The Enemy Within

Fastrax

This thread has me thinking about my own situation and my allegiance to Rangers and my conformity to the anti-taig sentiment which seems to be at the heart of everything Rangers supporters enjoy and indeed is used to condemn us by anyone who doesn’t support us.

I, like every other blue nose in the country love going to games particularly against Celtic and milking the atmosphere, especially when it is a good game and the singing is loud. That cannot be beaten and makes your season ticket worth paying for. As we all know, some of our most rousing chants are anti-catholic at best, but we all join in (well we all used to) and it builds the atmosphere.

Do we all really deep down hate catholics?

The West of Scotland /Northern Irish culture would say yes from the majority, and likewise the catholics would probably say the same. My grandfather was a ship designer on Clydeside all his life and would not let a catholic in the house. Is he right or wrong?

I went to my first Rangers match in 1962 against Dundee at Ibrox with my late father. I had a season ticket for about 13 years and go to games as often as I can, so I have been a bluenose for 50 years. I have also worked outside of the West of Scotland and do a lot of travelling. I also have 3 really good pals who are all catholics, one a Celtic fan, one a Killie fan and the other is French. I can assure you that everyone of them would take a bullet for me, and likewise me for them.

There is a life outside the West of Scotland.

But the perception and in many cases because of the belief of the hatred, we are tarred as a bigoted club. We choose to be like this, but living in the West of Scotland undoubtedly influences this.

Now when the chips are down, we see that 90% of the clubs in Scotland want us punished. Should we really be surprised?

No-one like us we don’t care.....

I will be a supporter of Rangers for another 50 years and so will my children. But I can assure you I won’t be changing my catholic friends for anyone.

Celtic fans hate us because the class us as the Protestant club, so the rival pish is bullshit.

Thats just the beads though mate.......theres plenty non-pape tims who just hate us for being us.

Most of my family, from my mothers side (staunchly presbyterian) to my dads side (neanderthals) are selik fans.

I find it disgusting, and if I do speak to them, its generally to tell them that they are disgracing the family (especially my mothers side, god-bothering, bible thumping Free Presbyterian fucking tims). :anguish:

I feel the same about the racists - people like you.

And, people who don't think like you are an 'enemy' are they?

Moses McNeil, every post you make in a thread of mine is calling me a racist its boring and repetitive. I am a racist, and a bigot however I do NOT accept them as badges of shame (tu)

Thats just the beads though mate.......theres plenty non-pape tims who just hate us for being us.

Most of my family, from my mothers side (staunchly presbyterian) to my dads side (neanderthals) are selik fans.

I find it disgusting, and if I do speak to them, its generally to tell them that they are disgracing the family (especially my mothers side, god-bothering, bible thumping Free Presbyterian fucking tims). :anguish:

(tu)

I really feel for you mate, stuck with that lot, you can choose your friends.... :rolleyes:

Whilst at a match last season i sat in the Broomie next to a couple of Jacobite so called Rangers fans they where there with a loyal supporter.

And as the UB sang you can stick your snp up your Arse , these two characters stood up in rage and threw their scarves down ,and proceeded to walk away out the stadium.

As they left pne of them, not loudly ,said f the Queen under his muttering.

I heard him ,and challenged him ,and it was a point where I was prepated to defend HM whom I have served under ,and I believe there will be others with the same view against our culture and ways .I asked the guy who was with them to relay a message to tell them not to return to Ibrox with an attitude like that.

I want them rooted out of our support as they are the enemy within they are appologists ,and have bought in to the NationalistAnti Crown/Unionist brainwashing that is being perpetrated in Scotland at holyrood .

They are Scum, and will just as soon want us at Ibrox closed down ,and eliminated .

Salmond wouldnt stand up for HM he is an National Elitist ,and has charmed them with his fancy words and speil.Dont buy it.

Moses McNeil, every post you make in a thread of mine is calling me a racist its boring and repetitive. I am a racist, and a bigot however I do NOT accept them as badges of shame (tu)

you my friend need to grow up.

(tu)

I really feel for you mate, stuck with that lot, you can choose your friends.... :rolleyes:

On the plus side.......I have cured my father of his selik leanings...............he fucking hates them now. Even wants us to beat them (my contempt for selik has rubbed off on him, after 43 years).

Man Utd fan now. Its an improvement of sorts.

I've only got 2 daughters, so cant really pass the Rangers bug on, unless either of them have sons. I don't take wimmin to fitba.

On the plus side.......I have cured my father of his selik leanings...............he fucking hates them now. Even wants us to beat them (my contempt for selik has rubbed off on him, after 43 years).

Man Utd fan now. Its an improvement of sorts.

I've only got 2 daughters, so cant really pass the Rangers bug on, unless either of them have sons. I don't take wimmin to fitba.

I always find it entertaining to chat with fellow fans, been a gers supporter all my life from mothers side my dad knew nowt about football moneyman, I have 2 daughter both rangers fan and have been to ibrox on numerious occasions, now have a grandson who is taking after my dad although is forced to listen to his mental granny going on about football and the walk!

Btw Chelsea for me :P

At some point the OP and his supporters will have to come to terms with the fact that not all Rangers fans are driven by a hatred of Cathlics/Irish Republicans/Celtic fans, and that we too have a right to express our views on this forum as much as you do.

As the thread title alludes to, too many people on this forum are obsessed with not only the idea that there are armies of celtic fans on here trying to undermine our so-called protestant heritage, but that there are also Rangers fans on this site who are what many people on here describe as "taig sympathisers".It's this imagined second group that I find most amusing.

