the remark about getting closer - he knows he can mix it with the best.

He still needs to improve, when Federer stepped it up it was clear that Murray doesn't have that extra few percent of brilliance to win a grand-slam.

Yet. I think he will. I was very impressed with him today.

Federer, however, was awesome once he got into the swing of things.

murray will never win a major when he continues to make silly, energy sapping mistakes

Watch him in the first set or two, murray tries to et to every single shot of federers even if he cannot make a worthwhile return, there was one game where Murray was simply etting returns in that were going sky high and federer was just standing still and smashing them while Murray ran about like a fucking lunatic

Whereas Federer doesnt even move for half of Murrays efforts even if he could just about reach it

That is quite simply not the reason Murray didn't win today. At all.

One of Murray's strengths is his fitness, he is one of the fittest on the tour, if not thee fittest. If Murray can keep asking the questions then he will, he won a few points from Federer's unforced errors in those exact situations.

Federer had 13 more unforced errors than Murray today, they were coming out of everywhere. No wonder Murray was trying to keep the ball in play!!

Murray lost today due to mental resolve and not taking that really important break point in the second. There's a fine line in greatness and Murray nearly got there today. But he'll be back for sure.

Not really sure what's so offensive about the punny headline, but anyway... Murray has a serious problem in that he is always going to struggle in the big competitions to beat Federer, Nadal and Djokovic, and there is no way that all three are going to get knocked out.

The intensity that those guys bring is on a different level to where Murray currently is, although he undoubtedly has the physical fitness and the shots, there still has to be a huge doubt over his mental fitness.

That said, I'll be watching at whatever time he's on at Flushing Meadows, and hoping to be proved wrong.

All that said, today was his best effort by a long way so far, and maybe the Lendl effect is the one that can push him to the next level.

That is quite simply not the reason Murray didn't win today. At all.

One of Murray's strengths is his fitness, he is one of the fittest on the tour, if not thee fittest. If Murray can keep asking the questions then he will, he won a few points from Federer's unforced errors in those exact situations.

Federer had 13 more unforced errors than Murray today, they were coming out of everywhere. No wonder Murray was trying to keep the ball in play!!

Murray lost today due to mental resolve and not taking that really important break point in the second. There's a fine line in greatness and Murray nearly got there today. But he'll be back for sure.

for someone thats supposedly the fittest, thats his last 2 matches he has started strongly and then faded into nothing, he was lucky that tsonga wasnt better or murray could have thrown that away

and as for unforced errors, im not taking about murray getting to the ball and being able to hit a decent return, im talking about instances like when he is running along the back wall simply hitting the balls sky high while federer simply stands still and thumps smash after smash back at murray

Murray may be the fittest, but even running at 90% or 80% in latter stages of matches affects his shots and allows better players to hit better returns

Against the 3 better in the world, Murray always starts better than he finishes

for someone thats supposedly the fittest, thats his last 2 matches he has started strongly and then faded into nothing, he was lucky that tsonga wasnt better or murray could have thrown that away

and as for unforced errors, im not taking about murray getting to the ball and being able to hit a decent return, im talking about instances like when he is running along the back wall simply hitting the balls sky high while federer simply stands still and thumps smash after smash back at murray

Murray may be the fittest, but even running at 90% or 80% in latter stages of matches affects his shots and allows better players to hit better returns

Against the 3 better in the world, Murray always starts better than he finishes

That is nothing to do with his fitness. You simply cannot question Andy Murray's fitness. Look at his averages and it will tell you he doesn't have a problem in his fitness, his serves stay at the same consistent level (speed) as do his ground strokes (speed). Just because someone doesn't keep up their standard of play throughout a game doesn't automatically mean it's down to them tiring.

It can be down to a number of factors, factors which I think you can blame for Murray not winning today. His mental resolve, Federer upping his game and a change in conditions (the roof closing).

Murray won key points because he was keeping the ball in play. It's a fact. I can remember him winning a point because he forced Federer into making a mistake, he was running about miles behind the baseline and just got to the ball and it went way up in the air and Federer hit it way long.

Andy lost because he has a bit of a mental block in Slam finals, but once he gets passed that block he will go onto win more Slams. Many greats of his own sport have been in the same situation, his coach for one. I'm not saying Murray can go onto win 8 Slams, but I'm positive he will win at least one.

That is nothing to do with his fitness. You simply cannot question Andy Murray's fitness. Look at his averages and it will tell you he doesn't have a problem in his fitness, his serves stay at the same consistent level (speed) as do his ground strokes (speed). Just because someone doesn't keep up their standard of play throughout a game doesn't automatically mean it's down to them tiring.

It can be down to a number of factors, factors which I think you can blame for Murray not winning today. His mental resolve, Federer upping his game and a change in conditions (the roof closing).

Murray won key points because he was keeping the ball in play. It's a fact. I can remember him winning a point because he forced Federer into making a mistake, he was running about miles behind the baseline and just got to the ball and it went way up in the air and Federer hit it way long.

Andy lost because he has a bit of a mental block in Slam finals, but once he gets passed that block he will go onto win more Slams. Many greats of his own sport have been in the same situation, his coach for one. I'm not saying Murray can go onto win 8 Slams, but I'm positive he will win at least one.

that is clear bullshit,he lost cause he wasnt good enough,anycunt with half a brain could see that