Having been shielded from the worst of the sectarian vitrol this country has to offer for most of my life, im not entirely sure what a 'taig' is.But from my time spent on this forum it seems to be one of two things.Either its just a sectarian word for Cathlic or its someone who supports the cause of Irish Republicanism.Thats why i find the often overused term "taig sympathiser" so funny, because its not illegal/morally or socially reprehensible to be either Cathlic or Irish Republican, despite what the term suggests.Its a complete misnomer and the people who bandy it about on here are just making fools of themselves.

So I wouldn't worry about any lurking Celtic fans or supporters of a united Ireland, if your views are as informed and secure as you seem to think they are, you should have no problem arguing them with two-bit troublemakers.

First of all no one has mentioned catholics, secondly, it is the point you make about people on here as taig sympathisers, if you believe that this group is simply an imagination then you are part of the problem

I wouldn't really say we were friends

let me guess you are also a member of the edl and bmp?

You would of been one of adolfs favorites.

To still be a racist in the 21st century is laughable and embarrassing.

Whilst at a match last season i sat in the Broomie next to a couple of Jacobite so called Rangers fans they where there with a loyal supporter.

And as the UB sang you can stick your snp up your Arse , these two characters stood up in rage and threw their scarves down ,and proceeded to walk away out the stadium.

I heard him ,and challenged him ,and it was a point where I was prepated to defend HM whom I have served under ,and I believe there will be others with the same view against our culture and ways .I asked the guy who was with them to relay a message to tell them not to return to Ibrox with an attitude like that.

I want them rooted out of our support as they are the enemy within they are appologists ,and have bought in to the NationalistAnti Crown/Unionist brainwashing that is being perpetrated in Scotland at holyrood .

They are Scum, and will just as soon want us at Ibrox closed down ,and eliminated .

Salmond wouldnt stand up for HM he is an National Elitist ,and has charmed them with his fancy words and speil.Dont buy it.

Great post and I'm glad they threw down the scarves as they clearly are not the kind of ilk I'd like to see wearing the red white & blue

I think most of the non loyalist are missing the op point. No one has said they hate RC's, I don't brough up in a loyalist family cousins who are RC went to church and chapel to see them, they also came to walks with us still do. The problems lies with Gers fan that want to look down thier nose at loyalist/unionist fans like we are a bad smell.

I also have many friends who are RC's some practise some don't each to thier own, I don't shove my views in thier face, I am proud of what I am, and so are they.

I would say most peep think the bills passed on sectarianism are to appease the nationalist sympathisers, offended by everything and would love to stop free thinking and freedom of speach, and they are winning the battle, but it only seems directed at the rangers support, ditch your culture and heritage, while let us promote all other religns ast hey state they are in the minority and we are offending them.

My own views to my owm family now, live and let live , teach them right from wrong, not one poster here has made ref to the orange order breaking ranks to attend the funeral of the rc policeman murdered by the scum in ireland, that is choosing right from wrong as we are all saddend by these acts, but they seem to be swept under the carpet to suit the masses. i was in George Sqare o Wed to see the Queen with my family grat day, not reported the nationlaist republic sympathiers were also present trying to cause trouble.

Sorry for the long post, some peep just don't get it!.

The thread has turned into a bashing of catholic haters bubblybear, despite the OP making no reference to catholics whatsoever, that is the problem, as my sig says the word bigot is robbing us of our country

scotland as an independent nation will still have the queen as a monarch, you can be a scottish loyalist as much as you can a british one.

I also serve in hm forces, and my whole family are bears mad.

I will be voting yes in 2014 and will proudly wave the lion rampant (the royal standard) at ibrox.

Ibrox is open to everyone of all political,religious persuasion. Not every Rangers fan is a queen loving British flag waver. We have nationalists in our support ,Muslims in our support, sikhs in our support and everyone has an entitlement to their opinion. Democracy. One of the most wonderful British things.

Trollling pish !

Keep your loyalist politics out of the Bears den where they dont belong and then you would have fk all to moan about.

The success of this thread goes to show it DOES belong in the bears den

I always find it entertaining to chat with fellow fans, been a gers supporter all my life from mothers side my dad knew nowt about football moneyman, I have 2 daughter both rangers fan and have been to ibrox on numerious occasions, now have a grandson who is taking after my dad although is forced to listen to his mental granny going on about football and the walk!

Btw Chelsea for me :P

Chelsea? :anguish: Was a Wimbledon fan myself, no interest in English or any other football anymore.

I just support Rangers now. Like I did when I was a wee boy. Before I knew what a prod or a pape was.

Supported Caley too, until they ceased to exist in 1994, but thats another story.

let me guess you are also a member of the edl and bmp?

You would of been one of adolfs favorites.

To still be a racist in the 21st century is laughable and embarrassing.

No I lost interest in the EDL when they sold out soon after their inception. Never supported the BNP, they are taigs (tu)

What do you deem as a success?

The fact you claim yourself to be a racist and bigot while being proud of both baffles me tbh.

Six (7 now) pages, an OP with 18 positive reps and a "popular" star. If that baffles you then I strongly advise you open your eyes n clean out your lugs mate

First of all no one has mentioned catholics, secondly, it is the point you make about people on here as taig sympathisers, if you believe that this group is simply an imagination then you are part of the problem

Im sorry but this taig apologist/sympathiser class is purely the product of your imagination. As i explained earlier, being a Celtic fan/Cathlic/Irish Republican are neither legally/socially or morally reprehensible and therefor require no-one to apologise on their behalf.Thus making your taig apologist term a shoddy misnomer.